Expired Hot Deals

RFD Exclusive from PUMA: $30 off $150+, 18% Duties/Taxes Waived + Free Ship over $85

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2011 5:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
RFD Staff
Jan 6, 2008
2531 posts
3390 upvotes
Toronto

RFD Exclusive from PUMA: $30 off $150+, 18% Duties/Taxes Waived + Free Ship over $85

We're wrapping up a week of great Canada Day offers with a deal from PUMA! Right now you can get $30 off any purchase over $150 US with coupon code RFD_CANADADAY11! That's not all, though -- you'll get an extra 18% off because PUMA has waived its standard taxes/duties charge at checkout. $30 off $150 + 18% off + free shipping over $85 + the super hot Semi-Annual Sale going on now=one really hot deal!

Here's a look at a few sale items we like: All prices are in USD. This offer is valid for shipments to Canada only and the coupon code expires at 11:59 pm PST on July 8, 2011. Happy Shopping!
20 replies
Apr 28, 2004
866 posts
63 upvotes
Do keep in mind that the "sale" price is still higher than the regular price on puma.com which is also having a "up to 40% off" weekend. The additional RFD savings bring it close to regular US pricing, assuming you order over, but close to, $150. Once you get there, look at the US sale pricing and you'll be disgusted or find an Amerifriend.

No reason we should be spending so much more than our friends to the south.
May 6, 2007
974 posts
97 upvotes
Fate wrote:
Jul 1st, 2011 10:54 am
Do keep in mind that the "sale" price is still higher than the regular price on puma.com which is also having a "up to 40% off" weekend. The additional RFD savings bring it close to regular US pricing, assuming you order over, but close to, $150. Once you get there, look at the US sale pricing and you'll be disgusted or find an Amerifriend.

No reason we should be spending so much more than our friends to the south.

+1
it is disrespectful to Canadians to keep prices higher than for Americans in the light of strength of our currency.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4514 posts
153 upvotes
Lexi wrote:
Jul 1st, 2011 12:57 pm
+1
it is disrespectful to Canadians to keep prices higher than for Americans in the light of strength of our currency.

there's more factors than just the exchange rate that affects prices

simple solution is just to not purchase from PUMA, plenty of other retailers out there that were cheaper and offer similar quality...unless you really like the PUMA style
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1680 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
Man, I REALLY want to like some of those shoes (nice price), but I just can't... Who designs them?! :facepalm:
Dec 14, 2008
952 posts
126 upvotes
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jul 4th, 2011 1:45 am
Man, I REALLY want to like some of those shoes (nice price), but I just can't... Who designs them?! :facepalm:

some puma shoes look/feel much better when you see it in person

if you like the price you should check them out at the mall
May 6, 2007
974 posts
97 upvotes
nitroblu wrote:
Jul 1st, 2011 2:45 pm
there's more factors than just the exchange rate that affects prices

simple solution is just to not purchase from PUMA, plenty of other retailers out there that were cheaper and offer similar quality...unless you really like the PUMA style

Totally agree. However, the rest of the factors do not hold true anymore -especially for online sales.
May 9, 2005
784 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Note : for anybody that ordered

I ordered goods worth 158.20 and with the $30 off the invoice total was 128.20. I checked my credit card today and saw one charge of 128.20 and a separate charge of 30.00 a day later. I had to call in to get a credit issued. Very shady practice it appears by Puma, charging me full price without any notification.

Everybody who ordered, check your CC statement!!

Also - i havent received my order yet which was from July 1st!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2449 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
It happened to me as well, they said that they will not honour the coupon since it wasn't from Puma itself. Completely idiotic and they tried to blame it on RFD saying we're shady :razz:

Returned to sender, if anybody official at RFD can look into this it'll be great.
Apr 28, 2004
866 posts
63 upvotes
medalgo wrote:
Jul 12th, 2011 11:06 am
It happened to me as well, they said that they will not honour the coupon since it wasn't from Puma itself. Completely idiotic and they tried to blame it on RFD saying we're shady :razz:

Returned to sender, if anybody official at RFD can look into this it'll be great.
They're saying RFD made up a coupon code that just happens to work on the Puma website? How is the coupon code not from Puma itself?

Puma Canada is just getting worse and worse. I love the "save 18% on taxes and duties." They somehow fail to mention that they cranked the price 40%-50% over US pricing before hand though.
Jul 13, 2009
96 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
I just looked on my CC statement as well and got charged for the $30 too!!!

Can someone look into this?
May 9, 2005
784 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Victory11 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2011 1:40 pm
I just looked on my CC statement as well and got charged for the $30 too!!!

Can someone look into this?

Agreed. RFD being the provider of the coupon should ensure that everybody who used the coupon and met the requirements is refunded the $30. This is a very poor practice from Puma and will be the last time I order online from them!
[OP]
RFD Staff
Jan 6, 2008
2531 posts
3390 upvotes
Toronto
Gooner wrote:
Jul 11th, 2011 10:11 am

I ordered goods worth 158.20 and with the $30 off the invoice total was 128.20. I checked my credit card today and saw one charge of 128.20 and a separate charge of 30.00 a day later.

Also - i havent received my order yet which was from July 1st!
Wow! That's definitely not how it's supposed to work. I'll look into this right away.
× < >