• May 24th, 2017 4:41 am
Jul 20, 2007
930 posts
120 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 5:44 pm
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 5:07 pm
I was looking for a chart or something to know which scents Armaf are clones of (I'm not sure they all are), and I cam across this if it helps anybody.

https://www.takeit2day.com/blog/armaf-clones-of-titans

The shipping rates are crazy, but the list seems okay. Odd how they have 2 scents that are supposed to be similar to Aventus though.
Just fyi only the club de nuit intense man is the aventus clone not the other one.
Looks like Armaf has 3 Aventus clones. Armaf Idivo Perfume for Men which is a clone of Insurrection Pure II, which is a clone of Aventus. So, a clone of a clone lol. Armaf's clones knows no bounds! I agree with sandlent and would go with CDNI if you want to get as close to Aventus as possible.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1033 posts
113 upvotes
Why are people buying fragrances online instead of from costco? Are they cheaper? Are they legit?
Mar 7, 2011
14 posts
1 upvote
goldensun7 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 10:43 pm
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 5:07 pm
I was looking for a chart or something to know which scents Armaf are clones of (I'm not sure they all are), and I cam across this if it helps anybody.

https://www.takeit2day.com/blog/armaf-clones-of-titans

The shipping rates are crazy, but the list seems okay. Odd how they have 2 scents that are supposed to be similar to Aventus though.
Thanks for posting this list. How accurate is it? Can anyone confirm some of the scent being good clones?
Thanks again Cashjinx for posting this list... You probably saved us hundreds on dollars in buying expensive colognes.
Jul 20, 2007
930 posts
120 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 4:02 pm
Why are people buying fragrances online instead of from costco? Are they cheaper? Are they legit?
Yeah, for price and selection. You should buy from a reputable site to ensure you get a legit product.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
84 posts
34 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Added CH Men and Paco Rabanne Invictus to the collection this weekend. Both pretty sweet. Should do well in the cooler weather.
Nov 22, 2009
217 posts
63 upvotes
This is what I've ordered online so far:

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense
Armaf Tres Nuit
Armaf Tag Him
Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef and Ariel's.

I've locally bought Cuba Paris, Cuba Brown and Cuba Winner.

I'm in love with Terre D'Hermes which I think will be my absolute favorite for a very very long time. Everytime I wear it I can't stop smelling myself.

I think my collection has grown enough to hold off any more purchases for a while.
Mar 7, 2011
14 posts
1 upvote
sandlent wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 11:06 am
This is what I've ordered online so far:

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense
Armaf Tres Nuit
Armaf Tag Him
Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef and Ariel's.

I've locally bought Cuba Paris, Cuba Brown and Cuba Winner.

I'm in love with Terre D'Hermes which I think will be my absolute favorite for a very very long time. Everytime I wear it I can't stop smelling myself.

I think my collection has grown enough to hold off any more purchases for a while.
How's the Armaf tag him Sandlent?

I got the CDNI and Tres Nuit which I both like very much.

On another note... I bought the woman's Armaf club Nuit and club Nuit intense for my wife. Would definitely recommend the intense for woman. It's a nice night fragrance that they say smells exactly like Tom Ford noir du noir. Can't confirm since I've never smelled it.
Nov 22, 2009
217 posts
63 upvotes
I haven't smelt the Tag Him yet as I just ordered it last week and I'll get it at the end of this month but I bought it based on the reviews saying that it smells a lot like Blue De Chanel.

I also heard that Armaf CDNI for women smells like Tom Ford NDN but to be honest the wife doesn't really like anything from the Tom Ford line as I have a Tom Ford Noir EDT up for sale.
Oct 8, 2015
84 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nest. They have some special scents.
Jul 20, 2007
930 posts
120 upvotes
Dior Homme Intense or D&G The One EDP? Which would you folks pick as an evening/cold weather scent, if you had to pick just one?
Nov 22, 2009
217 posts
63 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 1:09 pm
Dior Homme Intense or D&G The One EDP? Which would you folks pick as an evening/cold weather scent, if you had to pick just one?
I prefer The One. However you might also want to get your nose on Valentino Uomo and Midnight in Paris. I haven't smelt either of them but both are highly regarded and Valentino is regarded better than DHI.
Jul 20, 2007
930 posts
120 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 4:40 pm
speedy726 wrote:
I prefer The One. However you might also want to get your nose on Valentino Uomo and Midnight in Paris. I haven't smelt either of them but both are highly regarded and Valentino is regarded better than DHI.
Thanks for mentioning Valentino Uomo! On the way home I sprayed the EDT on one arm, and the EDP (Intense version) on the other. Ohhh man, I couldn't stop smelling my arms on the way home!! I was thinking there's definitely gourmand notes in this! The easiest description I can think of for this scent is .....Nutella! The friggin hazelnut chocolate spread! lol I heard that Uomo is comparable to Dior Homme which is known for its lipstick/makeup bag vibe, so when I started getting whiffs of the chocolate and hazelnut, I was totally caught off-guard! I say this in a good way. 2 hours since application, the Intense (EDP) version is still very much present, while the EDT is noticeable although to a lesser extent (goes without saying I guess) - at this stage, both arms have the same scent to my untrained nose, one arm just seems to have more nutella smeared on it than the other. Surprisingly, the EDP is offered for only $10 more than the EDT (same bottle size), so it's an obvious choice for me if I had to choose. I would like to compare DH and DHI next, but I cannot seem to find a shop with a DHI tester. Anyway, really blown away by this Valentino Uomo scent! Will definitely consider it!
Nov 22, 2009
217 posts
63 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 10:10 pm
sandlent wrote:
speedy726 wrote:
Thanks for mentioning Valentino Uomo! On the way home I sprayed the EDT on one arm, and the EDP (Intense version) on the other. Ohhh man, I couldn't stop smelling my arms on the way home!! I was thinking there's definitely gourmand notes in this! The easiest description I can think of for this scent is .....Nutella! The friggin hazelnut chocolate spread! lol I heard that Uomo is comparable to Dior Homme which is known for its lipstick/makeup bag vibe, so when I started getting whiffs of the chocolate and hazelnut, I was totally caught off-guard! I say this in a good way. 2 hours since application, the Intense (EDP) version is still very much present, while the EDT is noticeable although to a lesser extent (goes without saying I guess) - at this stage, both arms have the same scent to my untrained nose, one arm just seems to have more nutella smeared on it than the other. Surprisingly, the EDP is offered for only $10 more than the EDT (same bottle size), so it's an obvious choice for me if I had to choose. I would like to compare DH and DHI next, but I cannot seem to find a shop with a DHI tester. Anyway, really blown away by this Valentino Uomo scent! Will definitely consider it!
Which store did you find it at? I've been looking but can't find it anywhere.
Jul 20, 2007
930 posts
120 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:20 am
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 10:10 pm
sandlent wrote:

Which store did you find it at? I've been looking but can't find it anywhere.
The Bay! I haven't seen it being sold at fragrance discounters (yet), likely because it was just released this year
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2548 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Great suggestions guys - Ive been using Cool Water By Davidoff and 1 million for the longest time as its the only two I have and im looking forward to test out bleu de chanel and the hermes one to see how it goes.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel