• Nov 22nd, 2017 1:54 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4673 upvotes
Between Countries

RFD Member Status Definitions

Is there a link to the definitions/consequences of the various statuses or levels an RFD account can have? I've always wondered what things like "Penalty Box" meant.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: Is there a link to the definitions/consequences of the various statuses or levels an RFD account can have? I've always wondered what things like "Penalty Box" meant.
From my understanding it means all their posts have to be approved by a mod before they are posted. I could be completely wrong though.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
194 upvotes
Sounds like a place for people to learn to chill out. Both “good” and “bad” posters can get caught up and over-heated in RFD drama which inadvertently causes the thread quality to decline.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Ojam wrote: From my understanding it means all their posts have to be approved by a mod before they are posted. I could be completely wrong though.
This is true. You obtain penalty box status at 10-14 points. 15 or more yields you a trip to the land of temporary banning.

The default member ranks and their associate post counts are as follows:

Newbie 0
Jr. Member 100
Member 200
Sr. Member 500
Deal Addict 1000
Deal Fanatic 5000
Deal Guru 10000
Deal Expert 15000
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4673 upvotes
Between Countries
TomRFD wrote: This is true. You obtain penalty box status at 10-14 points. 15 or more yields you a trip to the land of temporary banning.

The default member ranks and their associate post counts are as follows:

Newbie 0
Jr. Member 100
Member 200
Sr. Member 500
Deal Addict 1000
Deal Fanatic 5000
Deal Guru 10000
Deal Expert 15000
Thanks ,Tom. So how are points accumulated - only by infractions? And one point per infraction? Do points expire? Also, how long are Penalty Box and Temp Ban periods? Finally, what about permanent Banned - is there a hard point limit for that or is it under the discretion of Mods and Admins?

Thanks. BTW, I'm not trolling. I just want to get a better understanding of how it works.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Creating your own forum?
DiceMan wrote: Thanks ,Tom. So how are points accumulated - only by infractions? And one point per infraction? Do points expire? Also, how long are Penalty Box and Temp Ban periods? Finally, what about permanent Banned - is there a hard point limit for that or is it under the discretion of Mods and Admins?

Thanks. BTW, I'm not trolling. I just want to get a better understanding of how it works.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4673 upvotes
Between Countries
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Creating your own forum?
LOL! Yeah, how 'bout we rebuild "Off Topic" from the ground up.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
DiceMan wrote: Thanks ,Tom. So how are points accumulated - only by infractions? And one point per infraction? Do points expire? Also, how long are Penalty Box and Temp Ban periods? Finally, what about permanent Banned - is there a hard point limit for that or is it under the discretion of Mods and Admins?

Yes points are only accumulated through the infraction system. We have presets and most are between 2 and 5 (depending on the severity of the offence) however we can apply custom infractions with any point value. Expiry dates are typically between 90-180 days and can also be custom. Once points expire and you cross under the lower threshold for a range you'll be automatically switched to the group under. Permanent bans are usually reserved for spam posters and repeat offenders.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Aug 8, 2006
108 posts
65 upvotes
KW Area
Are member statuses linked to the ability to downvote threads?
Aug 8, 2006
108 posts
65 upvotes
KW Area
Thanks Tom, appreciate it. Couldn't find that number elsewhere.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)