None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1802 posts
331 upvotes
Whitby
Dutchycup wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 7:02 pm
Is it already that time of year? This usually happens in the winter or right before Christmas no?
It was very close to Christmas last year......so by starting the pre orders earlier, anyone who is buying them to give away as gifts will have them in time.
Dec 3, 2003
240 posts
73 upvotes
Alberta
Just wondering for those of us that have purchased coins like Kookaburra's, Panda's, even SML's etc, and when it comes time to sell, are we getting just spot even though a premium was paid?
Has anyone recently sold any of the above?
Thanks
Oct 16, 2015
267 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
gordi777 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:57 pm
Just wondering for those of us that have purchased coins like Kookaburra's, Panda's, even SML's etc, and when it comes time to sell, are we getting just spot even though a premium was paid?
Thanks
No way, you get more for all of them. Previous year Kookaburra from previous decades, I would personally pay somebody $30 if it is a year I needed. Previous year Pandas sell for like $50 sometimes, I would pay like $30 if it is a year I need. SML from previous years, if you take it to certain dealers, they will give you more than spot for it.
Aug 2, 2013
411 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
gordi777 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:57 pm
Thanks
These particular coins you mentioned will get you more than spot. Also handpoured engehards will get you more than spot. Also many other high premium coins will get you more than spot. Perth lunar will get you more than spot for any year. A lot of the first series of Canadian wildlife series like wolf and grizzly will get you more than spot.
Oct 16, 2015
267 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
Yeah like certain items wont get you spot but the ones you mentioned will totally get you a premium. In a silver shortage, everything will get you spot.
Dec 3, 2003
240 posts
73 upvotes
Alberta
silvermirza wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:48 am
These particular coins you mentioned will get you more than spot. Also handpoured engehards will get you more than spot. Also many other high premium coins will get you more than spot. Perth lunar will get you more than spot for any year. A lot of the first series of Canadian wildlife series like wolf and grizzly will get you more than spot.
For the Kookaburra's and SML's that were purchased through TGB/SGB, would they buy them back for a premium over spot?
As for the $20 for $20 coins, where would I go to get more than spot.
Thank-you to all that responded
Aug 2, 2013
411 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
gordi777 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:38 pm
For the Kookaburra's and SML's that were purchased through TGB/SGB, would they buy them back for a premium over spot?
As for the $20 for $20 coins, where would I go to get more than spot.
Thank-you to all that responded
Those 20 for 20 coins at spot is like six bucks. But you can get more than spot for those. You get like 20 bucks for them if you take them to certain bank branches. That’s the whole point of 20 for 20. They’re basically a pretty safe item to buy as long as the banks keep buying them back for 20
Aug 2, 2013
411 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
There any discounts on anything anywhere. spots in a good place now
Oct 19, 2016
397 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Which is better for long term storage/investment ?

Gold bars OR Gold coins ?
Mar 27, 2010
305 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I have a 1985 Canadian $100 22k gold coin. Am I looking at just getting meltdown value from a dealer? Considering selling.

All local (GTA) gold shops seem to be equally reputable according to reviews. Any particular ones you guys would recommend?
///
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4009 posts
675 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Stn wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:23 am
I have a 1985 Canadian $100 22k gold coin. Am I looking at just getting meltdown value from a dealer? Considering selling.

All local (GTA) gold shops seem to be equally reputable according to reviews. Any particular ones you guys would recommend?
Look on ebay for the exact same coin and see if it
1.) has any history of it being sold
2.) is being sold at a price you're comfortable with

If the coin isn't in demand, chances are you're only going to get the metal value for it.
Aug 2, 2013
411 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto

Thank you kryton, this is an excellent deal for Gold. You never cease to impress me. It has been a while since you showed us a chart. Can you please put up a chart of technical analysis as well? I am really curious to see where the price is going, and whether it will get even better.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1802 posts
331 upvotes
Whitby
silvermirza wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:28 am
Thank you kryton, this is an excellent deal for Gold. You never cease to impress me. It has been a while since you showed us a chart. Can you please put up a chart of technical analysis as well? I am really curious to see where the price is going, and whether it will get even better.
This silver chart shows the uptrend since July along with the 200 day moving average (DMA). I guess it is a question of if price will break the trend and head lower, or will it perhaps break through the 200 DMA and ride above the line? It really depends on what the bullion banks want it to do. There is a lot of geopolitical turmoil which should be good for the metals..... but in this era of HFT algos buying and selling based on inputs the trading machines are receiving, it is easy for the banks to move the price without actually buying and selling the actual metals, or even paper metal.

The whole pricing mechanism for silver and gold is a scam........I hope it breaks above the 200 dma....but I guess we will see....