Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
If I'm the Cavs I wait until I get an offer for a high potential younger player like Porzingis or Wiggins in return, they may be without Kyrie and Lebron the following season so they'll need youth to rebuild. If I don't get that I don't trade him even though he won't like staying there. He's on contract for 2 more seasons, they can gamble on selling him as being "the guy" in 18/19 if Lebron leaves or trade him then.
Feb 13, 2015
877 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Kyrie and Demar backcourt? That also means good bye defense lol
Jan 15, 2013
255 posts
11 upvotes
Oakville
th12mq wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 9:42 pm
Kyrie and Demar backcourt? That also means good bye defense lol
They never had defense lol .. at least it would be an overwhelming offensive power to basically just get more points than the other team lol ... 100+ every game :P
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3615 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
Boston gets Kyrie in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first round pick (most likely a top 5 pick).

I think Cleveland is the winner here. That draft pick is going to be a star player who can help rebuild the team if Lebron leaves.

Still don't think this is enough to push the Cavs past GS...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
^ i think they have done some solid moves to be able to get past GSW...

last years finals wasnt as lop sided as it looked afterwards... Cavs threw away game 3... it definitely shoulda went back to GSW tied 2-2 and then anything could have happened...but Durant with that monster dagger and some terrible offense run by Kyrie before that in the final 3 minutes imo...

now you switch in Thomas instead of Kyrie...which wont be a big drop off, if at all IMO....add in a veteran, former MVP Rose off the bench instead of a guy like Deron Williams.. and then you add a proven 3 and D guy in Crowder that can get up in Durants face, letting Lebron play D on Draymond instead....i like their chances personally!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4581 posts
816 upvotes
Markham
Actually he played pretty sizable minutes in D league. 34 and 27 min per game 2015-16 and 2016-17 averaging almost 15 and 10 pts, 6.5 and 5.4 rebounds

https://www.basketball-reference.com/dl ... br01d.html
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 13, 2015
877 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I agree Bruno wont be a star in the league. However I think he has a potential to be a great role player in the league. His development isnt as fast as people would like to be but hes on his way.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3615 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 4:03 pm
Interesting Demar article about a possible shift to shot strategy.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/8/29 ... a-80837617
I thought that article was a joke. It keeps talking about how great it would be if DD developed a 3-point shot and was able to hit the shots at 41%.

Ummm... Of course it would be great. But is it realistic to expect him to improve his shot by 14%?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36662 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
pintobean wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 10:22 pm
I thought that article was a joke. It keeps talking about how great it would be if DD developed a 3-point shot and was able to hit the shots at 41%.

Ummm... Of course it would be great. But is it realistic to expect him to improve his shot by 14%?
I wonder whats the nba record for most improved shooting percentage.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
^ looking at that article.. seems most guys end up getting about 50%...Lowry got 42% but Curry was only a little more at 44%....

lets say kyle got closer to 50% if he were to have went somewhere else... thats about $2million extra this year... definitely a lot... but you got to also take into fact what kind of endorsement deals Lowry can get here, in Canada vs. going to a smaller market team just for the less in taxes... would Kyle really get big endorsement deals if he were in smaller markets like Charlotte, Milwaukee, OKC, etc.... i dont think he would get too much... but here in Canada, he has a whole country to work with in getting endorsements..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Wilmega