• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 9:17 am
Tags:
None
Mar 10, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Just a blip in the grand scheme of things, but as a newbie, it's nice to get a few sizable orders in ahead of this jump! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
diehard2k9 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:37 pm
that is so funny! Last time there was a rate hike silver dropped over $1. This time its up
Actually, in the weeks following the last two rate hikes, PMs went on a tear.

Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
Silvercoin wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 12:16 pm
What will you buy if you want to buy 1 oz gold :

- 1 oz gold bar RCM 1655 CAD (when you sell to dealers they will give spot, best option ?)
- 1 oz gold kangarro 2017 1672 CAD (when you want to sell no much lovers, so it will go for spot to a dealer ?)
- 1 oz gold griffin or dragon of wales 1694 CAD (to continue the collection as I have already the lion, but it will cost 20k for the 12 animals, better to stay with 1/4 oz for the collection about 6 k)
- 1 oz gold lion 1710 CAD the most expensive (add more lions and speculate that the first coin will increase like the wolf. But when it comes to selling if its not ebay where to find this collector that will pay the extra premium and how much time it will take ? And its too sad to go to a dealer for spot ?)

Thanks for you answears !
For sure the lion. First coin in the series. Nicest coin of series. Almost no dealer has it. Everybody wants it.
Jan 9, 2013
95 posts
10 upvotes
kryton619 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:06 pm
Actually, in the weeks following the last two rate hikes, PMs went on a tear.

Yes i know that I wanted to buy but had no money then. I saw an over $1 drop but you are right that it rebounded great. I was hoping for a drop like that again cause I was close to buying.
I wont be buying this weekend like i wanted. IT SUX I'M Going to miss all the moves!
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
After you do your first order with the Bullion People, they do same day shipping. I think Lostwords was saying he ordered a 1 oz gold bar and received it the very next day, like less than 24 hours.
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
diehard2k9 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:08 pm
Yes i know that I wanted to buy but had no money then. I saw an over $1 drop but you are right that it rebounded great. I was hoping for a drop like that again cause I was close to buying.
I wont be buying this weekend like i wanted. IT SUX I'M Going to miss all the moves!
When I saw metals go down, I thought for sure the Fed declared no interest rate hike. Kryton can you please let us know why metals went up and USD down after the fed decision? We all think it is backwards.
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
Silvercoin wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:31 pm
I was a little slow in my clicks on SGB web site. After the fed rate hike. Spot went 1600 at sgb, 1620 Tbp and 1640 at Tgb. Now all at 1620 !
Thats so funny. According to a 24 hour gold CAD chart, silver low was 1612 and high 1625 today.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1700 posts
363 upvotes
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:59 pm
For sure the lion. First coin in the series. Nicest coin of series. Almost no dealer has it. Everybody wants it.
I know you're talking about gold lion but this is a fairly attractive price on tube of silver lion. Shipping to Canada is 39USD

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2016-gre ... 41713.html

Equates to about 66.60 CAD per coin shipped (CC price)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:12 pm
When I saw metals go down, I thought for sure the Fed declared no interest rate hike. Kryton can you please let us know why metals went up and USD down after the fed decision? We all think it is backwards.
If the bullion banks are not stepping on gold, the price of gold follows the USD/JPY almost perfectly. The algos are programmed to sell gold when the Japanese Yen strengthens and buy gold when the USD strengthens against the Yen. After today's announcement the Yen dropped vs the dollar. You can see it here https://www.investing.com/currencies/usd-jpy That automatically kicked the computers into buy mode and gold rises. I first mentioned this here on the forum a few years back and nothing has changed. You can lay a gold chart over top of a USD/JPY chart and they match up.

We can no longer look at markets the way we learned in school.....they are now all manipulated.
Mar 10, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:09 pm
After you do your first order with the Bullion People, they do same day shipping. I think Lostwords was saying he ordered a 1 oz gold bar and received it the very next day, like less than 24 hours.
Cool. Just got my shipping notice from Bullion People. Now I'm an established customer! LOL
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15633 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
Just in case you guys were wondering what happened today...the reason PM's went up, and USD went down is there is a gloomier outlook on the economy along with the hike, and its decreased expectations by 1 less rate hike this year than previously expected. Basically investors were hoping for "more" than what was expected, but only "what was expected" came in.
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1700 posts
363 upvotes
Alt1ma wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:28 pm
I am selling some Queen's Beast Lion with original capsules for 60 CAD. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Shipped with tracking, insurance, signature? If so, how many?

I just think sealed tubes of the original lion are bound to rise in premium, especially when all ten designs are out. Surprised you wanna let yours go now...

That coin was about 70CAD May last year CC price . Tad higher atm with capsules costing extra...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9910 posts
872 upvotes
Markham
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:37 pm
Shipped with tracking, insurance, signature? If so, how many?

I just think sealed tubes of the original lion are bound to rise in premium, especially when all ten designs are out. Surprised you wanna let yours go now...

That coin was about 70CAD May last year CC price . Tad higher atm with capsules costing extra...
+1. I bought the Lion for that reason specifically.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:03 pm
Just in case you guys were wondering what happened today...the reason PM's went up, and USD went down is there is a gloomier outlook on the economy along with the hike, and its decreased expectations by 1 less rate hike this year than previously expected. Basically investors were hoping for "more" than what was expected, but only "what was expected" came in.
You really can't lump all the investors together. I would suggest that savers were hoping for more, while stock investors were hoping for less.

The question was asked at the press conference and Yellen avoided the question, why is the Fed raising rates when the fed themselves are predicting a .9% GDP 1st quarter? In January they were predicting that number to be 3.4% ......... https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/researc ... px?panel=1
The rate hike has caused further flattening of the yield curve.

Maybe they know that bad times are ahead and they will need room to move interest rates down.....who knows???? One thing for sure is the Federal Reserve is not some altruistic organization that is looking out for the best interests of the average citizen. It is owned by the member banks and will do what is best for their shareholder members.