• Feb 17th, 2019 3:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5041 posts
978 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pintobean wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 8:33 am
From the article linked above: "Mirotic, 26, averaged 10.6 points and 5.5 rebounds per game last season, and was expected to start for Chicago this season...Portis, 22, averaged 6.8 points and 4.6 rebounds last season, and was battling Mirotic for the team's starting power forward spot."

Will be interesting to see if they give Portis that starting spot now.
should Portis even be suspended for fighting AND injuring one of their star players? not like Portis has much leverage in all of this. He's no Lebron or Curry
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3386 posts
1090 upvotes
Global Village
Portis is bound to be suspended, although the article says Mirotic charged at him twice before Portis TKO'd him, isn't he supposed to defend himself?
If the Bulls wanted to tank this season they're on the right path.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
Either suspend both or suspend none.

Obviously the article is just providing a point of view, but no way of knowing how it really transpired. Wonder if there was an opportunity for the coach to nip it before it got to the point of a full-on fight. Was it physical pushing and shoving during scrimmaging with abrasive trash talking, that should have signaled ending the practice or something.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 2:43 am
^ And you can thank Bobby Portis for breaking his own teammate's jaw and making Thursday's game even easier to win.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2105 ... bby-portis
With Jimmy Butler gone and a bunch of G-league scrubs the Bulls are trotting out these days you might as well pencil in a win for the Raptors. The Bulls organization is a joke.

What happened to the coaching staff to break up this fight? Did they sit on their hands and watch the fight instead of breaking it up? The season hasnt even started for that team and the tank is steamrolling lmao
Aug 16, 2017
847 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Portis suspended for 8 games. Easy win for the raps today lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6140 posts
1598 upvotes
Markham
reayen wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 10:07 am
Never say "easy" with the Raps as you you never know which team decides to show up to play. I've seen too many times, they win tough games and lose what should be easy ones.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
DimsumDeals wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 10:07 am
102-81 with 5:12 to go. CJ Miles going off. Pencil in that win.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12380 posts
2007 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Watched 2/3 of the game and I like our ball movement and the way we played in general. My only concern is our starters not doing too well today, generally speaking.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4039 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga
geokilla wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 10:46 pm
Watched 2/3 of the game and I like our ball movement and the way we played in general. My only concern is our starters not doing too well today, generally speaking.
Only Demar was really bad offensively although he did pass the ball around decently. JV was pretty good, Lowry decent, Ibaka sucky, Norman decent. It remains to be seen if the Raps can move the ball around consistently because they always start off doing that and then as the season goes along they revert back to their old ways.

Seriously this is probably the least hyped I've been for the start of the Raps season in a few years now, mostly because I hate having to watch Casey still be our coach and also because with pretty much the same core players, it feels like we have no hope of going very far in the playoffs yet again and in general the NBA is pretty damn boring these days when only the super teams are battling for the championship and everyone else is just playing out the regular season before packing it up.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3386 posts
1090 upvotes
Global Village
Demar looked uneasy out there, he's being asked to stop scoring midrange outside the paint (basically half his game so far) and contribute in other ways. He needs to run, pass ahead limiting how long the ball stays in his hands, penetrate when possible, create buckets for others, shoot the 3 when open, rebound and play D. His scoring numbers will plummet if he does this but everyone else will get more touches and he might average triple doubles many nights. Trouble is you can't expect a midrange scorer to change his game that dramatically AND remain a deadly midrange option outside the paint when the team needs him, it's a different mentality so he shouldn't be expected to bail them out offensively like he did so many times last season.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3386 posts
1090 upvotes
Global Village
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 3:04 pm
With Jimmy Butler gone and a bunch of G-league scrubs the Bulls are trotting out these days you might as well pencil in a win for the Raptors. The Bulls organization is a joke.

What happened to the coaching staff to break up this fight? Did they sit on their hands and watch the fight instead of breaking it up? The season hasnt even started for that team and the tank is steamrolling lmao
They are bound to trade Robin Lopez to someone this season to tank even more.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5041 posts
978 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scoper wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:20 am
Demar looked uneasy out there, he's being asked to stop scoring midrange outside the paint (basically half his game so far) and contribute in other ways. He needs to run, pass ahead limiting how long the ball stays in his hands, penetrate when possible, create buckets for others, shoot the 3 when open, rebound and play D. His scoring numbers will plummet if he does this but everyone else will get more touches and he might average triple doubles many nights. Trouble is you can't expect a midrange scorer to change his game that dramatically AND remain a deadly midrange option outside the paint when the team needs him, it's a different mentality so he shouldn't be expected to bail them out offensively like he did so many times last season.
might as well trade DD. His game is mid range jumper and he's been doing that since day 1. Hard to beat that habit.
Aug 16, 2017
847 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
CJ Miles was on point last night, looks like a decent upgrade from demarre carole.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
When we got CJ Miles, I thought it was a good pickup.

When they mentioned during the game the surprising stat that he was number two in the league last year in corner 3-point FG% with 52% or something higher, I was like, DAYAMMM, that's a great pick up. That's as good as automatic.