Site Comments & Suggestions

RFD Forum Thread Titles have (2) in front of them?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2017 6:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2009
626 posts
151 upvotes

RFD Forum Thread Titles have (2) in front of them?

Google & search didn't come up with anything, so...

Am I the only one where almost every RFD page title has a (2) in front of them?
e.g. this page would be
(2) Site Comments & Suggestions - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I'm on firefox, btw.
7 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8015 posts
12434 upvotes
Scarborough
That's the current number of unread notifications you have. Check your notifications and it'll clear the number.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13066 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
I think you can edit your notifications settings in your profile. At least when you're replying to a post, you can put down "No Notifications" and I think once you do that, the site sort of remembers that's your preferred setting.
I'm not subscribed to every thread that I comment in so, it's working for me at the very least.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8015 posts
12434 upvotes
Scarborough
davesnothere wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 7:41 pm
Thanks, but you guys should seriously consider giving us the option to REMOVE that 'feature'. It makes bookmarking very annoying.
You should be able to edit your bookmarks if (#) was included in the title. Yes it's an extra step but unless you're booking tons of threads, it should be an ok solution. We can consider removing the feature or adding a toggle but right now this appears to be the only complaint about it so we're going to need a lot more negative feedback before we take the time to do it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Oct 26, 2009
626 posts
151 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 1:40 am
I think you can edit your notifications settings in your profile. At least when you're replying to a post, you can put down "No Notifications" and I think once you do that, the site sort of remembers that's your preferred setting.
I'm not subscribed to every thread that I comment in so, it's working for me at the very least.
I like keeping track of some threads in a loose fashion. Like knowing there's been activity... Just a personal preference.
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 1:18 pm
You should be able to edit your bookmarks if (#) was included in the title. Yes it's an extra step but unless you're booking tons of threads, it should be an ok solution. We can consider removing the feature or adding a toggle but right now this appears to be the only complaint about it so we're going to need a lot more negative feedback before we take the time to do it.
It's mostly an annoyance than anything. And particularly bad when it's a busy time like boxing week/CM when I'm bookmarking a lot. Thanks, anyway.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13066 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
davesnothere wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 6:18 pm
I like keeping track of some threads in a loose fashion. Like knowing there's been activity... Just a personal preference.

It's mostly an annoyance than anything. And particularly bad when it's a busy time like boxing week/CM when I'm bookmarking a lot. Thanks, anyway.
But like you, I too keep track of this and that thread, some I haven't even posted in.
But because I'm on SO MUCH, my default is for no notifications and then to subscribe and add notifications (only) to the odd thread I want to follow.

Just saying, there's options.
"Deal of the Day" addict