Group Buys

RFD LOTTO POOL! Come join the biggest lotto pool on RFD that almost won the jackpot! V.107 Lottomax $60,000,000!

Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1692 posts
765 upvotes
Ottawa
It's been fun folks. Time to wait for the next big jackpot.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38915 posts
3360 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Version 90, 95, 96, 97, 98 updates
Version 90 did not win anything. No further roll overs

Version 95 is the underdog here. It only had 1 remaining free play that got rolled over... and it actually won $20 + 1 free play!

Version 96 won 1 free play

Version 97 won $80 + 16 free plays

Version 98 won $667 + 111 free plays

https://uplottopool.blogspot.com/2018/0 ... dates.html
And there they are! For some reason my OLG scanner app stopped working.
So I went to the corner store. Then I got distracted b/c its in the same mall as my gym... So I did a bit of weight lifting even though its my off day.
May 18, 2018
27 posts
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 12:38 pm
So I went to the corner store. Then I got distracted b/c its in the same mall as my gym... So I did a bit of weight lifting even though its my off day.
so by how many numbers we missed the jackpot this time ;)
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2009
1979 posts
369 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 12:38 pm
The reason why your app stops working is because there is a limit on scanning.. I'm not sure how many exactly though...

However I did notice it was based on IP address... If I was on my wifi... and I started getting errors while scanning, I turned it off and switched to LTE... then it started letting me scan the remainder
Feb 18, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
UrbanPoet wrote:And there they are!...
Thanks for all the work you've put into this! You keep it fun and engaging - and especially these last few (with HUGE buy-in) I want you to know as much as it's a mostly thankless job, I'm happy to have someone with your energy doing it!
SalmanK60857 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 1:57 pm

Glad to have new players! But if that's sarcasm, leave it at the door. It's a lottery, we're here to have fun, and especially the person organizing it has to deal with all the nonsense that goes along with it. Not like any of you are paying him a commission.

Looking forward to more of this everyone!! The thrill of the last couple was undeniable, and it's exciting to be a part of!
May 18, 2018
27 posts
outinbc wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 8:47 pm
Glad to have new players! But if that's sarcasm, leave it at the door. It's a lottery, we're here to have fun, and especially the person organizing it has to deal with all the nonsense that goes along with it. Not like any of you are paying him a commission.

Looking forward to more of this everyone!! The thrill of the last couple was undeniable, and it's exciting to be a part of!
Oh no man it wasn't a sarcasm ..... i really appreciate his efforts time and energy .... But knowing what was our max surely infuse the energy .....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38915 posts
3360 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Chrno wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:53 am
It's been fun folks. Time to wait for the next big jackpot.
Haha yes indeed! I plan to start up this thing i used to do called the 'subscription pool'. Its where you chip is to get 4 weeks in a row and play in all the 649 games.
Why do i do this? I already play 649 every week... and I don't mind sharing the pot with a bunch of other people because its fun to do so, and also increases the odds!
Yeah the minimum jackpot is only $3,500,000... but I remember when I did it , we only had about 30 ish shares every 4 weeks. Even with a minimum jackpot that's still $116,000!

Stay tuned. I'm going to take a little break, and start it up in a week or 2.

SalmanK60857 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 1:57 pm
Just two short of the jackpot... again... we keep coming close but never get it!!! what are the odds of that? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

outinbc wrote:
Thanks for all the work you've put into this! You keep it fun and engaging - and especially these last few (with HUGE buy-in) I want you to know as much as it's a mostly thankless job, I'm happy to have someone with your energy doing it!
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and gratitude. I'm happy for all the camaraderie and excitement it brings.
Bringing everyone together to talk about their lotto hopes, dreams, fantasy is what makes it all worth it.

Thanks for looking out Outinbc =]
I can sense SalmanK was just busting my balls as a joke with no malicious intent. I got a sense of humor so its all good. A little light roasting is all good fun. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing with us. ITs when people purposely try to hurt your career, your private information, or start with malicious attacks is when it gets too far.
SalmanK is alright in my books!

Better luck next time guys!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38915 posts
3360 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
bobbycat wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:30 am
Next one is $35M, are we just freerolling? Black Question Mark Ornament
$35,000,000 aint a bad jackpot at all... IT not $60,000,000.
But I feel a bit of momentum going... I know the odds are technically still 1 in 28 mil , so go for the bigger pay out... But people win small jackpots all the time. People win things against odds all the time. Yes its against the odds, but sometimes I get a hunch and I just want to redeem for a semi-big jackpot.

I think I might consider rolling it to this friday's $35 mil rather then waiting for the next $50 mil...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38915 posts
3360 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
bobbycat wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 1:01 pm
UrbanPoet: If we won $1M+, will all participants have to claim in person or you will take care things from your end? Black Question Mark Ornament
The prize claiming process requires that all members of the pool are verified. What is exactly involved... I don't know.
But the protection is there to protect people from running away! Tons of people expressed that they reeeeeallly wanted to go pickup the prize (for obvious reasons).
Plus i want it to be that way so its fair. They gotta verify who is involved before cutting checks.

Butttt if we did win the jackpot... even with the large ver98 turnout , it was still $65,000!
I estimate the average player put in 4 shares.
Would you take a day off in your busy schedule to pick up $260,000? :)
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40404 posts
1979 upvotes
Richmond Hill
outinbc wrote:

I do hope that at least UP earns the credit card points for it by buying it at a gas station :)
***Frog Tape as low as 38% off retail!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Frog Tape
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1779 posts
283 upvotes
Brampton
Jon Lai wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:23 pm
I do hope that at least UP earns the credit card points for it by buying it at a gas station :)
Yea there is also huge Aeroplan, Air miles or petro points to be got depending on which gas station or even store, it has been mentioned in the past but it’s just part of the process.

The minimum for 649 is actually $5 million now and there is the guaranteed $1 million as well which wasn’t there mostly when the subscription pool used to be run.

It’s sometimes hard to know when the next $50 to $60 million dollar jackpot would be, in this case it might be next week so sometimes it makes sense to go with the best game available.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38915 posts
3360 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
badmus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:28 am
Yea there is also huge Aeroplan, Air miles or petro points to be got depending on which gas station or even store, it has been mentioned in the past but it’s just part of the process.

The minimum for 649 is actually $5 million now and there is the guaranteed $1 million as well which wasn’t there mostly when the subscription pool used to be run.

It’s sometimes hard to know when the next $50 to $60 million dollar jackpot would be, in this case it might be next week so sometimes it makes sense to go with the best game available.
badmus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:28 am

I quickly realized the hoops to jump through to get these points on this scale is very time consuming.

I used to buy esso gc @ shoppers with my credit card so i could earn cc points.
Then spend the esso gc @ esso to buy lotto & collect esso points.
Butttt... i always got hasseled @ shoppers and it took them a long time to scan every $100 gc...
It also took a long time to pay @ esso with gc.

What got to me most were the death stares of people waiting in line. Its very stressful... so i switched to just buying my tickets @ esso and just simply collecting their points only... then pay by debit to save time. They only allow $200 max credit card purchase.

Time to buy tickets takes 20 minutes... each! So this step can take an hour.
Bc i when the draws are this big... i gotta pre-purchase tickets. You cant buy all at once or else you hold the line for a solid 1/2 hr while everyone is frustrated.
Time for each player list update takes 20 minutes. This was done a minimum 2 times a day for the big pools.
Then the time to check takes a solid 30-45 minutes.
Time to redeem takes the longest. Scanning winners takes the retailer time. Thats a good 30 minutes.
Scanning and updating be blog before draw tool me a solid hour+

Esso points is $1 for 1 point.
This pool sold $4625
So after all this work i can treat myself to a $25 gift card with esso points... or 7 premium car washes... lol
Aug 16, 2017
695 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
is there going to be a pool this Friday for the 35mil?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40404 posts
1979 upvotes
Richmond Hill
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 8:39 am
I quickly realized the hoops to jump through to get these points on this scale is very time consuming.

I used to buy esso gc @ shoppers with my credit card so i could earn cc points.
Then spend the esso gc @ esso to buy lotto & collect esso points.
Butttt... i always got hasseled @ shoppers and it took them a long time to scan every $100 gc...
It also took a long time to pay @ esso with gc.

What got to me most were the death stares of people waiting in line. Its very stressful... so i switched to just buying my tickets @ esso and just simply collecting their points only... then pay by debit to save time. They only allow $200 max credit card purchase.

Time to buy tickets takes 20 minutes... each! So this step can take an hour.
Bc i when the draws are this big... i gotta pre-purchase tickets. You cant buy all at once or else you hold the line for a solid 1/2 hr while everyone is frustrated.
Time for each player list update takes 20 minutes. This was done a minimum 2 times a day for the big pools.
Then the time to check takes a solid 30-45 minutes.
Time to redeem takes the longest. Scanning winners takes the retailer time. Thats a good 30 minutes.
Scanning and updating be blog before draw tool me a solid hour+

Esso points is $1 for 1 point.
This pool sold $4625
So after all this work i can treat myself to a $25 gift card with esso points... or 7 premium car washes... lol
I advise buying CT gift cards at 10% off and buying the lottery tickets at the gas bar, if it is convenient for you.
***Frog Tape as low as 38% off retail!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Frog Tape
Heatware | RFD Feedback

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)