2150 posts
592 upvotes
Global Village
Wow, we're getting CJ Miles from Indy! Giving up Cory Jo

Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7213 posts
237 upvotes
Im so glad we got rid of Carroll. I dont care if we had to give up those picks. Get him out of here. Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2302 posts
1048 upvotes
Vancouver
Would be nice to finally get some reliable 3pt shooting.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11225 posts
1475 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CJ Miles seems like a solid player for us. Looking forward to his contributions.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15676 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
if everything goes through as it should, we will be under the tax currently.. release Hamilton that we got in the Carroll trade...and can get the mid level and the vet min exceptions by being under the tax

C - JV / Poeltl / Bebe
PF - Ibaka / Siakam
SF - Miles / Bruno / OG
SG - Derozan / Powell
PG - Lowry / Wright / Van Vleet

use those two exceptions to fill out the final 2 spots of the above roster...basically 2 more SF/SG players that can shoot 3s
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3619 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
Funny headline at nba.com regarding the latest Raptors trade LOL!

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9835 posts
894 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 5:31 pm
if everything goes through as it should, we will be under the tax currently.. release Hamilton that we got in the Carroll trade...and can get the mid level and the vet min exceptions by being under the tax

C - JV / Poeltl / Bebe
PF - Ibaka / Siakam
SF - Miles / Bruno / OG
SG - Derozan / Powell
PG - Lowry / Wright / Van Vleet

use those two exceptions to fill out the final 2 spots of the above roster...basically 2 more SF/SG players that can shoot 3s
Has Caboclo improved at all? He now entering the last year of the "2 years away from being 2 years away" and it doesn't even seem like he's ready to even be coming off the bench. Looks like he needs more playing time and he's not going to get it riding the end of the bench for the Raps. I would think even an injured OG is higher on the depth chart than Caboclo. I'm starting to think Caboclo is 3 years away from being 3 years away.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2895 posts
994 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 3:44 pm
Goodbye Cory Joseph. You sucked big time.
You are full of it. CoJo went through some terrible shooting slumps, but he always played with guts and determination. I will take a guy who is struggling but makes the effort over a guy who has ability but is just lazy. (Looking at you, Jonas. I sure hope you're the next one out the door. Culture change.)
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
makaturing wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:32 am
You are full of it. CoJo went through some terrible shooting slumps, but he always played with guts and determination. I will take a guy who is struggling but makes the effort over a guy who has ability but is just lazy. (Looking at you, Jonas. I sure hope you're the next one out the door. Culture change.)
Look I get it. You hate JV, but please stop with saying he's lazy because he did nothing but give it his all everytime he was on the court and he never complained about how he was used or how little play time he got from Casey. JV is the epitome of a team player where he cares less about personal stats and more about being a good soldier for the team that doesn't bitch or complain much about anything unlike douchebag players like Cousins that so many people love so much. Also If you're going to give props to Cojo for playing with heart even while he sucked alot, then at least give JV some props for doing the same while sucking much less.

And also even if you trade JV, it isn't going to change SHIT because there's NEVER going to be any 'culture change' as long as Casey is the coach and Demar and Lowry are here. Those are the main three guys that are responsible for the culture and identity of this team and the Raps aren't ever going to change much with all of them here. They can all say the right things just like they did last year, but the fact is their on court performances does't match their words and as much as Casey loves to talk about team ball, at the end of the day its still going to be Demar and Lowry running the show and probably continue to play the hero ball. I mean sure there may be stretches where the Raps actually look like they're playing as a team, but that's going to be shortlived like its been for the past several years.

And at this point, I'm hoping JV gets traded off the Raps because he doesn't deserve this shit anymore where he's constantly the punching bag and the black sheep of the team and where the coach literally doesn't give a damn about playing and developing him. Hopefully he'll get traded to a team that will finally give him a legit chance to play and where there's a coach that is actually interested in helping him improve instead of staying on the shit show that is the Toronto Raptors.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7213 posts
237 upvotes
makaturing wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:32 am
JV isnt lazy though. He is just not being utilized properly. But yes, Cojo is a great back up PG and can hit big shots. Only 25 yrs old.

I wish we kept him and got rid of Delon. He can hit 3's which is where the league is going.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5957 posts
127 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:25 pm
JV isnt lazy though. He is just not being utilized properly. But yes, Cojo is a great back up PG and can hit big shots. Only 25 yrs old.

I wish we kept him and got rid of Delon. He can hit 3's which is where the league is going.
and much cheaper.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2302 posts
1048 upvotes
Vancouver
Derozan showing some fire in drew league!