Group Buys

RFD LOTTO POOL! Come join the biggest lotto pool on RFD that almost won the jackpot! V.107 Lottomax $60,000,000!

[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38921 posts
3362 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 9:41 pm
@UrbanPoet how many are in the group?
Depends how many people join that version number. Version 99 had 34 shares and 33 people.

Version 98 had a hundred+
Jun 5, 2017
553 posts
53 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
i dont know why more people dont play in a lotto pool that supports multiple draws. It's only $30 and if we win, even if its 10 million for the top prize everyone is still going to make a profit of thousands.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2002
1678 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I think it because you have slightly better odds of winning by putting it all on one jackpot then to spread it across multiple draws when the odds of winning is the same.

I think it would make more sense with 6/49 since it has a guaranteed prize that depends on how many people play. So the less people play (which is usually the lower jackpots) the higher chance to win $1 million. Also with the Wednesday bonus draws for July and August adding 50 prizes of $2000, the additional prizes adds more chances to win.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38921 posts
3362 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
brandonly wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 7:26 pm
i dont know why more people dont play in a lotto pool that supports multiple draws. It's only $30 and if we win, even if its 10 million for the top prize everyone is still going to make a profit of thousands.
Exactly.
Version 99 @ 34 shares would net you $294,000 pay out assuming a minimum jackpot is won. Also... It suits the profile of your typical lottery player. I'm sure many are the same... You enjoy buying lottery every week. Sometimes you miss it. But you make a point of grabbing one along with your gas or pop and chips @ the corner store.
Why not do so in a pool to increase your chances?
And why not in a easy/convenient format where you don't even have to leave your house? RFD lotto captain will buy all the tickets, compile a list of all your names, put updates on a blog, and include scans of the tickets.

Firestorm ZERO wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 12:38 am
I think it because you have slightly better odds of winning by putting it all on one jackpot then to spread it across multiple draws when the odds of winning is the same.

I think it would make more sense with 6/49 since it has a guaranteed prize that depends on how many people play. So the less people play (which is usually the lower jackpots) the higher chance to win $1 million. Also with the Wednesday bonus draws for July and August adding 50 prizes of $2000, the additional prizes adds more chances to win.
I think the reason larger jackpots are more popular is because of the WOW factor of being part of something special like the RFD lotto pool. I find a lot of our RFD lotto team has a lot of enthusiasm and camaraderie. Especially as jackpots get bigger and it grows in hype.

The pools do get rather large. So when you see something like Version 98 which had 925 shares ($4625) compared to Version 99 which had 34 shares ($170 per draw), you want to join the bigger one... You get to piggy back on all those shares and increase your chances.

6/49 is a great idea. I overlooked those $2000 bonus prizes. After Version 99 subscription pool is done... I'll do a round of 649 subscription pool for Version 100. CENTURY EDITION.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1779 posts
283 upvotes
Brampton
The bonus prizes for 649 varies, it’s not always $2,000. There was one where it was like 50 bonus prizes of $100,000 and another where there were 4 extra prizes of $1,000,000 all guaranteed to be won.

I agree the subscription works best for 649, lotto max goes super high sometimes so it offers great opportunities to run one time draws that draw a large number of participants.
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
London
What's the is largest jackpot money that UrbanPoet pool has won? Is there any chance to get receive money through online instead of going to Toronto?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38921 posts
3362 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
undyingredcomet wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 6:54 pm
What's the is largest jackpot money that UrbanPoet pool has won? Is there any chance to get receive money through online instead of going to Toronto?
The most we won was 5/7 lottomax or 4/6 649
And one time 6/7 on a lottomax maxi million.

You gotta pickup major prizes in person. Jackpot group wins must be verified by olg before given out.
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
London
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 8:23 pm
The most we won was 5/7 lottomax or 4/6 649
And one time 6/7 on a lottomax maxi million.

You gotta pickup major prizes in person. Jackpot group wins must be verified by olg before given out.
How much was the amount for all three of those winnings?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1379 posts
322 upvotes
Aurora
undyingredcomet wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 8:25 pm
How much was the amount for all three of those winnings?
Who cares? Even a MaxMillion is peanuts after getting diluted by a group. Everyone is playing for the jackpot and after we win, this thread will be Closed and it will be too late for you.
Jul 28, 2005
579 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
@UrbanPoet

I’d like to join - let me know so I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks
[removed]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12424 posts
478 upvotes
Do you guys think there should be another pool to go along with the subscription? That would allow a bunch of people to who want to join to get in on the fun as well.

The two problems I see are there might be issues if people upset if one group wins and the other one didn't. And of course if UrbanPoet has time to set another one up on short notice. It takes a bunch of time to setup, reply to all the questions of members who want to join, confirm payments, print out tickets, upload pics and provide updates.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38921 posts
3362 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Back by popular demand... the often imitated, never duplicated, URBAN POET RFD LOTTO POOL IS STARTING ITS 100th Lotto pool!
This is the CENTURY EDITION OF THE UP RFD LOTTO POOL!
Its for the lottomax draw on Friday July 13th, 2018 with a freeeeeeaaakkkyyy Friday jackpot of $60,000,000!!!

We had CRAAAAAZY hype in Version 98 where we broke the record with $4625 worth of shares!

Lets see if we can even come close to such a MAAAAASSSIVE pool we had last time.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38921 posts
3362 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
as of 9/7/2018 5:14pm

Early evening of the first day and we're up to $105. The after work rush should be coming in once people settle in from work. I'll estimate we'll close the day at $150.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)