Oct 24th, 2017 7:48 am
Remember JV sucks and he isn't an important part of the team........ :rolleyes:
But he does though. Truth hurts
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2145 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Could it be we have the best bench in the league?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2145 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
WHAT. A. GAME!!!

Despite the loss this game was a triumph, they truly played as a team against the best team on the planet, Kyle and Demar's D was fantastic, Pascal had the game of his life, Jakob was sensational, the ball was moving, the bench dominated again, there is so much to like.

I'd like to take a moment once again to thank the NY Knicks for trading us Jakob for ...Andrea Bargnani! lol
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:33 am
And so does Demar, Lowry, Ibaka and Casey. Raps were beating GS with the bench guys and Casey HAD TO break up what was working and put in the vets to lose the game when we were up by 5 with less than 2 mins to go. :rolleyes: Like I said time and again nothing has changed with Casey and his stupid decision and all the good things our young guys did was wasted because our supposed 'stars' were utter garbage when the game was on the line.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
MaximDude wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 1:10 am
And so does Demar, Lowry, Ibaka and Casey. Raps were beating GS with the bench guys and Casey HAD TO break up what was working and put in the vets to lose the game when we were up by 5 with less than 2 mins to go. :rolleyes: Like I said time and again nothing has changed with Casey and his stupid decision and all the good things our young guys did was wasted because our supposed 'stars' were utter garbage when the game was on the line.
And if JV was out there it would make a huge difference right? Lmao
Dude would be glued to the bench in crunch time, he's useless against teams like GSW

I wanna see this franchise give the keys to your god JV and see how many wins they get..nvm I mean how many ping pong balls they can get for that lottery
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
Facts are facts. JV is an elite offensive talent with average D. He would at least dominate down low if guarded by Durant. But he would also get owned on the other end.

Against a team like GSW, you cant have Ibaka and Jakob late trying to guard these much faster guys. Both got destroyed by Durant in the last few minutes.

We missed our chance to go up 7 with like 1:45 left when Lowry missed a pretty easy 10 to 12 footer and Jakob missed the put back.

In the end, their stars hit their shots late and our stars didn't. Plain and simple.
Apr 4, 2009
594 posts
73 upvotes
Pascal was easily the star of the game here - at least for the Raptors.

10-0 run all by himself and..... actually defended Curry surprisingly well in some plays.

https://streamable.com/fqibs

Even Poeltl, if not for Delon completely ignoring Curry, Durant had nowhere to go on that play
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11212 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
If you guys watched the post game interview, Durant praised Poetl for grabbing the rebounds, getting those 2nd chance opportunities, playing tough defense, etc. For Durant to praise Poetl, well I don't know about you but to me, that's pretty sick.
kitchensink wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:20 am
Pascal was easily the star of the game here - at least for the Raptors.

10-0 run all by himself and..... actually defended Curry surprisingly well in some plays.

https://streamable.com/fqibs

Even Poeltl, if not for Delon completely ignoring Curry, Durant had nowhere to go on that play
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7198 posts
239 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:33 am

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

X10000000000
scoper wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 11:23 pm
Could it be we have the best bench in the league?
Our bench is definitely deep. The Raptors is just refreshing to watch not seeing Carroll in the line up. I feel like I have less stress in my life. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11212 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Lol Draymond is shocked to learn Poetl got 11 offensive rebounds.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:21 am
And if JV was out there it would make a huge difference right? Lmao
Dude would be glued to the bench in crunch time, he's useless against teams like GSW

I wanna see this franchise give the keys to your god JV and see how many wins they get..nvm I mean how many ping pong balls they can get for that lottery
I never said JV would be a franchise player, but clearly he can help this team when he's on the court alot of the time. And also JV can't help if dumbass Casey insists on keeping him on the bench even when Lowry, Demar and Ibaki are crapping the bed.

Right now you have to be INSANE to believe that the same 'stars' on our team that have had 4 straight failed playoffs can all of a sudden turn things around and have us beat the top teams in the East let alone a team like GS. Even our best playoff run in recent memory was because of players other than our stars leading the way. Just look at the Leafs and how they finally realized that they needed a serious overhaul rather than simply more bandaid solutions and they traded both Kessel and Phaneuf away along with other players that weren't cutting it and look at where they are now.

Would the Leafs be where they are now if they had continued to be stubborn and kept trying to build around those two guys? I doubt it. The Raps are in that same position now where Lowry and Demar just aren't cutting it and it was Masai's two biggest mistakes in resigning both of them instead of letting them go or trading them. Much like the Leafs in the past, Masai is just delaying the inevitable with his moves. We have good young players that we can build around and tanking to get a potentially really good player or even a star seems much better to me than to keep running with Demar and Lowry a few more years before we do that rebuild anyways. The Leafs were bad for over a decade because they refused to admit defeat and rebuild and the Raps are doing the same now and wasting valuable rebuild time.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1326 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
MaximDude wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 7:56 am
I never said JV would be a franchise player, but clearly he can help this team when he's on the court alot of the time. And also JV can't help if dumbass Casey insists on keeping him on the bench even when Lowry, Demar and Ibaki are crapping the bed.

Right now you have to be INSANE to believe that the same 'stars' on our team that have had 4 straight failed playoffs can all of a sudden turn things around and have us beat the top teams in the East let alone a team like GS. Even our best playoff run in recent memory was because of players other than our stars leading the way. Just look at the Leafs and how they finally realized that they needed a serious overhaul rather than simply more bandaid solutions and they traded both Kessel and Phaneuf away along with other players that weren't cutting it and look at where they are now.

Would the Leafs be where they are now if they had continued to be stubborn and kept trying to build around those two guys? I doubt it. The Raps are in that same position now where Lowry and Demar just aren't cutting it and it was Masai's two biggest mistakes in resigning both of them instead of letting them go or trading them. Much like the Leafs in the past, Masai is just delaying the inevitable with his moves. We have good young players that we can build around and tanking to get a potentially really good player or even a star seems much better to me than to keep running with Demar and Lowry a few more years before we do that rebuild anyways. The Leafs were bad for over a decade because they refused to admit defeat and rebuild and the Raps are doing the same now and wasting valuable rebuild time.
Didnt bother reading the rest of your essay but quote me anywhere in this thread where I said this franchise would go anywhere with Derozan and Lowry as your main pieces.

The way this roster has been constructed this team isnt going anywhere. Sure they've had a great regular season record the last 4 years, but choke in the playoffs as scheduled. Anytime they go up against elite teams they lose, they are nothing but pretenders.

This team needs a bonafide superstar to take them to the next level, not 2 fake all stars like Derozan and Lowry. Ibaka? LOL
Nov 12, 2014
142 posts
29 upvotes
Kingston, ON
scoper wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:59 am
WHAT. A. GAME!!!

Despite the loss this game was a triumph, they truly played as a team against the best team on the planet, Kyle and Demar's D was fantastic, Pascal had the game of his life, Jakob was sensational, the ball was moving, the bench dominated again, there is so much to like.

I'd like to take a moment once again to thank the NY Knicks for trading us Jakob for ...Andrea Bargnani! lol

Except the last 2 minutes where Kyle and Demar played ISO ball again instead of keeping with the team strategy....see SId's rant from last night.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Casey has got to go
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a