• Nov 13th, 2018 9:48 am
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3069 posts
916 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:13 am
When we got CJ Miles, I thought it was a good pickup.

When they mentioned during the game the surprising stat that he was number two in the league last year in corner 3-point FG% with 52% or something higher, I was like, DAYAMMM, that's a great pick up. That's as good as automatic.
He has the advantage of playing against subs off the bench also, if he keeps shooting like this he'll be a serious 6th man of the year candidate. By the playoffs teams will scheme to take away his 3 and make others take the shots.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4649 posts
777 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:39 pm
with their new strategy and the addition of CJ Miles, popeyes will be giving it away every home game.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5581 posts
1228 upvotes
Markham
Hate seeing the minutes he's playing Lowry and DeMar even though we have a good lead and backups are doing ok. It's a long season and guys (Lowry especially) are not the most durable and have to play injured. Rather rest them a bit and let them stay freaher as the season progresses.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12035 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
gr8dlr wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:52 am
Hate seeing the minutes he's playing Lowry and DeMar even though we have a good lead and backups are doing ok. It's a long season and guys (Lowry especially) are not the most durable and have to play injured. Rather rest them a bit and let them stay freaher as the season progresses.
Lowry played only 31 minutes against the Bulls. You're not happy with Casey cus he played Lowry 31 minutes? I think if Lowry and DeRozan average around 30 to 35 minutes per game, it'll be good. We still need to win games you know?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5604 posts
1261 upvotes
Mississauga
geokilla wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 12:01 pm
Lowry played only 31 minutes against the Bulls. You're not happy with Casey cus he played Lowry 31 minutes? I think if Lowry and DeRozan average around 30 to 35 minutes per game, it'll be good. We still need to win games you know?
Yeah, but these were the lowly Bulls, there was no need to have DeMar or Lowry out there towards the end at any point in time. 25-28 minutes should have sufficed.

It's a long season, but Lowry has always logged one of the highest MPG the past few seasons (37+ the last two)...he is the workhorse and engine of the team. Casey should be aiming to have Lowry in the low 30's and when you have the guy playing 31 in a blowout game against a garbage team, the average is only going to go up when we play the good teams and the tight games.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12035 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kenchau wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 3:30 pm
Yeah, but these were the lowly Bulls, there was no need to have DeMar or Lowry out there towards the end at any point in time. 25-28 minutes should have sufficed.

It's a long season, but Lowry has always logged one of the highest MPG the past few seasons (37+ the last two)...he is the workhorse and engine of the team. Casey should be aiming to have Lowry in the low 30's and when you have the guy playing 31 in a blowout game against a garbage team, the average is only going to go up when we play the good teams and the tight games.
What if because it's early in the season, he wants our players in while they work on different rotations, chemistry, and what not? Siakam only played garbage minutes for example when I expected him to come off the bench before OG.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3069 posts
916 upvotes
Global Village
OG and Jakob are developing a nice chemistry out there. I think there are a lot of good things to come from those 2 playing together.

I have to say, when I saw Jakob in preseason I was disappointed he didn't bulk up his body in the offseason, he looks identical to last season. Bulking up though would have slowed him down, he looks a bit faster and more confident with a year under his belt.
All day I dream about sports
Aug 16, 2017
727 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Jonas Valanciunas Injured...

Jakob and Lucas will get more minutes and maybe Ibaka can play some 5?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5975 posts
142 upvotes
until how long would they stop passing the ball?
they as in derozan and lowry.

but i love this new brand of basketball..
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8545 posts
300 upvotes
Tomy wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 4:32 pm
until how long would they stop passing the ball?
they as in derozan and lowry.

but i love this new brand of basketball..
Yeah I like it too. Our bench is pretty solid too. Delon is really looking like a real NBA player now. Very confident and makes very smart plays.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5604 posts
1261 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 6:46 pm
Yeah I like it too. Our bench is pretty solid too. Delon is really looking like a real NBA player now. Very confident and makes very smart plays.
Yeah man. I was very high on him when the Raptors picked him up. He's the reason why CoJo had to be dealt, which was tough, but necessary. VanVleet is decent for a third stringer PG too.

Wright and Powell will be the new "Lowry and DeRozan" when the three contracts are up in three years. Haha.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12035 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
If only we could rebound better...
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3949 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
geokilla wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:06 pm
If only we could rebound better...
Remember JV sucks and he isn't an important part of the team........ :rolleyes:
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12035 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MaximDude wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 7:48 am
Remember JV sucks and he isn't an important part of the team........ :rolleyes:
One person does not change our rebounding last night. The whole team needed to rebound but they just stood and watched half the time.