• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 11:28 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5999 posts
189 upvotes
Unfortunately, I think the Raptors are kinda "stuck" with Lowry. If he goes, I don't think we have the cap space to replace him so I don't think there's too much of a choice but to offer him a big contract and keep him.

Personally, I would just try to trade everyone away and collect as many assets as possible since they are not going to win the championship in the next 2 - 3 years. But just that's me =P
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
look like we are keeping him ... masai said himself he want lowry to come back and lowry want to come back ... obviously he said that now since sixers got no1 for fultz, clippers and spurs don't want him

who else is left that want an old and injury prone with bad experiences player in the playoffs ... i guess us (shaking my head)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8521 posts
300 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 8:55 am
Unfortunately, I think the Raptors are kinda "stuck" with Lowry. If he goes, I don't think we have the cap space to replace him so I don't think there's too much of a choice but to offer him a big contract and keep him.

Personally, I would just try to trade everyone away and collect as many assets as possible since they are not going to win the championship in the next 2 - 3 years. But just that's me =P
That is what I have been saying but I guess Ujiri is satisfied with just getting to the playoffs if he resign lowry.

He isnt a winner thats for sure.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 8:15 pm
That is what I have been saying but I guess Ujiri is satisfied with just getting to the playoffs if he resign lowry.

He isnt a winner thats for sure.
If lowry wasn't a free agent ...Masai probably would have trade him
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2783 posts
760 upvotes
Global Village
toshibaaa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 7:58 pm
look like we are keeping him ... masai said himself he want lowry to come back and lowry want to come back ... obviously he said that now since sixers got no1 for fultz, clippers and spurs don't want him
If nobody else offers him a big contract we should be firm, 3 years 50 mill and not go over in $ or years.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8521 posts
300 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:25 am
If nobody else offers him a big contract we should be firm, 3 years 50 mill and not go over in $ or years.
Oh Lowry will get paid. He is a great regular season contender.

Raptors paying him will be a win financially.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:00 pm
Oh Lowry will get paid. He is a great regular season contender.

Raptors paying him will be a win financially.
Houston just recently targeting him now
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2783 posts
760 upvotes
Global Village
toshibaaa wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:10 pm
Houston just recently targeting him now
I doubt they'll be able to pay him more than 3 years 50 mill, unless they manage to trade Ryan Anderson for picks and clear up space. Plus Harden needs the ball at all times for that team, Lowry doesn't fit very well there now as a the primary PG he is. Of course Lowry's agent will make it sound that he's going to Houston to get the raps to pay more to stay, Masai shouldn't take the bait.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5380 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:20 pm
I doubt they'll be able to pay him more than 3 years 50 mill, unless they manage to trade Ryan Anderson for picks and clear up space. Plus Harden needs the ball at all times for that team, Lowry doesn't fit very well there now as a the primary PG he is. Of course Lowry's agent will make it sound that he's going to Houston to get the raps to pay more to stay, Masai shouldn't take the bait.
Maybe the agent is selling to Houston that Lowry can play off the ball like he did in Toronto alongside Joseph. Hopefully, Houston takes the bait haha.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2734 posts
1199 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anybody explain how it's possible Phil Jackson hasn't been fired yet??? Now he's looking to trade Porzingis?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8521 posts
300 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 10:12 pm
Can anybody explain how it's possible Phil Jackson hasn't been fired yet??? Now he's looking to trade Porzingis?
Because the knicks is just a terrible franchise. Just look at how they disrespected Oak and Melo.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3895 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Please let Lowry go elsewhere and not come back. I hope he seriously is against coming back to the Raps so that Masai doesn't get tempted to resign him. This guy is overrated and will never be worth the contract he will get especially in a few years from now.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Apr 4, 2009
701 posts
90 upvotes
MaximDude wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 11:56 pm
Please let Lowry go elsewhere and not come back. I hope he seriously is against coming back to the Raps so that Masai doesn't get tempted to resign him. This guy is overrated and will never be worth the contract he will get especially in a few years from now.
Unfortuntely with the salary cap being projected lower, the likelyhood of Lowry staying just went up big time

Spurs can't offer a max contract anymore
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5972 posts
140 upvotes
kitchensink wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 9:44 am
Unfortuntely with the salary cap being projected lower, the likelyhood of Lowry staying just went up big time

Spurs can't offer a max contract anymore
then that means we'll be locked in for that cap space in the near future.

it's a tough pill to swallow, lowry is a great players..but a max would handicap our cap in the near future. signalling all in for the next few years.

if lowry would be willing to come back at 15 mil, it'll be a good deal for both sides (players and Raptors) but we risk other teams coming in and swooping him away (like biyombo)
images are not permitted in sigs