• Jun 5th, 2017 2:46 pm
Jul 20, 2007
939 posts
120 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:30 pm
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 10:42 am
For anybody looking for a less expensive alternative to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, I came across another tobacco cologne that I like. The brand is called West Third, and the scent is Tobacco 1812. I got it from a store called Philistine in Toronto for 48.00 + tax.

It's not exactly like Tobacco Vanille, but I like it. There's a good tobacco scent, but not as much vanilla to it.

Here's a link to the Philistine website http://philistinetoronto.com/collection ... hird-brand
He sprayed once in either side of his neck and it stayed with him all day. It starts off with a nice strong cigar tobacco like vibe but settles down to a nice vanilla aroma.
I tried Eau Des Baux and sprayed once on either side of my neck; the scent had the Tobacco/Vanilla vibe but it sadly disappeared within 2.5 hours; could not believe it, absolutely no trace at all. Maybe I sprayed a newer reformulation than the one your friend got, or maybe my skin just ate it up.
Nov 22, 2009
221 posts
68 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2016 1:14 am
sandlent wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 1:30 pm
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 10:42 am
For anybody looking for a less expensive alternative to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, I came across another tobacco cologne that I like. The brand is called West Third, and the scent is Tobacco 1812. I got it from a store called Philistine in Toronto for 48.00 + tax.

It's not exactly like Tobacco Vanille, but I like it. There's a good tobacco scent, but not as much vanilla to it.

Here's a link to the Philistine website http://philistinetoronto.com/collection ... hird-brand
He sprayed once in either side of his neck and it stayed with him all day. It starts off with a nice strong cigar tobacco like vibe but settles down to a nice vanilla aroma.
I tried Eau Des Baux and sprayed once on either side of my neck; the scent had the Tobacco/Vanilla vibe but it sadly disappeared within 2.5 hours; could not believe it, absolutely no trace at all. Maybe I sprayed a newer reformulation than the one your friend got, or maybe my skin just ate it up.
It all depends on your own body chemistry. He can't smell it on himself but last week when he wore it and I asked him what time did he spray it on, he said around 1 pm. I could still smell it on him around 10 pm at about 3 feet. He only sprayed once on either side of his neck.
Nov 22, 2009
221 posts
68 upvotes
So here's an update regarding my new acquisitions:

Armaf Tres Nuit:. Very smooth and creamy Coolwater but better. I forgot what Green Irish Tweed smelt like but this one smells amazing.

Armaf Tag Him: I don't know what Blue De Chanel smells like but I've heard and read that this one is a clone. Smells amazing as well.

However due to impulsive buying and funds required for an upcoming trip I am gonna sell them at cost.

I really don't want to but I'm gonna enjoy and finish what I have in my collection.

Here's what I have for sale at my cost price:

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense (Aventus Clone) brand new in sealed box =====> $SOLD

Armaf Tres Nuit (Green Irish Tweed clone) sprayed twice =====> SOLD

Armaf Tag Him (Blue De Chanel clone) sprayed twice =====> SOLD

Tom Ford Noir EDT 100 ml sprayed twice =====> $75

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef and Arpels sprayed 5 times smells amazing but wife hates it. =====> $SOLD
Last edited by sandlent on Oct 14th, 2016 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 4, 2014
113 posts
34 upvotes
Pickering, ON
My updated selling list is as follows as well,

- Thierry Mugler A Men Original - 50 ml Brand New - 50$
- Issey Miyake L'eau Dissey - 70% full 75ml - 35$
- Versace the Dreamer - 80% full 50ml - 20$
- Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme - 90% full - 70$
- Prada Amber Pour Homme - 60% full 100 ml - 50$
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
84 posts
34 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Removed due to lack of interest.
Last edited by overclock on Oct 18th, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10708 posts
1437 upvotes
City of Vancouver
BlackChiney8 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2016 7:28 am
...What are your guys/girls opinions on gender roles and types of scents? Mostly all scents are marketed toward either men or women, some go the unisex route, but most will market and sell to a particular gender based on what's "appropriate" for a man or woman to be wearing...
A lot of people's noses can identify scents. So, if someone knows you r wearing a chick fragrance, be prepared for the consequences.
Dec 4, 2014
113 posts
34 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Becks wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 4:21 pm
BlackChiney8 wrote:
...What are your guys/girls opinions on gender roles and types of scents? Mostly all scents are marketed toward either men or women, some go the unisex route, but most will market and sell to a particular gender based on what's "appropriate" for a man or woman to be wearing...
A lot of people's noses can identify scents. So, if someone knows you r wearing a chick fragrance, be prepared for the consequences.
You may win most idiotic post of the year. "A lot of people's noses can identify scents". Really huh? I didn't know that the nose had the function of smell. Also, some men's fragrances can come across as "chick fragrances" so your point is irrelevant.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
84 posts
34 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I've got a 100ml bottle of Paco Rabanne Invictus that I'm offering for $70, shipped anywhere in Canada. Sprayed only a couple of times, so is 97%+ full. PM if interested. Also willing to entertain frag trades for it.
Jul 20, 2007
939 posts
120 upvotes
What frags can you guys recommend that have a solid boozy vibe (ie. whiskey/rum) suitable for the cold weather?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1977 posts
96 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 4:21 pm
BlackChiney8 wrote:
lmao just keep it smooth. I don't think the average person will care to tell you, but they will remember you.
Dec 4, 2014
113 posts
34 upvotes
Pickering, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 6:38 pm
What frags can you guys recommend that have a solid boozy vibe (ie. whiskey/rum) suitable for the cold weather?
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt. Please take my advice. lol
Jan 8, 2015
180 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 6:38 pm
West Third Brand "Old Bourbon" is pretty good. Did you ever try the 1812 tobacco?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
84 posts
34 upvotes
BURLINGTON
For anyone interested, I now have 5ml decant sprayers to go along with the 10ml ones. I have updated my inventory over here as well. Happy fraging!
Aug 25, 2008
511 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
I have a few unopened Diesel, Polo, YSL and Armani bottles, looking to trade for Dior's Sauvage. Anyone interested?