The RFD Gold & Silver Coins/Bullion/Precious metals thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 5:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 9, 2013
94 posts
8 upvotes
Well I got some bitcoin and the it dropped and I traded for a loss because the SEC ruled no to a ETF on bitcoin. I thought that was an amazing news for it. but others did not and started sell. No ETF meaning no forcing the price down like they are dong to gold and silver, so better for it. I got out of it for now and made my money back and more with Ether and it is going real good. Will hold onto that one for awhile since there is like three kind of news coming out for it. That should make the price go up. I finally got my money from the bank and will be getting more silver on the weekend.
1) 10 oz silver maple leaf
2) 2 oz Queens beast dragon those two look real nice. anything else out there i should be look at?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1006 posts
85 upvotes
I'm looking for 1 oz Engelhard silver bars. Let me know if anyone has any for sale. Thanks!
Mar 10, 2017
43 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Newbie - First order report:

Just received my first PM order and I am pleased to report it was an excellent transaction. I'm in the GTA but placed an online order with silvergoldbull.ca (Calgary) because I wished to purchase in USD from my PayPal balance. In addition to an attractive price (not the best, but very close), they price and allow payment in both USD and CAD at par, and my order qualified for free shipping. The order was placed late Friday afternoon, shipped yesterday and arrived today (Tuesday) before noon. It was triple wrapped and in perfect condition.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9173 posts
542 upvotes
Better day for physical than miners.....They are getting crushed
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9173 posts
542 upvotes
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 3:39 pm
I'm down across the board except a couple of my REITs.
More or less the same...had a couple others that did okay but an ugly day. We'll see what the potential rate hike brings to the markets tomorrow. Could be another bad one for gold.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1750 posts
316 upvotes
Whitby
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 7:42 pm
Does anybody know who makes these bars? http://www.ebay.com/p/5-oz-Silver-Bar-B ... /217327403 I think somebody here had one before. They are really something and very unique. Nothing like it anywhere. It is like an Engelhard poured bar carved into art
I posted one a while back (the owl maiden) They are poured by Bison Bullion. TGB is selling them now.
Feb 8, 2017
44 posts
3 upvotes
Wow, was just on chat with Bullion People and their service was very poor. Prices on items I was looking for was higher than anywhere else and when I asked if prices were firm I got an all CAP reply lol. Wasn't like I was lowballing, they wanted $8/oz premium and I offered $7/oz. I don't know if negotiating is the norm elsewhere but I am able to do it all the time in Vancouver. Does not seem very professional.
Dec 23, 2015
16 posts
5 upvotes
bloodrush89 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 8:32 pm
Wow, was just on chat with Bullion People and their service was very poor. Prices on items I was looking for was higher than anywhere else and when I asked if prices were firm I got an all CAP reply lol. Wasn't like I was lowballing, they wanted $8/oz premium and I offered $7/oz. I don't know if negotiating is the norm elsewhere but I am able to do it all the time in Vancouver. Does not seem very professional.
You were asking for a reduction of over 3% on the total cost. If you were to go to any other dealer at random you will find that this is the kind of discount you may receive if you were to make an order of 500 oz or roughly $12,500. It is also comparable to the premium you would pay for a credit card purchase as opposed to the cash price. Try negotiating the same cash price when using CC at a dealer that will accept them and see if you get a similar response or not. If you take yourself out of the picture and take a step back you may see that the chuckles may have been warranted, however unprofessional you think they may have been.

I guess I haven't been looking to purchase high premium items from them as I have always found their prices to be the best and their service has been comparably good all things considered. The standard for service in this industry is surprisingly low but my personal experience is that the level of service in every sector in this country has been on the decline for a long time now. If I compare my experiences with any banks I've dealt with lately I would have to admit that the PM dealers are more or less on par or better when it comes to service.
Last edited by 6060842 on Mar 15th, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2015
16 posts
5 upvotes
mansun1976 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:58 am
APMEX now has the Cayman Islands Marlin bullion:
There is also a new Tokelau bullion (250k mintage), continuing with the "fish" theme:
Nice fish. I hesitate to order from US dealers as most won't ship to Canada. I haven't gotten quotes on shipping from Ampex either. What are their shipping rates like ? I am also concerned that I will get dinged for duties and then it will be a hassle to get refunded. Currency conversion just adds to the cost too. Can anyone share their experiences ordering from Ampex or other US dealers?
Feb 28, 2012
460 posts
239 upvotes
Edmonton
bloodrush89 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 8:32 pm
How much was your total order? How much have you ordered from them in the past? If its not a significant amount, why would you expect a deal?
FS: Star Trek Transporter 2 coin set "Kirk"
FS: Flaming Maple
Feb 8, 2017
44 posts
3 upvotes
chiro1974 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:30 am
How much was your total order? How much have you ordered from them in the past? If its not a significant amount, why would you expect a deal?
I prefer not to answer the amount, but this would have been my first order with them.

Either way, I have found another place to purchase from and the staff there are a lot friendlier. Made a big purchase with them last week and told them what I was still looking for and they mailed me back this morning when they got it in stock. I guess first impressions matter, will likely deal with this dealer from now.

As a business person, I understand that it may be frustrating when customers try to negotiate, but that's part of the process. I was just unhappy with the angry - all cap - reply I got. A more professional "Sorry, our prices are firm" would have done. They lost a potential customer.
Dec 30, 1969
175 posts
22 upvotes
Westmount, QC
What will you buy if you want to buy 1 oz gold :

- 1 oz gold bar RCM 1655 CAD (when you sell to dealers they will give spot, best option ?)
- 1 oz gold kangarro 2017 1672 CAD (when you want to sell no much lovers, so it will go for spot to a dealer ?)
- 1 oz gold griffin or dragon of wales 1694 CAD (to continue the collection as I have already the lion, but it will cost 20k for the 12 animals, better to stay with 1/4 oz for the collection about 6 k)
- 1 oz gold lion 1710 CAD the most expensive (add more lions and speculate that the first coin will increase like the wolf. But when it comes to selling if its not ebay where to find this collector that will pay the extra premium and how much time it will take ? And its too sad to go to a dealer for spot ?)

Thanks for you answears !
for sale : koala 2011, panda 2015 & monkey 2016 (39 CAD each) + shipping
kookaburra 2013, 2014, 2015 & koala 2012 (36 CAD each) + shipping
Many other bullion coins (pandas,kooks, lunars,....) and bars contact if you want the link
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel