The RFD Gold & Silver Coins/Bullion/Precious metals thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2024 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 7, 2011
71 posts
19 upvotes
I called TGB, but they don't take orders over phone.. only option is to go to their store and order... :(
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
Iccs11 wrote: For Moose Scotia has the best price $26.62 now
Scotia would be approximately $27.50 with admin fee plus shipping...

And I think if you pick up in branch admin fee is less, close to 1% - $26.95

I just got home and running some estimates...from the close it looks like $26.75 would be the price. (Just trying to source cheap USD!!!)
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Apr 18, 2013
154 posts
18 upvotes
IIRC, the admin fee at a Scotiabank consignment branch is a flat $10 regardless of quantity, but if you pay in $CAD they convert to $USD for 2.5% + $5 on the exchange.

So yeah, fees upon fees. Even in-branch it's only worth it for larger quantities.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
deal_with_singh wrote: Scotia would be approximately $27.50 with admin fee plus shipping...

And I think if you pick up in branch admin fee is less, close to 1% - $26.95

I just got home and running some estimates...from the close it looks like $26.75 would be the price. (Just trying to source cheap USD!!!)

Still crunching the number??
sign by: someone
Jun 21, 2005
366 posts
167 upvotes
Just my luck. I buy last night, and silver drops over $1 today. At least it was only a small order. I should probably buy more this weekend to make myself feel better.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Silverbullet wrote: Just my luck. I buy last night, and silver drops over $1 today. At least it was only a small order. I should probably buy more this weekend to make myself feel better.
that's the spirit!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
taro-chan wrote: that's the spirit!
Have you looks at the local lately?? too bad I am not big on SML
sign by: someone
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Lostwords wrote: Have you looks at the local lately?? too bad I am not big on SML
your prices are too inflated. I ain't buyin' from you!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry guys out with friends will get back with exact numbers. Cost is about 1% higher, trying to see if I can buy usd at par and well save 1% more than the $26.75 price. If we wait till Monday I can do norbitt Gambitt and get it at par that way
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
taro-chan wrote: Kitco is 26.7973 shipped...
Don't know if I should or am supposed to mention this, but Kitco's actually my supplier in this instance...however on a wholesale level...So pricing will be a little cheaper than the posted rates, but not by much...

It's not the same department as the Kitco everyone uses, but basically they have their minimum orders and one of the requirements I hate is the fact that you must pay in USD....or get a crappy exchange rate.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
MOOSE GB NOW ACTIVE

So sourced my USD at PAR/slightly better than par ;) ....

And after including shipping/exchange/everything...

All in price is roughly $4.40 (well just under, but I like to keep it a round number ;) ) over spot CAD. Which works out to $665 per tube.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2012-can ... n-1347533/
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
Anyone ever heard of investing into the making/purchase of silver instead of the silver itself? Was recently offered the opportunity to do so, don't know too much about the subject.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4463 posts
631 upvotes
Deal With Singh,

Are you going to organize NWT Silver Bullet GB soon? Please count me in.

Thank you.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dtm252535 wrote: Anyone ever heard of investing into the making/purchase of silver instead of the silver itself? Was recently offered the opportunity to do so, don't know too much about the subject.
Isn't that just buying silver miners?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
xenonk wrote: IIRC, the admin fee at a Scotiabank consignment branch is a flat $10 regardless of quantity, but if you pay in $CAD they convert to $USD for 2.5% + $5 on the exchange.

So yeah, fees upon fees. Even in-branch it's only worth it for larger quantities.

A few weeks ago I bought tubes of moose from the Toronto main branch and only paid $5US admin fee on the total amount. Did they raise it up to $10?

I paid in US$ , because the convertion rate from US to CAN was expensive. It's better to get your $US dollars from another bank then use scotia exchange rate.

The only issue dealing with cash, is you are limited to $3000 per transaction per day. If you want to purcahse more, you either have a scotia account or wire transfer the money.
Dec 26, 2012
294 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
justsilver wrote: Deal With Singh,

Are you going to organize NWT Silver Bullet GB soon? Please count me in.

Thank you.
i would like to be in for NWT silver bullet if 1/4 oz and 5 oz sizes are available. as I all ready have the 1,2,10,25 oz ones.
Apr 18, 2013
154 posts
18 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: A few weeks ago I bought tubes of moose from the Toronto main branch and only paid $5US admin fee on the total amount. Did they raise it up to $10?
I don't think so. The last time I bought with $CAD was more than a few weeks ago. Let's see if I can find that receipt...

Yes, here we go:
$9.50 Forwarding Charge (coin/bullion only)
$5 Commission

Hmm... I know if you just walk in and buy US bank notes as a non account holder they charge you $5 on top of their 2.5%, but now I wonder about that forwarding charge. It was the main branch downtown in Ottawa and an official consignment branch so I wonder where exactly they think they were forwarding from considering that the guy on the other side of the glass pulled my tubes, made at the mint right down the street, right out of a cabinet beside himself.

There's an Accu-Rate practically next door in the World Exchange Plaza if people are in Ottawa and would prefer to get their $USD that way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)