• Nov 15th, 2017 8:53 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 14, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
PC_YYZ wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:04 pm
Hello, I'm new to investing / collecting PM. I made a purchase on SGB today and excited to receive my order. I'm curious how people typically verify authenticity? How common are counterfeits? I am pretty confident since I'm ordering from SGB, and from what I've read here, they are legit. I'm more nervous about buying off eBay, etc.

Thanks!
As mentioned already, you have little to worry about when dealing with a reputable dealer. However, I'd recommend getting a digital scale so you can weight your own bullion (interesting to see how close they actually are to +/- 1 troy oz). I'd also recommend a nice rare-earth magnet (you can find one inside any old hard drive you want to throw out) to test the bullion to verify its non-magnetic.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4652 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Neptunzz wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 12:49 pm
7,329 mintage for this bullion coin by Pobjoy Mint that infringed on the trademark of "Britannia". Only shipping to US but I know some here have a US PO Box. Order limit of 2 per order. I ordered 2 and think these are a good flip, check ebay prices...

https://newyorkcoinandbullion.com/newes ... truck.html

does not ship to Canada?
Nov 1, 2013
162 posts
30 upvotes
New York Coin & Bullion's home page says no international shipping - I'm in the US and just passing the word. A phone call/email to them about shipping to Canada would give you a definite answer.
Apr 10, 2015
24 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Can anyone here think of a gold coin that would make for a good wedding gift? Preferably wedding or love themed and year 2017? Also trying desperately to keep the size (and therefore cost) around a quarter Oz (400-500$)
Thanks!
Nov 23, 2014
202 posts
24 upvotes
Westmount, QC
GoldPhinger wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:03 am
Can anyone here think of a gold coin that would make for a good wedding gift? Preferably wedding or love themed and year 2017? Also trying desperately to keep the size (and therefore cost) around a quarter Oz (400-500$)
Thanks!
If you want the pamp love bar you can check TGB website ! They have different sizes
But if you want the year and a coin. The only one I see different is the red dragon 1/4 oz or panda 8 gram or elephant 1/4
TGB have them also
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1799 posts
330 upvotes
Whitby
GoldPhinger wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:03 am
Thanks!
Perhaps you may want to pick up this set, and a 1/4 gold coin of your choosing and include it with the set. http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/wedding- ... rod2880030
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7345 posts
6292 upvotes
PC_YYZ wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:04 pm
Hello, I'm new to investing / collecting PM. I made a purchase on SGB today and excited to receive my order. I'm curious how people typically verify authenticity? How common are counterfeits? I am pretty confident since I'm ordering from SGB, and from what I've read here, they are legit. I'm more nervous about buying off eBay, etc.

Thanks!
I personally invested in a Sigma Metalytics Verifier, but that's only for people whom are seriously stacking silver or precious metals, as the unit costs about a grand

Only buy from reputable/established sellers or dealers. If it's too good to be true it probably is, don't expect little to no premium over melt/spot price.
Dec 7, 2006
429 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
VClortho wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:31 pm
As mentioned already, you have little to worry about when dealing with a reputable dealer. However, I'd recommend getting a digital scale so you can weight your own bullion (interesting to see how close they actually are to +/- 1 troy oz). I'd also recommend a nice rare-earth magnet (you can find one inside any old hard drive you want to throw out) to test the bullion to verify its non-magnetic.
Thank you! One of my purchases was a 1Oz gold bar, which came in hard plastic packaging. Is it recommended to take the gold out of the package? If not, is there a standard weight for the packaging to take into account when weighing?
Oct 16, 2015
264 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
There is a Spiderman bullion silver coin that we were talking about previously. I was waiting for the Bullion People to get it since they are the bullion dealer that usually has the best price and this went up in price pretty fast but the Bullion People still dont have it yet. Now I see it is not available at any bullion dealers. Does any body know where I can get it at a good price?
May 21, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Dutchycup wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 11:45 pm
There is a Spiderman bullion silver coin that we were talking about previously. I was waiting for the Bullion People to get it since they are the bullion dealer that usually has the best price and this went up in price pretty fast but the Bullion People still dont have it yet. Now I see it is not available at any bullion dealers. Does any body know where I can get it at a good price?
MCM was just doing a flash sale today for less than $24.95 USD/coin.
2017-08-17_120142.jpg
Oct 16, 2015
264 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
VanCanCollections wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 5:30 pm
MCM was just doing a flash sale today for less than $24.95 USD/coin.

2017-08-17_120142.jpg
Thanks, I think you found it. It is now $29 USD which is $37 CAD and that is still a great price.

Has anybody dealt with this dealer before?
Nov 23, 2014
202 posts
24 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Dutchycup wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 10:42 pm
Thanks, I think you found it. It is now $29 USD which is $37 CAD and that is still a great price.

Has anybody dealt with this dealer before?
TGB have it for pre order. But their website has a problem you have to wait until they fix it.
Silver is 21,37 gold 1616 CAD but their website is blocked on 21,79 for silver and 1644 for gold.
If you buy it now you will pay 42 cts more for each coin !
Aug 2, 2013
408 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
What is the idea behind buying silver maples for example vs silver rounds? Which is better and should you have both? I think you save like $1 when you buy a silver round. That's like $500 in a monster box right? Then again maples are official and recognized everywhere. What is an rfd'er to do?

Then, what about bars? At what point does it become too big? What is the right size to get both the best net between buy price and resale price? Like, I know nobody buys 1,000 oz bars anymore but my buddies grandpa had a bunch of 1000 oz bars he bought back in the day and converted to rounds very recently. So in his day 1000 oz bars were normal. Now silver price is moving up every decade (though we don't notice because we are watching day to day) so even 100s seem a bit big. But what's the right size? Kg or 10 oz?
Nov 23, 2014
202 posts
24 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Silvercoin wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 7:11 pm
TGB have it for pre order. But their website has a problem you have to wait until they fix it.
Silver is 21,37 gold 1616 CAD but their website is blocked on 21,79 for silver and 1644 for gold.
If you buy it now you will pay 42 cts more for each coin !
They fix the problem of spot now there's another probleme of some premium some stuff that I have in my cart went from 192 to 205 !!!!