Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1105 posts
106 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:37 pm
Shipped with tracking, insurance, signature? If so, how many?

I just think sealed tubes of the original lion are bound to rise in premium, especially when all ten designs are out. Surprised you wanna let yours go now...

That coin was about 70CAD May last year CC price . Tad higher atm with capsules costing extra...
Well if you're in GTA, shipping would be free since I prefer to deal F2F. I also happen to have a tube of those Lions for sale, but Royal Mint never sold any that were "sealed", and I got mine from there. If anyone wants a tube, let me know. Letting go cos I have enough Lions as it is Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
Not only did Yellen avoid the question......she rambled on for a long time, all the while contradicting herself. That reporter will certainly never be allowed to ask a question again.

Aug 2, 2013
404 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:11 am
Nice fish. I hesitate to order from US dealers as most won't ship to Canada. I haven't gotten quotes on shipping from Ampex either. What are their shipping rates like ? I am also concerned that I will get dinged for duties and then it will be a hassle to get refunded. Currency conversion just adds to the cost too. Can anyone share their experiences ordering from Ampex or other US dealers?
Can everybody please share your thoughts on this fish coin series?
Aug 2, 2013
404 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 12:21 pm
For me it would be the RCM bar. If we were talking Silver, I would do the lion, but i think at 20K for a full collection in gold, your market will be more limited to sell later. More generally speaking about PMs, I would rather buy silver right now because of its price relative to gold.
I come accross more people who are willing to pay big bucks for old gold coins than silver. By old I mean old modern coins. For example, lets say pandas from the 80s and 90s. I run into people all the time that are willing to pay big bucks for a panda from the 90s. None so far for old silver pandas. There are thousands of popular silver coins. There are a smaller number of unique gold coin designs. So later on, you will be likely to find people willing to pay far a lot of money for your gold lion, or your gold panda, or your gold mountie and so on. I see gold pandas from the 1990s selling for $2000 CAD, the mountie 5x9 for $2200 and the St George $2700. They are all just 1 oz. Remember, the rich people who have way too much money to spend on overpriced stuff, they are collecting overpriced gold coins more often than silver.
Aug 2, 2013
404 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:03 pm
Just in case you guys were wondering what happened today...the reason PM's went up, and USD went down is there is a gloomier outlook on the economy along with the hike, and its decreased expectations by 1 less rate hike this year than previously expected. Basically investors were hoping for "more" than what was expected, but only "what was expected" came in.
gloomy outlook usually means usd goes up. any hoo i think say the smash down might be a thing of the past and precious metals prices willl fly high
Mar 10, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
kryton619 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:26 pm
If the bullion banks are not stepping on gold, the price of gold follows the USD/JPY almost perfectly. The algos are programmed to sell gold when the Japanese Yen strengthens and buy gold when the USD strengthens against the Yen. After today's announcement the Yen dropped vs the dollar. You can see it here https://www.investing.com/currencies/usd-jpy That automatically kicked the computers into buy mode and gold rises. I first mentioned this here on the forum a few years back and nothing has changed. You can lay a gold chart over top of a USD/JPY chart and they match up.

We can no longer look at markets the way we learned in school.....they are now all manipulated.
What is it about changes USD/JPY ratio that would motivate the manipulation of gold prices?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:03 am
What is it about changes USD/JPY ratio that would motivate the manipulation of gold prices?
It is one of the inputs that the HFT trading computers have embedded in their algorithms. The only time the USD/JPY and gold charts diverge is when there is an intentional beat down by the bullion banks. Those tend to be quite obvious.....it happens when they dump the equivalent of the total world yearly mine supply on the sell side at once. Any real person or organization that was looking to get out of their position would sell out over a period of days so as to realize the best price. When they dump that many sell orders on the Comex at the same time it overwhelms the market and prices cascade down.
Nov 23, 2014
202 posts
24 upvotes
Westmount, QC
silvermirza wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 1:39 am
Can everybody please share your thoughts on this fish coin series?
For me fish has no place in silver coins ! No succes for tokelau tuna ... or guy harvey marlin ...
As I decided to stick with perth and pandas my opinion may be wrong.

For gold at these prices better to save Fiat or buy stocks until it comes back to 1400-1500 cad.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1700 posts
363 upvotes
Alt1ma wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:51 pm
Well if you're in GTA, shipping would be free since I prefer to deal F2F. I also happen to have a tube of those Lions for sale, but Royal Mint never sold any that were "sealed", and I got mine from there. If anyone wants a tube, let me know. Letting go cos I have enough Lions as it is Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
ah, if I was GTA, I'd prob take you up on the offer....but I'm in AB. Good point about the "sealed" thing.

Gosh, if your QB came in capsule from RM, I'd be tempted to send in for grading......capsuled Lions have a chance of not being dinged up; might get lucky with a 70

An MS70 even without ER or FR is startling (both value & demand).....

2hrs left on this beauty http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2016-G-Britain-5 ... Sw4CFYvgmB

In any case, I'm a huge fan of Jody Clark's work and think of the QB series as perhaps the nicest bullion series out there IMHO
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
i appreciate your views on the fish. the gold, i believe is a great time to buy because i think the smash downs are harder to do now.
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
Is the silver buffalo round the most effective way to give the least amount of dollars to get the most amount of 99.9% pure silver?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15633 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:38 pm
Good buy on single 2017 Pandas at Colonial Acres right now (at the time of this post, 33.07 CDN each). Haven't been of buyer of Pandas, but I was buying something else (so no additional shipping cost), so I threw a couple into my cart.

https://www.colonialacres.com/product-p/wbs-f9-dl-l.htm
Seems like a terrible deal to be honest...
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1790 posts
327 upvotes
Whitby
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:47 pm
Is the silver buffalo round the most effective way to give the least amount of dollars to get the most amount of 99.9% pure silver?
They can be good when they go on sale. Many will remember back in 2014 TGB had a special on Buffalos at 99 cents over spot and that night silver got slammed to below $17.00 CDN so the Buffalos were less than $18 CDN. Looking at the TGB site now, I would opt for the CDN 10 oz coins over the Buffalos for the small difference in premium
Feb 21, 2004
858 posts
85 upvotes
Hamilton
kryton619 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:05 pm
They can be good when they go on sale. Many will remember back in 2014 TGB had a special on Buffalos at 99 cents over spot and that night silver got slammed to below $17.00 CDN so the Buffalos were less than $18 CDN.
Good memory! I just checked my records- Nov 30, 2014, Buffalos were $17.8 at TGB, I wish I bought more, but at that time it looked like there is no bottom in sight...