None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 12:13 pm
Talk about FM's manual adjust price.

Current silver spot USD$18.24 ( Apmex's price )

FM's selling price on 1oz silver round is still USD$18.50. https://www.store.firstmajestic.com

Credit card price.
Just placed orders from First Majestic for USD$18.50/oz on Kilo using my credit card ( same price as cash )

Can not believe FM is selling USD$18.50/oz while current spot is USD$18.48 ( Apmex's )
Jan 9, 2013
95 posts
10 upvotes
Just walked out of the bank mad as hell!
Wanted to wire some money to B.C.
and they gave me such are hard time.
I ended up just walking out.
Wanted to know where i got the money.
what its for, what kind of bill that i'm paying.
Then they said that they need to know there customer.
Tell me something do you guys know your teller other than there name?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9911 posts
873 upvotes
Markham
justsilver wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 9:09 am
Just placed orders from First Majestic for USD$18.50/oz on Kilo using my credit card ( same price as cash )

Can not believe FM is selling USD$18.50/oz while current spot is USD$18.48 ( Apmex's )
Lol....you must have tipped FM off

$19 now.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
diehard2k9 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:42 am
Just walked out of the bank mad as hell!
Wanted to wire some money to B.C.
and they gave me such are hard time.
I ended up just walking out.
Wanted to know where i got the money.
what its for, what kind of bill that i'm paying.
Then they said that they need to know there customer.
Tell me something do you guys know your teller other than there name?
I am TD's customer.

Staffs were asking me all sort of questions all the time.

Where does this checking coming from?
Why wire to this company?
Etc.

Strange to me......
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:44 am
Lol....you must have tipped FM off

$19 now.
Wow,

USD$19/oz now.

I guess FM's staff is in office now so they just manually adjusted the selling price.

lol.

p.s. I am glad that I bought at $18.50
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9911 posts
873 upvotes
Markham
justsilver wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:56 am
Wow,

USD$19/oz now.

I guess FM's staff is in office now so they just manually adjusted the selling price.

lol.

p.s. I am glad that I bought at $18.50
Yeah too bad...I was just about to order another Kilo loaf.
Feb 8, 2017
68 posts
5 upvotes
Good deal, thanks justsilver!

I wonder why FM is not considered recognized? They seem to have lots of stuff and been around awhile.

The other day silvergoldbull.com had the 10oz Silver Shield Jesus Clears the Temple Bars for $255 with the 10% off Silver Shield promo. That brought the price down to $229.50, a tad under spot. Didn't bite cause I don't like unrecognized stuff.

Sale is still on but the jacked up the price. Still cheaper than most 10oz bars.

https://silvergoldbull.ca/10-oz-jesus-c ... silver-bar
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
bloodrush89 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 12:18 pm
Good deal, thanks justsilver!

I wonder why FM is not considered recognized? They seem to have lots of stuff and been around awhile.
You are welcome, bloodrush.

Only major bullion brands are considered " recognized ", such as RCM, JM, Engelhars, Perth Mint, etc.
Dec 23, 2015
80 posts
44 upvotes
bloodrush89 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 12:18 pm

The other day silvergoldbull.com had the 10oz Silver Shield Jesus Clears the Temple Bars for $255 with the 10% off Silver Shield promo. That brought the price down to $229.50, a tad under spot. Didn't bite cause I don't like unrecognized stuff.

Sale is still on but the jacked up the price. Still cheaper than most 10oz bars.

https://silvergoldbull.ca/10-oz-jesus-c ... silver-bar
What was the silver shield promo ? I'm on their mailing list but never received any info on this sale. I would have gladly picked some up. Silver is silver.

From an purely investment standpoint I don't understand why people would pay premiums on bars. I would only trade 1oz rounds for bars if I were receiving a premium.
Larger bars aren't as liquid and often sell at a discount unless you can find a "collector" who is willing to pay more, whereas 1oz bars or rounds and often bring a small premium to spot.
I understand that collectors are more concerned with aesthetic value and I can appreciate that. I like nice things too (and I do on occasion pay a bit more for stuff I like)
but I try to keep my emotions in check when making larger purchases.
Feb 8, 2017
68 posts
5 upvotes
Deal is still on. 10% off all Silver Shield products (added when you place in cart). But it looks like they increased the prices of some items that were being sold at near spot.

https://silvergoldbull.ca/silver-shield

That's why I like Engelhard products. Since they dont make them anymore you know the only way they can go is up. There are lots of Engelhard products that are getting way over spot on eBay. I bought my 100oz bars at regular spot plus $1-2 back in 2011 and they are going for 1.5x spot now and there have been instances where 1 or 2oz silver bars are getting $2500/oz. I guess I got lucky with those. But i know for sure the other brands will only be around spot since they are still mass produced.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4641 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
I gotta say, I am quite impress with TBP service. This is the second time I've ordered from them and item shipped out right away and receive almost a day or 2 after payment
Jul 28, 2008
279 posts
54 upvotes
I posted it in the numismatic section as well, Only 2 hours left
Ebay.com has a promo.

Coupon: $10 USD off purchases of $50+ USD

How to redeem your Coupon:

Shop for eligible items (see below for exclusions)
Pay for your item with PayPal by 9PM Eastern Time on February 24, 2017
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: CFEBFLASH10OFF

Coins are excluded but sometimes they are listed in other sections like collectables. I purchased 2 coins from this section and got the $10 USD discount when checking out with paypal.. Like this lot for example http://www.ebay.ca/itm/122370689819?ssP ... 1555.l2649
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1105 posts
106 upvotes
Lostwords wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 6:38 pm
I gotta say, I am quite impress with TBP service. This is the second time I've ordered from them and item shipped out right away and receive almost a day or 2 after payment
Did you order the gold at spot special?
Feb 8, 2017
68 posts
5 upvotes
Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from the States online or in the States and carried across the border. If I want to buy bullion, lets say 1oz of gold for about $1750 CND, will i get charged tariffs/duties when i get my items or are they exempt?

I don't want to pay 12% tariff on bullion for obvious reasons.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
bloodrush89 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:29 pm
Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from the States online or in the States and carried across the border. If I want to buy bullion, lets say 1oz of gold for about $1750 CND, will i get charged tariffs/duties when i get my items or are they exempt?

I don't want to pay 12% tariff on bullion for obvious reasons.
Many here including myself have ordered from the States and other countries without incident. The odd time you do get charged tax when it shows up, however, the process for receiving a refund from CBS is straight forward and you receive a refund cheque a few weeks later. Keep in mind the product that you order, be it silver or gold has to be pure to be tax free.