• Apr 28th, 2017 8:47 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 21, 2004
849 posts
73 upvotes
kryton619 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:05 pm
They can be good when they go on sale. Many will remember back in 2014 TGB had a special on Buffalos at 99 cents over spot and that night silver got slammed to below $17.00 CDN so the Buffalos were less than $18 CDN.
Good memory! I just checked my records- Nov 30, 2014, Buffalos were $17.8 at TGB, I wish I bought more, but at that time it looked like there is no bottom in sight...
Dec 23, 2015
16 posts
5 upvotes
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:47 pm
Is the silver buffalo round the most effective way to give the least amount of dollars to get the most amount of 99.9% pure silver?
Probably not , larger bars ( ie.100 oz ) cost less to manufacture and usually carry the lowest premiums. They could be a bit tougher to find a buyer if you want to sell privately though.
Mar 10, 2017
43 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:02 pm
Seems like a terrible deal to be honest...
Okay. I'll bite. Where can I pick up a single Panda locally for less? I'm a newbie, do educate me!
Jul 5, 2012
445 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
Hello....

I would like to sell 2013 Maples tube (25 coins) for 640.00 Shipped. - 3 tubes available. Please PM me.

Thanks,
Oct 16, 2015
179 posts
31 upvotes
North York, ON
6060842 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:24 am
Probably not , larger bars ( ie.100 oz ) cost less to manufacture and usually carry the lowest premiums. They could be a bit tougher to find a buyer if you want to sell privately though.
What if they were the same price? Then would you go for a buffalo round or a 100 oz bar?
Oct 16, 2015
179 posts
31 upvotes
North York, ON
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:12 am
Okay. I'll bite. Where can I pick up a single Panda locally for less? I'm a newbie, do educate me!
deal_with_singh could sell you Pandas for less! Also, we all buy our Pandas from Toronto Gold Bullion every year when they have a Panda special at Christmas. It is a Christmas tradition. By far the best price. If you call them and tell them you missed it, they might hook you up. Tell them you are from Red Flag Deals and they will probably do anything you ask.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15493 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:12 am
I used to do group buys up until last year to get the better pricing, but you should still be able to do better through places like Toronto Gold Bullion, or Silver Gold Bull. People in here have mentioned The Bullion People but I have no experience with them.

You should've been able to save at least $2-3 per coin over the price you paid to Colonial.
Dutchycup wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:11 pm
deal_with_singh could sell you Pandas for less! Also, we all buy our Pandas from Toronto Gold Bullion every year when they have a Panda special at Christmas. It is a Christmas tradition. By far the best price. If you call them and tell them you missed it, they might hook you up. Tell them you are from Red Flag Deals and they will probably do anything you ask.
Haha, older Pandas, sure, haven't bought any 2017s :) Budgets are going to be tight this year!
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5134 posts
561 upvotes
Mississauga
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 3:26 pm
I used to do group buys up until last year to get the better pricing, but you should still be able to do better through places like Toronto Gold Bullion, or Silver Gold Bull. People in here have mentioned The Bullion People but I have no experience with them.

You should've been able to save at least $2-3 per coin over the price you paid to Colonial.

Haha, older Pandas, sure, haven't bought any 2017s :) Budgets are going to be tight this year!
Sell the Tesla. Group buys are more important. The car only makes you happy. Group buys make lots of people happy. lol
Mar 10, 2017
43 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 3:26 pm

You'd think that! But in single quantities right now (from web sites):
$34.64 torontogoldbullion
$34.65 silvergoldbull.ca
$37.15 thebullionpeople

$33.10 colonialacres
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15493 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 5:31 pm
You'd think that! But in single quantities right now (from web sites):
$34.64 torontogoldbullion
$34.65 silvergoldbull.ca
$37.15 thebullionpeople

$33.10 colonialacres
Both TGB/SGB PM.

https://sdbullion.com/2017-chinese-silv ... in-30-gram

$23.82 USD on that site for single quantity...~.75 exchange rate = $31.76

But yeah if you're buying in single quantities, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. Most people I think buy in sheets or tubes.
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Mar 10, 2017
43 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Another newbie question: Bank regulations prohibit storing of currency in a Safety Deposit Box, while it's okay to store bullion there AFAIK. Are silver and gold maple leafs considered currency for the purpose of storing in a SDB, or bullion?

------------------------------------------------------------
OT: Is anybody (Canadians) beside me kind of worried about our upcoming Liberal budget w.r.t changes in Capital Gains inclusion rates or Canadian Dividend tax treatment? I'm kind of freaking out. I decided to hedge a portion of my portfolio today with HIX.TO (a TSX 60 Inverse ETF).
Jan 9, 2013
94 posts
8 upvotes
PortCreditGuy wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:36 pm
Another newbie question: Bank regulations prohibit storing of currency in a Safety Deposit Box, while it's okay to store bullion there AFAIK. Are silver and gold maple leafs considered currency for the purpose of storing in a SDB, or bullion?

------------------------------------------------------------
OT: Is anybody (Canadians) beside me kind of worried about our upcoming Liberal budget w.r.t changes in Capital Gains inclusion rates or Canadian Dividend tax treatment? I'm kind of freaking out. I decided to hedge a portion of my portfolio today with HIX.TO (a TSX 60 Inverse ETF).
Okay, but if no one knows what's in your SDB how will the bank? If they can find out what's the worst they can do?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel