• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2017 10:30 am
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FnF184 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 10:48 am
Got them from the FragranceBuy sale a couple weeks back. Averaged to 33 bucks each (most expensive was the Aventus at 39, cheapest was GIT at 28). They all really do smell great, but the concern is around longevity however that can be said of many brand names as well.
Those prices are much better than the shop I visited in Mississauga that had had them. Glad I had a chance to smell them there though. How long do you get out of them?
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anybody try the Aqua Di Parma line of colognes? Any good for longevity etc?
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Recently tried Parfums de Marly Herod, Pegasus and Layton. They're all really great! I think I'll pickup Layton and Herod. I've heard that Armaf Craze is a dead ringer for Pegasus, so I'll get that and compare to my sample since it's not a big investment.
Jul 20, 2007
973 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
I have Craze, yes it's quite close to Pegasus, at least in the opening. I haven't had a chance to extensively test Pegasus on my skin. Craze is beastly, so go light on the trigger! I oversprayed it once on my skin and the heliotrope note (I believe it's the heliotrope) started giving me a headache.
I have not tried any Aqua Di Parma colognes, the only one I hear about from that house is ADP Colonia Essenza. Let us know what you think of the ADP line if you come across it; would like to hear your opinion.
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 2:29 pm
I have Craze, yes it's quite close to Pegasus, at least in the opening. I haven't had a chance to extensively test Pegasus on my skin. Craze is beastly, so go light on the trigger! I oversprayed it once on my skin and the heliotrope note (I believe it's the heliotrope) started giving me a headache.
I have not tried any Aqua Di Parma colognes, the only one I hear about from that house is ADP Colonia Essenza. Let us know what you think of the ADP line if you come across it; would like to hear your opinion.
I did get a chance to smell quite a few of the Aqua di Parma colognes when I was in Philly last month. Colonia Essenza is quite nice, as is Colonia Assoluta. If you like the fresh Citrus scents, you would be good with either one. Just be prepared to reapply during the day. Even though it may be EDP, linear fresh scents don't generally last, at least not for me.

I spent a lot of time in Nieman Marcus and they have a good selection of Aqua Di Parma. I ended up getting a big bottle of Pomello Paradis by Atelier which also came with a 30ml bottle of any of their scents. I ended up choosing Oud Saphir for that. It's not your typical Oud smell (which I don't generally care for). It's quite a bit lighter and brighter. The Pomello scent is really great also. It's fresh, clean and linear. As expected it doesn't last too long, but I think that's to be expected with a freshy like this.

I also spent time going through the Armani Prive line they had. That is some great stuff also. The lady who was working there was so nice! She gave us a few samples of the entire Atelier line, the whole Prive line and a few others. Great experience shopping there.

I think my next bigger purchase will be Parfums de Marly Layton or Herod. Right now I'm leaning toward Layton.
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 2:29 pm
I forgot to comment on Craze. I bought a sample of Pegasus, Layton and Herod from Niche Essence on Yonge St. and used them all a few times. I like them all. They all have great performance. I don't get that Pegasus is super strong though. That could be because the atomizer on a sample bottle isn't anywhere near as good as the one on the bottle. I've watched a bunch of reviews of Craze, and the only reason Pegasus isn't a consideration right now is because of how close people have been saying that Craze is to Pegasus(99% for some reviewers). At $30 on Fragrancebuy I'll grab one of those in stead. I may decant it into another bottle or two though since the bottle seems to be kind of rubbish. Have you had any issues with the bottle/atomizer?
Jul 20, 2007
973 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:44 am
I've watched a bunch of reviews of Craze, and the only reason Pegasus isn't a consideration right now is because of how close people have been saying that Craze is to Pegasus(99% for some reviewers). At $30 on Fragrancebuy I'll grab one of those in stead. I may decant it into another bottle or two though since the bottle seems to be kind of rubbish. Have you had any issues with the bottle/atomizer?
It's a tacky bottle design in my opinion. The cap is cheaply constructed. It does not click securely into place so don't bother trying to pick it up via the cap. I guess that is what you get for $30 lol.
Jul 20, 2007
973 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
Recently got my hands on a bottle of Tone Indeterminee; an amazing under-the-radar release from Zara.
Be sure to try this if you are a fan of gourmands. I get coffee, chocolate, and biscuits from it!
Projection and sillage are better than average on my skin.
It was released last year, but I don't see it in stores anymore. Hope they re-release it this year, so I can grab a back-up bottle (I think it was around $30).
I heard Ganache Tonka is good too, but can't find it anywhere. The hunt continues.
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:48 am
It's a tacky bottle design in my opinion. The cap is cheaply constructed. It does not click securely into place so don't bother trying to pick it up via the cap. I guess that is what you get for $30 lol.
I ended up getting the Craze and that silver piece is rubbish lol. For now, I just decanted some into a small 12ml spray bottle I got from Muji.
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:55 am
Recently got my hands on a bottle of Tone Indeterminee; an amazing under-the-radar release from Zara.
Be sure to try this if you are a fan of gourmands. I get coffee, chocolate, and biscuits from it!
Projection and sillage are better than average on my skin.
It was released last year, but I don't see it in stores anymore. Hope they re-release it this year, so I can grab a back-up bottle (I think it was around $30).
I heard Ganache Tonka is good too, but can't find it anywhere. The hunt continues.
Sounds good! Funny though that on Fragrantica they list the notes as Pomelo and Cinnamon, then Neroli, then Tobacco. I'm terrible at picking out the notes of fragrances unless it's right there in my face like the vanilla and tobacco of Tobacco Vanille. There's a few Zara fragrances that are supposed to be quite good, especially for the price and this seems to be one of them.

BTW, it seems very worthwhile to check out the Decant guy that Sandlent mentioned in the Costco Aventus thread. The 50ml decants seem to be the sweet spot. Much cheaper than buying at Fragrancebuy. I've signed up for a 50ml decant of Tobacco Vanille and may go for a Oud Wood. He also has a lot of Creed fragrances available. May go for Virgin Island Water to bring on my trip to Mexico. Message me if you want the link.
Jul 20, 2007
973 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:44 pm
I ended up getting the Craze and that silver piece is rubbish lol. For now, I just decanted some into a small 12ml spray bottle I got from Muji.
"rubbish" is an understatement lol.
I tried the Muji atomizer as well (the glass one in the metallic silver casing) and I actually quite like it. It doesn't drip or leak, and shoots out a nice clean spray.
Jul 20, 2007
973 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:59 pm
Sounds good! Funny though that on Fragrantica they list the notes as Pomelo and Cinnamon, then Neroli, then Tobacco. I'm terrible at picking out the notes of fragrances unless it's right there in my face like the vanilla and tobacco of Tobacco Vanille. There's a few Zara fragrances that are supposed to be quite good, especially for the price and this seems to be one of them.

BTW, it seems very worthwhile to check out the Decant guy that Sandlent mentioned in the Costco Aventus thread. The 50ml decants seem to be the sweet spot. Much cheaper than buying at Fragrancebuy. I've signed up for a 50ml decant of Tobacco Vanille and may go for a Oud Wood. He also has a lot of Creed fragrances available. May go for Virgin Island Water to bring on my trip to Mexico. Message me if you want the link.
Not sure if Fragrantica made an error in posting the notes but I don't get any of them. Out of those notes, cinnamon is probably the closest one. The others are either incorrect or are so faint that they are barely detectable to my nose. Best to sample it.
The "Reminds me of" list is actually more accurate than the notes. To me this has elements of VUI+RochasMan+BlackPhantom (yes, the By Kilian release).
Jan 8, 2015
239 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:37 pm
Not sure if Fragrantica made an error in posting the notes but I don't get any of them. Out of those notes, cinnamon is probably the closest one. The others are either incorrect or are so faint that they are barely detectable to my nose. Best to sample it.
The "Reminds me of" list is actually more accurate than the notes. To me this has elements of VUI+RochasMan+BlackPhantom (yes, the By Kilian release).
Good to know. I'll check it out when I get a chance!