Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it just me, or does OG literally never pass.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Pascal continues making a strong case he deserves to start. If Norm continues his shooting slump Pascal will take his starting spot.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
^ that sophisticated technology hasn't done anything yet... team has shot 29% from 3pt so far this season...and it has gone down every game so far.... game 1 45%, game 2 29%, game 3 27% game 4 24%, game 5 24%....pretty ugly... especially when you are attempting 35 3PT a game...

whats sad is.. through 5 games, they are averaging 58% from 2pt shots... 3 pt shots... 51 of 173... leads to 153 points... if all those shots were 2 pt (yes i know its a small sample, cant only take 2s)...58% of 173 is 100... 100 x 2 points = 200 points... so based on our current numbers, we are losing 47 points so far because of 3 pt shots...

if all we are going to do is shoot 30% from 3... all you had to do is shoot at least 45% from 2pt to make it a better strategy just to shoot 2pt shots instead of 3pt shots..
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4581 posts
816 upvotes
Markham
Raptors should rehire Dave Hopla as shooting coach/consultant if they want to improve shooting.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
grappos13 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 2:29 pm
^ that sophisticated technology hasn't done anything yet... team has shot 29% from 3pt so far this season...and it has gone down every game so far.... game 1 45%, game 2 29%, game 3 27% game 4 24%, game 5 24%....pretty ugly... especially when you are attempting 35 3PT a game...

whats sad is.. through 5 games, they are averaging 58% from 2pt shots... 3 pt shots... 51 of 173... leads to 153 points... if all those shots were 2 pt (yes i know its a small sample, cant only take 2s)...58% of 173 is 100... 100 x 2 points = 200 points... so based on our current numbers, we are losing 47 points so far because of 3 pt shots...

if all we are going to do is shoot 30% from 3... all you had to do is shoot at least 45% from 2pt to make it a better strategy just to shoot 2pt shots instead of 3pt shots..
Shooting more 2's is the past, if your opponent out-shoots you from 3 they are more likely to win today. You still need plan B mid-range and attack-skilled players for when your 3's aren't dropping though. You wouldn't expect the tech to be as helpful to the older players with more established shots, if it helps the younger guys, OG, Fred, Pascal and future rookies then it's potentially a game-changer for the team longer-term. Pascal's shot especially looks much more improved from 3 than last season.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11197 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lol Cleveland Cavaliers just got destroyed. What's this thing about needing a superstar to win a championship? They've been playing awful basketball.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
^ u definitely need a superstar to win.

Only team in like nba history to win the title and not have a top 10 player in the league that season is the 2004 pistons...and even then, Big Ben made 2nd team all NBA but i wouldnt have put him in top 10.

Cavs lost on the road to a good team while not having their 1st and 2nd string PGs....they will be fine..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5965 posts
1270 upvotes
The Cleveland Cavaliers are mostly the same team as last year minus Kyrie Irving but their talent level has improved.
The replacement All-Star starting PG Isaiah Thomas and former MVP Derrick Rose are injured.

Dwyane Wade is already old. Wade is almost 36 now but still better than Ian Shumpert or JR Smith.
geokilla wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 9:16 pm
Lol Cleveland Cavaliers just got destroyed. What's this thing about needing a superstar to win a championship? They've been playing awful basketball.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
A lot of the "super" teams have lost some surprising games. It's early in the season, hardly counts to them. They're just working things out and fine-tuning things. I mean Memphis and Orlando are the two first place teams of their respective conferences. Obviously not going to stay that way.

Steve Kerr said it best, "if I asked my team to bring the focus and intensity of the playoffs all the time, we'd burn out by December". He made that statement on the back of a statement Justin Verlander made regarding burning out if he were to bring a playoff-type intensity to every start and he only starts every five games.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
geokilla wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 9:16 pm
If Love has an off shooting night, if Thomas doesn't come back able to make enough 3s to space the floor for them I think we have a chance to beat this team in the playoffs. Crowder, Wade, Rose, Shumpert don't scare me from 3, too inconsistent to be threats you can't leave unguarded outside most nights. Unless Lebron declares he's re-signing next season the Cavs won't give up valuable picks and assets to bring in reinforcements this season.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11197 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lmao now Cavaliers got destroyed by New York Knicks. This is jokes.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 3:00 pm
If Love has an off shooting night, if Thomas doesn't come back able to make enough 3s to space the floor for them I think we have a chance to beat this team in the playoffs. Crowder, Wade, Rose, Shumpert don't scare me from 3, too inconsistent to be threats you can't leave unguarded outside most nights. Unless Lebron declares he's re-signing next season the Cavs won't give up valuable picks and assets to bring in reinforcements this season.
grappos13 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 9:20 pm
^ they dont need re-inforcements... MAYBE they go for some if they arent healthy by Februrary.. but if they have a healthy roster, there is no room for anyone... heck, an amazing 3pt shooter like korver cant even get minutes on the team...
They will be fine when Rose comes back. They just need an average able-bodied guy to run the point, which Rose is more than capable of. That will free up LBJ to do more of his thing. I don't think LBJ is 100% right now either. So all in good time. By mid-November, they'll be running smoothly I say.

Thomas unfortunately, looks like he may not be back until early 2018. Although, some are hopeful he would be back in December.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)