• Sep 18th, 2018 1:33 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2412 posts
193 upvotes
Brampton
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 12:20 am
why you cringe? before last game, he was 47% from 3.. after last game, he is still 40%... yes he doesnt shoot them that often, but still.. Lowry is only 32% from 3pt this season, taking 5 a game... yet he has a 45% FG%...he Lowry cut down the 3s, he can easily be at 50% FG..
40% with no one guarding you and all the time in the world is not a good percentage. Even for a recreational player. Let alone a pro. Lowry's percentage isn't great, but at least he's shooting them in transition and with a hand in his face all the time.
Sep 30, 2008
831 posts
495 upvotes
Pickering
Phat$ wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 10:36 am
Lets make this happen people.

NBA All Star voting starts next week, Dec. 11th, 2014 and concludes end of day on Jan. 19th, 2015. We have just over a month to make this happen and need the support of every fan and even non fans. We need to start drumming up support now.

This year the structure is a bit different and that may make things more difficult. The ballot on NBA.com will for the first time feature every player in the league. It formerly included only 60 players per conference who had been selected by a media panel.

Fans will continue to vote for three frontcourt players and two guards to start for each conference.

If our fan base is truly as rabid as we appear, then we should be able to make this happen.

Vote early, vote often and spread the word!
victory01 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 2:11 pm
I have no faith in this voting system BS ever since the dunk contest catastrophe. They'll just end up starting whoever they want. We should organize a mass Canada wide Fields vote. More importantly, does Bruno automatically get to play in the rookie sophmore game? or how does that work? I never cared enough about a rookie to know.
Oh ye of little faith. We can make this happen. Someone just tweeted it to Matt Devlin and he retweeted it and it already has a few likes/favorites. https://twitter.com/Matt__Devlin/status ... 0134586368 This is gonna grow and spread quickly. Get on board now and help make it happen!
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3201 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
toeknee89 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 4:51 pm
40% with no one guarding you and all the time in the world is not a good percentage. Even for a recreational player. Let alone a pro. Lowry's percentage isn't great, but at least he's shooting them in transition and with a hand in his face all the time.
why does it matter if anyone is guarding or not. it's a part of the game... it still counts regardless!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5440 posts
1174 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow. JV is frustrating to watch tonight.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
They have got to do something about this technical foul bull***** in the NBA. I barely have any passion at my job but I'd probably get ejected everyday. How the hell do you expect players to bottle/hide their emotions, especially on a total bull***** call. They aren't kindergarten kids. "*Whistle, foul. Oh, you didn't like that I called that? Okay technical foul too then. Yeah...I'm the boss of this show, feels good..."
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3786 posts
1562 upvotes
Toronto
victory01 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 8:47 pm
They have got to do something about this technical foul bull***** in the NBA. I barely have any passion at my job but I'd probably get ejected everyday. How the hell do you expect players to bottle/hide their emotions, especially on a total bull***** call. They aren't kindergarten kids. "*Whistle, foul. Oh, you didn't like that I called that? Okay technical foul too then. Yeah...I'm the boss of this show, feels good..."
I don't know... A few years ago, I was getting sick and tired of watching games because of all the cry-baby complaining from players and coaches.

I know it's hard to believe, but guys like Lebron, Kobe and Kevin Garnett actually used to complain WAAAYY more than they do today, and it would get so annoying. When the current technical foul rule came in, it made the players think twice before making a BS complaint, and I like that.

Sure, there will be times where the refs call the T out of revenge because they don't like the players disrespecting them, but I much prefer that, over the joke reactions we used to be subjected to a few years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Good point, and I get that. Tech the guy if he directs anything towards a ref, but if he's running away or just cursing under his breath or screaming to the crowd let it go. There's a differences between complaining and crying vs expressing yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
hahaha, true. But I mean for good reason after a terrible call, not when they put up a hissy fit when something doesn't go their way...damn, forget it. lol

I'm just saying I get up off my couch yelling at the tv sometimes, you can't expect players to just stand there and take it. This isn't nba2k, they're people with emotions. It's a grey area I guess.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15798 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
^ thats true.. but when ur paid millions of dollars, is there any real point to cause a fit on a bad call? when do they refs EVER change a foul call? 1 in 10,000? so no point to possibly get tossed and screw ur team over...

on the Derozan front.. I really hope he works hard and gets back soon.. i didnt realize how much his absence hurts our team defensively....the original call was 4 weeks for him...hopefully he can come back in exactly 4 weeks, which would be the start of the deadly west coast trip after xmas (clips, nuggets, blazers, warriors, phoenix)... because if he misses that trip, we could be in for a rude awakening and a massive fall...we have a very light schedule up until that Bulls game before xmas.. but from then on, its rough...hopefully we can pull it together and go 6-2 over the next 8 games before that Bulls game... maybe only lose to Cavs again, and get stunned by one of the other crap teams lol
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15798 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
Crinkle_cut wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 1:24 pm
Ok Odds are out...

Bet $100 on Cavs and Collect $255 if they win.
Bet $100 on Raps and Collect $155 if they win.

Over/Under is set at 208.5 pts, and payout is $191 for a $100 wager.

My wager...I can't justify that Toronto is heavily favored to win, when considering the potential ability of the Cavs and their 5 game win streak.
So put $50 on Cavs to win, and bet $100 on Over 208.5 pts.

Keeping fingers crossed!
i am very surprised u took the over in this game.. i definitely woulda took the under... just didnt feel them getting up to like 210 points combined....even tho the Raps have covered the over in like 8 straight games before last night I believe.

but a 2.55 payout for the Cavs last night was ridiculously good.. as much as I love the Raptors, no idea how they were favoured by that much, after they lost their All Star, and the Cavs were on a 5 game winning streak...looks like u ended up losing $22.50 on the night from those 2 bets :(
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 12:39 pm
^ thats true.. but when ur paid millions of dollars, is there any real point to cause a fit on a bad call? when do they refs EVER change a foul call? 1 in 10,000? so no point to possibly get tossed and screw ur team over...
It's not about money or trying to change the call. My point was simply expressing their emotion. These guys are really competitive and actually in the game, and I get heated just sitting on the couch watching. I'm just saying it's unfair to tell them not to react. Here's an example I won't forget in a while...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 12:43 pm
but a 2.55 payout for the Cavs last night was ridiculously good.. as much as I love the Raptors, no idea how they were favoured by that much, after they lost their All Star, and the Cavs were on a 5 game winning streak...looks like u ended up losing $22.50 on the night from those 2 bets :(
Those payouts are misrepresented. The 255 includes the 100 he originally put in, so he's actually getting +1.55 on that site. I knew someone who used them and kept telling me his payouts which sounded really off. You actually payout your original bet when you make it and get back the bet plus winnings after, if you win.