RFD Official Detailing Thread - Post all Detailing/Paint Related Questions here!
Purpose is to hopefully help some of you RFDers with detailing related questions without having to resort to 3rd party websites OR making new threads.
1. People new to detailing might be confused by acronyms used. If you ever wondered what KSG or M95 was and wasn't sure where to search; here is the official acronym encoder:
This is your reference point for unknown ones but I will briefly list the most common ones that will be used:
LSP - last step product (wax, sealant, glaze)
MF - Microfiber (only towel that should be used for detailing related work
CC- Clear Coat
Klasse SG - Klasse Sealant Glaze (a sealant)
KAIO - Klasse AIO (all in one sealant/wax/polish)
ZAIO - Zaino AIO (sealant)
ISA - Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol cut in 50% with water)
SSR - Poor Boys Super Swirl Remover products
Megs - Meguiars Product
Other terminology we will try to clarify as much as possible in the original post but if not; please refer to the above link.
2. These articles will very quickly answer your questions to the most frequently asked questions:
How to wash your vehicle
How to clay your vehicle
How to wax your vehicle
The Perfect Shine!
3. You might notice I am linking alot to Autopia; it is a great resource. If we do not have the answer, Autopia will. However ask us and lets see if we can help first. Autopia is sometimes not very newbie friendly (especially when you do not search).
4. Alot of people have PMed me about detailing supplies. I will make my next post about what I recommend for vehicle paint conditions. This is not a definite answer; just what I choose to use. If you want something more specific you can PM me or post.
5. I will periodically post articles (hence why next three post are reserved) to help some of you RFDers out. If you want to see how to do something (polishing/waxing/sealant/claying/touch up/wetsanding) let me know and I will post in those reserved spots.
6. If you are looking for a detailer; please see the 2nd post.
7. That is it, you can post away!