• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 5:03 pm
Nov 3, 2014
682 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
grappos13 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 2:53 am
As big as a Raptors fan as i am, there is still quite a bit of concern...

they are 11-6.. which is off of last year's pace (if they get to 13-6, then they will be on the same winning percentage pace)....

it just seems they will be exactly as last year at best... played the Cavs twice, lost both... yes they were both close games but they lost both.... and people will be like "well we lost to the champs"....how do you expect to do in the playoffs if you are losing to them in the regular season? also lost to GSW (best team in the league) and clippers (best team in the league at the time they lost)... Also, two losses to the Sacramento Kings hurts....one with JV out and another one where we played like crap and shoulda got to OT but got robbed..

in the end, how many big games have they played and won? 4 big games against Cavs, GSW and Clippers resulted in losses..is OKC a big game even without Durant (yes they are leading their division but its still not as big)...

we are 17 games in.. and IMO, they have played max 7 big games.. they lost 4 of them.. and won 3 (@OKC, @CHA and @HOU)

lets see them go 5-1 on this home stand to bring their record to 15-7... tough when u have to play Cavs, ATL and MEM... but if we want to be considered good, we need to do these things..

Derozan has also come back down to earth...only 1 game out of the past 9 he has shot over 50% FG... vs. 6 times in the first 8 games...

Not signing Bismack was soo great and it was exactly what i wanted.. Siakam and BeBe do more than enough to save that money...

and whats with the JV hate? JV is a BEAST offensively, and there is no debating that... he is not that great defensively but he can hold is own if he has to guard someone close to his size...guy has only had one game under 50%... hopefully he can do well this home stand against some of bigs like Gasol, Howard, Dieng...hopefully he takes Mozgov to school on Friday
To be fair, our losses have come against Cavs x2, Clippers, GSW and our fathers - Sacramento. Nothing to be ashamed about in those fine company minus the NBA refs. Also our schedule was considered one of the toughest in November

Besides, my biggest concern is the defense...... Raptors went back to their pre-Andy Greer scramble style defense where we're running around like headless chickens. Shades of 2014-2015 again where we had an amazingly efficient offense and our defense was at the bottom. Very similar story so far this year

Joseph, and a hobbled Carroll are vastly superior defenders over Vasquez and Lou, but even they can't help us get out of the bottom 5 in defense.

It's also very taxing on players and Lowry/Derozan are #1 and #3 on MPG......
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1931 posts
1243 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
they are 11-6.. which is off of last year's pace
... they were 11-6 after 17 games last season... (November 28, 2015)
grappos13 wrote:

how do you expect to do in the playoffs if you are losing to them in the regular season?

... raps won the season series last year against the cavs...
grappos13 wrote:
also lost to GSW

... GSW loss was after a back to back with cavs...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3382 posts
1089 upvotes
Global Village
nx6288 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 10:06 am
So when someone struggles for 2 games it's alright (which I agree with) but when someone struggles dating back to last season and plays well for 2 games you call out the people who says he's been garbage.

It's too early to make a call on how the Raptors are going to be this year. They still don't have Sullinger playing and he likely won't be back until post all-star. However, thus far they've lost to the Cavs, Clippers, Warriors so yeah essentially they are going nowhere except possibly another conference final exit. It would take a devastating injury to either Kyrie/Lebron for us to advance.
Kyrie specifically is the x-factor against us imo, if he's hobbled and we can find some consistent rim-protection from Pascal we can take them. His D on Love when we played them this season was pretty good. I fear he's going to hit the rookie wall by then, though and it might take a midseason trade for an experienced shot-blocking 4. Only if Kyrie gets hurt, otherwise we'll be wasting assets, even if you can get past the Cavs you will not get past the Warriors if they stay healthy this season. Most likely scenario we take our lumps again this season and we go after Serge Ibaka this summer as a free agent.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3382 posts
1089 upvotes
Global Village
What a luxury to have Cory Joseph as your backup point guard. Lowry/Joseph = best point guard tandem in the NBA.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5823 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 10:02 pm
What a luxury to have Cory Joseph as your backup point guard. Lowry/Joseph = best point guard tandem in the NBA.
Well, Lowry is already one of the top point guards in the league, so even if Joseph was average, the tandem, by definition, would still be ranked high. Haha.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5977 posts
143 upvotes
Raptors fan here..

if you struggle for a few games = garbage, trade him, he sucks
when we win.. = not enough to compete in the playoffs anyway, ddr for mvp
when we lose = raptors are garbage, ddr is a ball hog
psubs = fantasy GM that always propose you random trades

im just so glad to see the raptors win games and play good basketball.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9358 posts
332 upvotes
Tomy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 10:34 am
Raptors fan here..

I love his trade scenarios. They're always so in favour of the Raps as if the other team would agree to it.
Raps trade a back of rocks to GS for Durant.
Raps get one of the best scorers. GS can use the back of rocks for strength training.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4320 posts
317 upvotes
they win...people complain. they loose, people complain. geesh....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8703 posts
359 upvotes
Tomy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 10:34 am
Raptors fan here..

I love psubs. He is a great raptor fan.

But yeah, im just enjoying this moment right now. If you think about it without Lebron or the nba rigging it for him we could actually reach the finals. Thats how good they are.
No political content in sigs please.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1931 posts
1243 upvotes
MaximDude wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 11:12 pm
THIS IS WHY Lebron is a TRUE SUPERSTAR that Demar WILL NEVER BE. Lebron didn't finish with the most shot attempts but he did finish with the most points with efficient shooting and just as importantly with 14 ASSISTS which is more than Lowry and Demar COMBINED. Unlike Demar, Lebron KNOWS HOW TO SHARE THE DAMN BALL and its why the Cavs are consistently successful although in this game the refs did help them with some biased calls.
Lebron a true superstar? The team just lost 2 in a row, with an embarrassment at home. Since you like to talk about people's stats so much, lets take a look at how le-flop performed tonight. Less than 40% FG, 0% from behind the arc, 5 turnovers, -20.

Give it up for the "SUPERSTAR"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6133 posts
1589 upvotes
Markham
Androidmarshmellow wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:44 pm
Lebron a true superstar? The team just lost 2 in a row, with an embarrassment at home. Since you like to talk about people's stats so much, lets take a look at how le-flop performed tonight. Less than 40% FG, 0% from behind the arc, 5 turnovers, -20.

Give it up for the "SUPERSTAR"
Just goes to show you that the game(s)/playoffs have to be played and the Cav's/Warriors can play just as bad as anyone else. If every players shows up and plays to their stats, those two teams are the elites.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2048 posts
144 upvotes
can't compared Derozan to Lebron...or Lebron to anyone in the league. He's an all time great and legend. I'm not a huge Derozan fan but he's still an All Star caliber player
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1931 posts
1243 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:18 am
can't compared Derozan to Lebron...or Lebron to anyone in the league. He's an all time great and legend. I'm not a huge Derozan fan but he's still an All Star caliber player
Hard to compare Lebron with derozan because Lebron had wade with bosh for his first two titles and Irving with love for the 3rd title
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4320 posts
317 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:18 am
well i do know that i have never seen DD pouting like i saw LBJ last night when the clippers showed them whose boss this year. and if that was a raptor who punched someone like Kyrie, we would have been tossed!

LBJ will be one of the top players but i reserve terms like legend for others. not LBJ. not yet.

[down 20 and the cavs quit. i hope wade et all kick them tonight too...then raptors on monday]

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

crow