Jan 4, 2017
141 posts
38 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:18 pm
For the system to work they have to continue to commit to it and let it come. Everyone's still getting used to the offense - drop off in ppg for DeMar and Kyle should be expected given they are charged with moving the ball more. Once it becomes second nature and it's not on their minds, then their heads will be clear and they'll be back to hitting those 3's.
Just like yesterday, except for that 4th quarter typical Raptor meltdown, they drove and kicked out, swung, and swung for a 3. They never moved the ball that well last season. Guys were hitting, and then in the 4th when they weren't, it went back to hero ball with kyle/demar.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1316 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Should have given the rock to JV...just saying
Jan 4, 2017
141 posts
38 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:35 am
Should have given the rock to JV...just saying
Ahaha in the 4th, DC brought JV back into the game, then took him out 2 plays later for Siakam.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11197 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jesguerra wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:52 am
Ahaha in the 4th, DC brought JV back into the game, then took him out 2 plays later for Siakam.
To be fair, JV was getting destroyed on defense in the 4th. Siakam was much more mobile as Matt said.
Jan 4, 2017
141 posts
38 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:54 am
To be fair, JV was getting destroyed on defense in the 4th. Siakam was much more mobile as Matt said.
Agreed. I think he was in foul trouble as well? Can't recall.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3615 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
They've finally officially announced that promo that was rumoured in the preseason... Get 3 free chicken fingers from Popeye's when the Raptors score 10 or more 3-pointers in a game. Saw it on the Raptors Facebook feed. You need to download the Raptors app to redeem.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
pintobean wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:09 am
They've finally officially announced that promo that was rumoured in the preseason... Get 3 free chicken fingers from Popeye's when the Raptors score 10 or more 3-pointers in a game. Saw it on the Raptors Facebook feed. You need to download the Raptors app to redeem.
How does the app determine if you had a ticket?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3615 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:48 am
How does the app determine if you had a ticket?
It doesn't seem to be restricted to ticket holders. Looks like anyone can go get it. I predict lots of complaints as stores mysteriously run out of chicken fingers or take 40 minutes to cook 3 pieces.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
pintobean wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:09 am
Popeys has no idea of the free chicken finger tsunami they signed up for...Do away games count also?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Kyrie is out today. This is twice the Raps have benefited because key opposing teammates have hurt each other.. Thank you Aron Baynes.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
What a missed opportunity to end their streak. The closing lineup of Kyle with Fred was gutsy yet effective.

JV had some especially stupid fouls tonight, years of NBA experience and he has yet to learn when it makes sense to foul and when not to
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2895 posts
994 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
What a painful way to lose. DD missed his final shot, but Ibaka had the rebound in his hands under the basket and all he had to do was jump up and stuff it in before the buzzer. But he fumbled the ball and it slipped through his fingers. Arrrrgh!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3747 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Seems like this is par for the course with the Raps the past few years:

- Talk about culture change
- Less ISO ball, more team ball
- Better player rotations

First few games of every season we see the Raps playing well and like an actual team and looking like they've been reformed and then after that they slide back into the same old habits and nothing's really changed. At this point, I'm not even angry about it and don't really care much whether they win or lose anymore. I said at the end of last season that if the Raps didn't make changes that I would lose interest in them and that's exactly what happened.

I'll still watch them when I can, but I'm not emotionally invested in them anymore so win or lose it makes no difference to me now. Kinda sucks, but I can't get behind this team anymore and root for them the way I use to. They just frustrate and piss me off too much these days.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4101 posts
625 upvotes
Abbottabad
78 Million a year for Dero/Lowry and Ibaka. How does Masai still even have a job?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2895 posts
994 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
MaximDude wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:53 pm
They just frustrate and piss me off too much these days.
Yeah, you should get behind your Leafs instead. This basketball sh*t is a waste of time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)