Nov 19, 2014
851 posts
236 upvotes
Why would the Cavs trade a 25 year-old All-star Championship PG that puts up huge playoff numbers that no one can guard for a PG exiting his prime who tends to put up poor playoff numbers?

What incentive do the Cavs have to do this?

If I were the Cavs I'd just keep Irving. Keep the group together for another Finals run. Then next year when LeBron leaves its Irving's team so he gets what he wants. Build the offense around him and Love.
I'm At The W, But I Can't Meet You In The Lobby, Girl I Gotta Watch My Back, Cuz I'm Not Just Anybody, I Seen Em' Stand In Line, Just To Get Beside Her, That's When We Disappear, You Need GPS To Find Her, Oh That Was Your Girl? I Thought I Recognized Her."
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1592 posts
1066 upvotes
Corner3 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 2:56 pm
Why would the Cavs trade a 25 year-old All-star Championship PG that puts up huge playoff numbers that no one can guard for a PG exiting his prime who tends to put up poor playoff numbers?

What incentive do the Cavs have to do this?

If I were the Cavs I'd just keep Irving. Keep the group together for another Finals run. Then next year when LeBron leaves its Irving's team so he gets what he wants. Build the offense around him and Love.
you can't build anything after Lebron leaves cuz of the luxury tax carried over from all the signing / trade requests made by LeBaby
Nov 19, 2014
851 posts
236 upvotes
Androidmarshmellow wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 2:59 pm
you can't build anything after Lebron leaves cuz of the luxury tax carried over from all the signing / trade requests made by LeBaby
You already have 2 all-stars in place Irving and Love, so you don't really need to attract another big-name All-star to be a Top 4 seed in the East. I think people forgot about how good Love was when he was in Minessota (a 20/10+ guy every night). Plus, Love can post-up and hit the 3, which makes him an easy modern big to build around.

The JR Smith contract isn't actually bad, he's vastly underrated. There aren't many role playing wings that can score or hit the type of shots he hits during the Finals. He's not afraid of the moment, and swung some games for the Cavs during the last 2 finals runs. I wish he was a Raptor. I think Norman Powell isn't afraid of the moment in the same way, which is more than any of our other players can say.

Thompson is heavily overpaid. But at least he's productive (he's not useless, like Demarre Carroll). I'd rather a very overpaid productive player (Thompson), over an overpaid useless player (Carroll). The Cavs would go into 2018-19 season with:

Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Kyle Korver
JR Smith
Kyrie Irving

That's good enough to make the playoffs. Which is more than what Irving would do with the Knicks. You can play a similar 4 and out Pick and Roll like the Rockets do, spread the floor for Irving. Love goes back to getting more looks in the post.
I'm At The W, But I Can't Meet You In The Lobby, Girl I Gotta Watch My Back, Cuz I'm Not Just Anybody, I Seen Em' Stand In Line, Just To Get Beside Her, That's When We Disappear, You Need GPS To Find Her, Oh That Was Your Girl? I Thought I Recognized Her."
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4591 posts
842 upvotes
Mississauga
Raptors sign Canadian PF Kyle Wiltjer to a non-guaranteed $1.3M contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1958 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 4:10 pm
Raptors sign Canadian PF Kyle Wiltjer to a non-guaranteed $1.3M contract.
He could go lights out from 3 if he makes the team

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4591 posts
842 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 4:53 pm
He could go lights out from 3 if he makes the team

Yeah, it's certainly a low-risk, potential high-rewards signing.

He helped carry Gonzaga in his years there after transferring from Kentucky.

They probably see him, having the potential to (to a lesser extent) fill into 2Pat's old role, as a PF with 3-pt threat off the bench.

He certainly hasn't gotten much of a shot, so it'll be intriguing to see if he cracks the team.
Aug 16, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
raptors should trade for kyrie irving, trade kyle lowry for him, can that be done or not?

kyrie would be a much better tandem with derozan because he demands too much from the defense.

my opinion.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1958 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
Jermyzy wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 10:39 pm
Raptors sign KJ McDaniels to 1 year contract

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/ ... mcdaniels/
It will be an interesting training camp with McKinney vs McDaniels battling for the roster spot until OG is healthy enough to play. It might come down to who shoots better from 3.
Could Bruno make things interesting and finally earn that spot instead?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1958 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
reayen wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 1:05 pm
raptors should trade for kyrie irving, trade kyle lowry for him, can that be done or not?

kyrie would be a much better tandem with derozan because he demands too much from the defense.

my opinion.
It can be done if the Cavs wait till Dec 15th to trade Kyrie, Kyle can't be traded before then. Kyrie is a better fit offensively with Demar, if the plan is to transition Demar to PG Kyrie would make an outstanding scoring guard.
Aug 16, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
damn, then it is a long shot to make that happen, i dont think the cavs will wait for the season to start before they trade him.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3588 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
Do you think Kyrie is a better player than Lowry? If you do, then ask yourself why on earth would the Cavs trade him to Toronto and improve the roster of a conference rival while at the same time weakening their roster.

The Cavs will not be trading him here.
Jan 15, 2013
216 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville
pintobean wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:22 pm
Do you think Kyrie is a better player than Lowry? If you do, then ask yourself why on earth would the Cavs trade him to Toronto and improve the roster of a conference rival while at the same time weakening their roster.

The Cavs will not be trading him here.
true but kyrie want out no matter what... they have to trade him before he is a free agent to get something of value or else (nothing)