Apr 4, 2009
566 posts
64 upvotes
http://www.torontosun.com//2017/07/10/i ... ocker-room

The locker room was divided last season and no wonder why Carroll, Tucker, Patterson wanted out. Carroll mentions ISO ball being the downfall
“I wasn’t happy, my agent, we thought the style of ball was going to be different, it was going to be more team-oriented, but I guess it was still ISO, so I thought they would have moved me last year, but that didn’t happen.”
“If you’ve been playing ISO ball so long, and that’s all you know, it’s going to be kind of hard. I think you have to bring certain guys in, certain coaches in, to really build that type of culture and I feel like Toronto is an ISO team, that’s what they win off (of), that’s what they’ve been playing off of for five, six years now.”
“But once adversity hits and stuff starts going wrong, guys are going to go back to ISO basketball, that’s how it is. You’ve got to trust it. It’s one of those things you’ve got to build, you’ve just got to trust each other. This year, I feel like a lot of guys didn’t trust each other and a lot of guys, they didn’t feel like other guys could produce or (be) given the opportunity, so there was a lot of lack of trust on our team, so that’s what hindered us from going (as far as they wanted to go).”
It's funny - Raptors managed to beat the Bucks when they went away from ISO ball after game 3. I never seen them make so many cross-court passes and ball movement since post Rudy Gay trade

Even the Raptors 905 team run a much more modern offense that emphasizes ball movement :lol:

Anyway 3 more years of being the next Atlanta Hawks and we can finally begin our culture change
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3671 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Jermyzy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 5:01 pm
Derozan showing some fire in drew league!

Too bad he doesn't show even a fraction of that fire while playing defense where he's the laziest POS on the court.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4450 posts
773 upvotes
Mississauga
Canada wins U19 Gold at FIBA tournament. That's some progress.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18945 posts
1338 upvotes
kitchensink wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 6:14 pm
http://www.torontosun.com//2017/07/10/i ... ocker-room

The locker room was divided last season and no wonder why Carroll, Tucker, Patterson wanted out. Carroll mentions ISO ball being the downfall

It's funny - Raptors managed to beat the Bucks when they went away from ISO ball after game 3. I never seen them make so many cross-court passes and ball movement since post Rudy Gay trade

Even the Raptors 905 team run a much more modern offense that emphasizes ball movement :lol:

Anyway 3 more years of being the next Atlanta Hawks and we can finally begin our culture change
that's mainly on the coach - Casey sucks.....has no offensive system or schemes.........iso is ok fo certain situations but you need a coach that has the offensive creativity to mix it up....good example is Brad Stevens....he has some really creativity match-ups and he likes to use he positionless system....

But we also need players that buy in and held accountable to make it work....something Casey won't do.....whelp, let's see if Masai can get some changes in this year, esp. offensive-wise!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6711 posts
197 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 9:36 pm
that's mainly on the coach - Casey sucks.....has no offensive system or schemes.........iso is ok fo certain situations but you need a coach that has the offensive creativity to mix it up....good example is Brad Stevens....he has some really creativity match-ups and he likes to use he positionless system....

But we also need players that buy in and held accountable to make it work....something Casey won't do.....whelp, let's see if Masai can get some changes in this year, esp. offensive-wise!
Casey have a terrible offensive scheme. Still, Patterson and Carroll should be the last to whine about iso ball. They missed so many open shots. They werent even being defended anymore because they were so garbage.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Apr 4, 2009
566 posts
64 upvotes
Patterson throwing a jab

Apparently Raptors weren't hungry enough to win, and that he WANTS to play for another coach.

Tucker, Patterson both mentioning with their new teams they want to "win" in a more competitive conference. For less money to boot

Says alot about the Raptors
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6711 posts
197 upvotes
kitchensink wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 3:22 pm
Patterson throwing a jab

Apparently Raptors weren't hungry enough to win, and that he WANTS to play for another coach.

Tucker, Patterson both mentioning with their new teams they want to "win" in a more competitive conference. For less money to boot

Says alot about the Raptors
OKC wants to win?. Why did they cheap out on Harden?.

Patterson sounds like he is hurt. Ujiri probably low balled him. He didnt do anything significant here. He should just move on instead of being salty.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5932 posts
115 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 3:27 pm
OKC wants to win?. Why did they cheap out on Harden?.

Patterson sounds like he is hurt. Ujiri probably low balled him. He didnt do anything significant here. He should just move on instead of being salty.
agreed with this on patterson, dont think the raps offer him a contract, i think he's jabbing at the other teams who offered him more money.

for tucker, playing with cp3 and harden is a no brainer at 4 years 32 mill.. raps probably made an offer around 3 years 30 mil, and most likely gets the starting nod there too.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2847 posts
966 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
Tucker, Patterson, Carroll throwing salt. Why didn't you prove your sorry asses when you were here? It's the coaches' fault? Bullshit.

I can't knock Tucker's gritty play, but Patterson and Carroll were handed open shots over and over again and failed to knock them down. That's the coach's fault? He put you in the position where you're supposed to excel, and you couldn't do it. That ain't Casey's fault, that's YOUR fault.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1252 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
makaturing wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:46 pm
Tucker, Patterson, Carroll throwing salt. Why didn't you prove your sorry asses when you were here? It's the coaches' fault? Bullshit.

I can't knock Tucker's gritty play, but Patterson and Carroll were handed open shots over and over again and failed to knock them down. That's the coach's fault? He put you in the position where you're supposed to excel, and you couldn't do it. That ain't Casey's fault, that's YOUR fault.
Patterson was more worried about which film festivals to attend, which IG hoe to bang, how much coke to snort and what hoes are gonna be at lost and found to party with him.

While Carroll was worried about which tacky outfit he's going to wear to the game or where to go shopping for 5 hours and waste his 72 million on more tacky clothes
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6711 posts
197 upvotes
makaturing wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:46 pm

Pretty much. Raptors is known for overpaying players too. They really just needed to not suck. They had more than enough oppurtunities to prove it.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4195 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Tomy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:57 am
agreed with this on patterson, dont think the raps offer him a contract, i think he's jabbing at the other teams who offered him more money.

for tucker, playing with cp3 and harden is a no brainer at 4 years 32 mill.. raps probably made an offer around 3 years 30 mil, and most likely gets the starting nod there too.
Tucker 4th year contract is not a sure ball, only the first 3 yrs is.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1878 posts
465 upvotes
Global Village
Jermyzy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:04 pm
Raptors interested in Diaw?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/07/ ... oris-diaw/
It would be a move for the playoffs only, he's too slow to play the running game but he can set some screens, rebound, intelligent passer, not really a consistent 3-point threat though and we need players that are. If we can get him for the minimum though I'm all for it.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10903 posts
1299 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Rajon Rondo signs a one year contract with the New Orleans Pelicans. People will complain all they want about Raptors being a treadmill team, but with all this talent in the West, I'm happy we're going to make the 2018 playoffs while simultaneously having a bunch of young players to develop. As long as Casey doesn't play our stars when we blow out an opponent, our young guys should get some playing time and a chance to develop as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Jermyzy