• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 1:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1006 posts
85 upvotes
Sounds rather odd if he doesn't want you to test the bars with a magnet. I usually let my buyers do their tests, like measuring dimensions, checking for the weight or even use their Precious Metal Verifier.

And to be honest, cases aren't really meant for bars. They probably make more sense for coins with designs.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1552 posts
286 upvotes
Indy
kryton619 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 12:59 am
It looks like Elemetal is toast. http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content ... emetal.png

I am also hearing that Provident Metals might be in some trouble so you may want to hold off for now if you are considering buying from them.
This will most likely also mean the end to the Privateer series. I was already wondering why there hasn't been another release for some time... Shame, really.
Dec 30, 1969
169 posts
22 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Elemental its the name of old NTR ?
I collect their 10 oz zodiac bars. I was waiting for the rooster one. But saw only the elemental one !
for sale : koala 2011, panda 2015 & monkey 2016 (39 CAD each) + shipping
kookaburra 2013, 2014, 2015 & koala 2012 (36 CAD each) + shipping
Many other bullion coins (pandas,kooks, lunars,....) and bars contact if you want the link
Apr 5, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
mansun1976 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 10:51 am
This will most likely also mean the end to the Privateer series. I was already wondering why there hasn't been another release for some time... Shame, really.
Funny you say that as the designer of the series just shared the new design today ;)

"The White Whale"
Apr 5, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
thesick wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 7:22 am
I'm buying 10oz royal Canadian mint silver bars tmrw off kijjiji, the seller tells me how the bars are in a case that they probably came with. He's super inquisitive if I'm going to take the cases off or not when I said I'm going to the earth magnet test on them.

3 questions

1.Does this sealed case add to the premium I could get down the road for these bars?

2.are they Any other tests I can do as well except the acid test to make sure all the bars are real?

3. What's the weight that should be for each bar?
1. Unlikely. Bullion bars don't tend to hold premiums unless they're vintage. That being said if someone has the choice of the same exact bar sealed vs non-sealed, they'll obviously choose the sealed.

2. Weight and dimensions are the best tests you can do aside from density. From what experts have told me, fakes cannot match the exact dimensions and weight. One will always be off.

3. Exact weight for a 10oz RCM bar (without plastic) is 311.785g. Dimensions 90.0 mm x 51.9 mm x 7.1 mm

By "case" do you mean the mint sealed plastic? If it's a hard case, then that may be a 10oz air-tite container in which case you can just pop the top off. Good luck!
Jul 6, 2009
293 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone have sold their bullion before? Any recommendations on buyers? Preferably in Etobicoke or Mississauga
Aug 2, 2013
365 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Jim Lahey wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:20 pm
Anyone have sold their bullion before? Any recommendations on buyers? Preferably in Etobicoke or Mississauga
So you are named after the drunk guy from trailer park boys right?
Aug 2, 2013
365 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
mansun1976 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:07 am
Moose Privy is now available at JMB:
That doesn't even look like the moose coin from 2013 or whatever.
Aug 2, 2013
365 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
phillysof wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 4:49 pm
1. Unlikely. Bullion bars don't tend to hold premiums unless they're vintage. That being said if someone has the choice of the same exact bar sealed vs non-sealed, they'll obviously choose the sealed.

Dude, don't buy a silver bar from this dude. He either doesn't know what he is doing, or he is trying something funny. Of course he should let you test it. Obviously something is weird if he doesn't like the idea of you testing it. How much is he selling it for?

2. Weight and dimensions are the best tests you can do aside from density. From what experts have told me, fakes cannot match the exact dimensions and weight. One will always be off.

3. Exact weight for a 10oz RCM bar (without plastic) is 311.785g. Dimensions 90.0 mm x 51.9 mm x 7.1 mm

By "case" do you mean the mint sealed plastic? If it's a hard case, then that may be a 10oz air-tite container in which case you can just pop the top off. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1552 posts
286 upvotes
Indy
phillysof wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 4:31 pm
Funny you say that as the designer of the series just shared the new design today ;)

"The White Whale"
Oh, that's good news then!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1552 posts
286 upvotes
Indy
Just saw this more or less by accident:
For now, only available via Goldco. Don't bother calling them for a price. I still remember these kind of dealers from the first Queen's Beasts release... :facepalm:
Mintage of 99k which means it should be available elsewhere later on.
It's essentially the 2009 design:
Dec 30, 1969
169 posts
22 upvotes
Westmount, QC
People like to buy the high prices !
When gold drop by 30 or 40 $ no one buy the coins and bars.
Once it goes up by 30 or 40 $ the coins and bars goes out of stock or more than the half of stock !
for sale : koala 2011, panda 2015 & monkey 2016 (39 CAD each) + shipping
kookaburra 2013, 2014, 2015 & koala 2012 (36 CAD each) + shipping
Many other bullion coins (pandas,kooks, lunars,....) and bars contact if you want the link
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1006 posts
85 upvotes
Jim Lahey wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:20 pm
Try advertising here first, could be some interested buyers. You could also call up some dealers to get a quote before heading down.

Personally I've dealt with some outstanding members here with no problems.
Aug 2, 2013
365 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Would anybody here be interested to order one of these for me because the are plenty more? silver at spot It is an amazing deal but there is a limit of one per person. I tried to get other companies to price match but I was not able to get anybody to do it yet.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel