Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2770 posts
940 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
Screw maxim, screw rems, we have a key game coming up.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15507 posts
618 upvotes
Stouffville
Its funny how these same ppl that love demar are the ones that were sheet talking him 3plus years ago pre lowry trade...

Anyways, you guys talk about how its not derozans job to play D? Thats some bs if u ask me. Look at a similar star who doesnt play d and cant win xhampionships like that...carmello anthony. All the top sg/sf offensive players have all been elite d to win anything.

The thing about jv is, once he does crap on D, he is instantly benched and not given a chance to play his offense and work on his d.

Sure demar is your star...your pretty inefficient star before this year... but look at the lopsided offensive opportunities between the two..

Games under 13 fg this year... derozan 1...jv 47...

At least give this 57%fg guy a chance compared to always isoing for a career 44% fg shooter with below average defence

Also, you say jv is so inconsistent but what about derozan? Last 9 games, 5 of them he has shot under 40%...on the season he has played 57 games and 19 are under 40 percent. Thats one third of his games. Pretty inconsistent if you ask me
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9116 posts
256 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 11:28 am
Don't mind rems. He's no different than maximdude. Shows up only when JV has a good game, and gone otherwise. Except his is always a blatant, what about DeMar rebuttal, which is not a rebuttal at all.

He never actually addresses any of the points or criticisms of JV, just points to DD. It's like political arguments. People always just point to the previous opposition PM, Premier, etc. etc. and point to a specific event, when none of that actually changes the shortcomings of the person currently being discussed.
Sorry I don't come on as often. It's not only when DD has a bad game. He's had poor games prior to yesterday and you didn't see me posting. JV was pretty good vs MIL for the limited minutes he played and I didnt post anything. I come on when I have some free time.
Again, please tell me where I didn't acknowledge any of JV's criticisms. It's you who fails to criticize DD.
I'm a fan of basketball and I have a view of how it should be played and my opinions of good and bad basketball.
DD's inefficiency to me is bad. JV's high % shots are good. Yes he struggles defensively which is a criticism of his game. But those same people (like yourself), give Demar a free pass in that sense when his defense is MUCH worse than JV's.
You say that's why JV doesn't get consistent minutes or crunch time play. But by that same token, shouldn't DD also be benched? Especially when his shots aren't falling? That's what I've been saying this whole time but to you DD can do no wrong and JV can do no right. So it's a bit hypocritical of you to post that I don't respond to your points when you fail to acknowledge mine.

And I agree with Maxim regarding JV. Those criticisms people have of his game cannot be fixed unless he gets consistent minutes. If you're always looking over your shoulder to see if you'll get pulled because of a mistake, you play with a sense of apprehension. That's not good for any player. DD was allowed that. So let's see if JV can do the same. If he can't then he can't and maybe he should be traded. But DD couldn't become the player he is currently (good and bad) without those opportunities.

So JV's P&R defense is pretty terrible. See I can say something negative about his game. Can you do the same for Demar?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4171 posts
645 upvotes
Markham
Bad coaching. He's got it out for JV and this is not good for the team heading towards playoffs. Same thing happened to James Johnson last year.
As he keeps saying over and over Kyle and Demar, Kyle and Demar, Kyle and Demar. At end of a half or game on the line...it's ISO Demar time.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jun 28, 2015
165 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm not saying DD 'shouldnt' play better D. I'm saying .. he's a star offensive player that hasn't shown the ability in several seasons. He's not going to suddenly morph into a defensive stud. So let it go.

Anywho. I'm done with this convo. It's like trying to explain the smell of the color 9.

Onward: the next game is indeed pretty important. All things being equal, they could still move up a couple of spots. Tough? Absolutely. But they can do it if they buckle down. Hopefully the teams ahead of them misstep a bit.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4115 posts
652 upvotes
Mississauga
LucifersGhost wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 2:54 pm
I'm not saying DD 'shouldnt' play better D. I'm saying .. he's a star offensive player that hasn't shown the ability in several seasons. He's not going to suddenly morph into a defensive stud. So let it go.

Anywho. I'm done with this convo. It's like trying to explain the smell of the color 9.

Onward: the next game is indeed pretty important. All things being equal, they could still move up a couple of spots. Tough? Absolutely. But they can do it if they buckle down. Hopefully the teams ahead of them misstep a bit.
Seems Dwight and Schroeder are now having some issues. Funny how the coach chose to bench Schroeder because of that, when issues with teammates clearly follows Dwight around the past few teams. Furthermore, if Schroeder is supposed to be their PG of the future, you'd think they would have benched Dwight instead. It'll be interesting to see if tensions remain, which would benefit the Raptors.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1651 posts
425 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 4:57 pm
Seems Dwight and Schroeder are now having some issues. Funny how the coach chose to bench Schroeder because of that, when issues with teammates clearly follows Dwight around the past few teams. Furthermore, if Schroeder is supposed to be their PG of the future, you'd think they would have benched Dwight instead. It'll be interesting to see if tensions remain, which would benefit the Raptors.
Schroeder was benched because he chose to continue chirping with Howard and stopped guarding his guy, Curry, who went on to sink a wide open 3. They just signed Jose Calderon so it will be interesting to see how much he is used. Despite all this the Hawks will be a very tough 1st round matchup, well coached, we'll need Lowry hitting 3s against them to have a chance to advance.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6045 posts
148 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 2:33 pm
Bad coaching. He's got it out for JV and this is not good for the team heading towards playoffs. Same thing happened to James Johnson last year.
As he keeps saying over and over Kyle and Demar, Kyle and Demar, Kyle and Demar. At end of a half or game on the line...it's ISO Demar time.
ISO demar has nothing to do with JV. ISO demar is one play out 48 minutes and it only happens in very close games. Most of the time DD makes the right plays. JV doesnt. Plain and simple.

JV has never been able to secure the paint consistently. He is a big. Thats like a PG not learning how to pass. Dude is a legit 7 footer and have a long reach. He still hasnt figured out how to finish strong. I like how he gets fouls. Thats a progress but sometimes he does fade aways, hooks and stupid shots where he could just post up and bully his man.

The guy has a problem keeping his position. Thats why Casey benches him. He gets so bad that he has to put in Poeltl.

He is only 24 though. I hope he works on his game like lowry/dd work on their game. At this rate, Poeltl will outplay him. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1172 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 4:57 pm
Dwight is a cancer and has proven it time and time again.

Cant get along with Kobe
Cant get along with Harden

and now Schroeder? LOL
He played with 2 bonafied superstars and still couldnt put his ego aside and play his role on those teams.

Dude is so overrated.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18635 posts
1247 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 8:36 am
Dwight is a cancer and has proven it time and time again.

Cant get along with Kobe
Cant get along with Harden

and now Schroeder? LOL
He played with 2 bonafied superstars and still couldnt put his ego aside and play his role on those teams.

Dude is so overrated.
+2 on Howard

Plus he hasn't been the same after his back injury and other ailments...

Dood is a shell of his former self....Superman no more...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2770 posts
940 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
He is still dangerous. Ignore him at your peril.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4115 posts
652 upvotes
Mississauga
rems wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 1:15 pm
Sorry I don't come on as often. It's not only when DD has a bad game. He's had poor games prior to yesterday and you didn't see me posting. JV was pretty good vs MIL for the limited minutes he played and I didnt post anything. I come on when I have some free time.
Again, please tell me where I didn't acknowledge any of JV's criticisms. It's you who fails to criticize DD.
I'm a fan of basketball and I have a view of how it should be played and my opinions of good and bad basketball.
DD's inefficiency to me is bad. JV's high % shots are good. Yes he struggles defensively which is a criticism of his game. But those same people (like yourself), give Demar a free pass in that sense when his defense is MUCH worse than JV's.
You say that's why JV doesn't get consistent minutes or crunch time play. But by that same token, shouldn't DD also be benched? Especially when his shots aren't falling? That's what I've been saying this whole time but to you DD can do no wrong and JV can do no right. So it's a bit hypocritical of you to post that I don't respond to your points when you fail to acknowledge mine.

And I agree with Maxim regarding JV. Those criticisms people have of his game cannot be fixed unless he gets consistent minutes. If you're always looking over your shoulder to see if you'll get pulled because of a mistake, you play with a sense of apprehension. That's not good for any player. DD was allowed that. So let's see if JV can do the same. If he can't then he can't and maybe he should be traded. But DD couldn't become the player he is currently (good and bad) without those opportunities.

So JV's P&R defense is pretty terrible. See I can say something negative about his game. Can you do the same for Demar?
Maybe you don't understand how a forum works. If you talk about DeMar, and I wanted to respond to something you've said about DeMar, I am free to reply to your post and talk about DeMar. If I don't have anything to say about DeMar, then I don't reply to your post.

But you, you reply to a post about JV, and talk about DeMar with no mention of JV whatsoever. Like why would you even reply to a post about JV - just post a new thing about DeMar. That would be like me replying to your post about DeMar and talking about Carroll with no mention of DeMar whatsoever. It wouldn't make sense. Get a clue.

There doesn't have to only be one conversation happening in the thread. Few people are talking about JV, a couple of others are talking about DeMar, a couple of others might be talking about upcoming matches - all different conversations happening in the same thread. You want to talk about DeMar, talk about DeMar, but don't bring him into a different conversation that is going on specifically about JV.

sample rems reply: DeMar sucks
kenchau troll reply: Carroll has a 40% FG percentage

sample rems reply: DeMar shot 44%
kenchau troll reply: Delon scored 0 points in 10 minutes

etc...etc... :facepalm:
Dec 30, 1969
439 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto, ON
That 5th foul on Ibaka was vintage Ed Malloy that killed every momentum

Can say all we want about the performances but one thing completely stands out, and from previous games as well. Raptors BADLY need 3pt shooting right now even with Lowry back.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4115 posts
652 upvotes
Mississauga
danny3526 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 10:58 pm
That 5th foul on Ibaka was vintage Ed Malloy that killed every momentum

Can say all we want about the performances but one thing completely stands out, and from previous games as well. Raptors BADLY need 3pt shooting right now even with Lowry back.
Yeah. But the 6th foul was silly also, acting job by Ilyasova. Refs started to lock the game down for Atlanta at the 3-4 minute remaining mark.

In today's NBA, with so many teams making the three-point shot a big part of their offense, when you struggle, it's tough to win. During the Raptors rough stretch, it was a lack of three point efficiency.

Even the Warriors with the best three point shooters (with an 's') lose when they shoot the three poorly as a team. Second straight loss tonight and in both losses, less than 30% from three.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel