Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6995 posts
289 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:11 pm
78 Million a year for Dero/Lowry and Ibaka. How does Masai still even have a job?
But have u seen Cleveland’s payroll? With IT’s contract coming up, I’m not sure how they’re going to keep anyone.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4485 posts
2215 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
78 Million a year for Dero/Lowry and Ibaka. How does Masai still even have a job?
Masai is an average GM at best.

Re-signed Kyle to a horrible overpaid deal. Ibaka best days are behind him. Demar is Demar Mr. Iso... the most predictable player in the NBA.

Signed T Ross to a deal when he underperformed. JV is performing well but have two low cost options behind him and now desperate to dump him. Norman is struggling but it's early lets see. Had to dump Demarre who he signed to a horrible deal to Brooklyn for picks.

Drafted- Bruno (BLAH), Delon (Average), Poeltl (outperformed), Siakam (decent for his slot), OG (so far so good)... drafting he's not bad at. Bruno was a horrible pick but hey your allowed one of those.

So since he came in the Raps have virtually just running on a treadmill and really havent elevated to the next level...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Sanyo wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:04 am
Masai is an average GM at best.

Re-signed Kyle to a horrible overpaid deal. Ibaka best days are behind him. Demar is Demar Mr. Iso... the most predictable player in the NBA.

Signed T Ross to a deal when he underperformed. JV is performing well but have two low cost options behind him and now desperate to dump him. Norman is struggling but it's early lets see. Had to dump Demarre who he signed to a horrible deal to Brooklyn for picks.

Drafted- Bruno (BLAH), Delon (Average), Poeltl (outperformed), Siakam (decent for his slot), OG (so far so good)... drafting he's not bad at. Bruno was a horrible pick but hey your allowed one of those.

So since he came in the Raps have virtually just running on a treadmill and really havent elevated to the next level...
To me Masai's absolutely best move here was signing Biz to that 1 year 2.8 mill steal of a deal, it helped us elevate our D from good to elite without hurting our offence as much as most expected it would. Even now with his horrendous 17mill per year contract if Orlando offered Biz + pick for JV I'd take that deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Because he is very good at finding talent through draft and unloading bad contracts.

Shareholders could care less about who is running it. As long as the raptors make the playoffs every year. This current Raptor squad can easily do that for a couple of years.

Masai has put up a decent squad but the weak link is the coaching. Casey is a regular season coach.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2142 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Great 1st half. The Fred-Kyle-Delon lineup experiment is a thing of beauty, OG is playing like a rookie of the year candidate.
Feb 13, 2015
875 posts
126 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Wow OG playing really well out there.
Him and Powell are going to be competing for minutes.. if Powell doesnt step his game up I think OJ moves into starting line up?

It would be cool to see a CJ miles and Powell second unit
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3747 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
I already like the way OG plays way more than I ever liked the way Demar plays. Guy looks like he can score decently, hit some 3 balls and most importantly, he's playing better defense now than Demar has EVER played in his entire career.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Feb 13, 2015
875 posts
126 upvotes
Oakville, ON
MaximDude wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:57 pm
I already like the way OG plays way more than I ever liked the way Demar plays. Guy looks like he can score decently, hit some 3 balls and most importantly, he's playing better defense now than Demar has EVER played in his entire career.
cool
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2895 posts
994 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
MaximDude wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:57 pm
I already like the way OG plays way more than I ever liked the way Demar plays.
Yes, we've heard you don't like DeMar.

Try this: DeRozan: 27 points in 33 minutes... 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 steal.

Who's an all star?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1316 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
makaturing wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:22 am

Try this: DeRozan: 27 points in 33 minutes... 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 steal.

Who's an all star?
to be fair, where are these numbers in the playoffs when it matters the last few years?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3747 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
makaturing wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:22 am

Who's an all star?
Right because being an inefficient scorer who volume shoots their way into good box numbers is all that's needed to win championships in the NBA. Let's just look at all the rings that another famous volume shooter in Carmelo has won in his career.........oh wait. :rolleyes:

The point is just as we keep saying that the Leafs can't outscore their problems, the same goes for Demar who for a guy that plays 35+ mins a night is often a net negative when he's on the floor because he can't play defense worth a damn. How sad is it that OG in his first few games as an NBA pro is already playing infinitely better defense that Demar EVER has in his entire career? If OG can play responsible defense, why can't 'allstar' Demar do the same and not often make it a 4 vs 5 for the Raps on defense?

And let's not even mention his playoff performances which have been mostly PUTRID. Where the Raps need their 'star' to rise to the occasion the most, more times than not he's bombed out along with Lowry and its up to the rest of the team to carry those two slugs.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:34 am
to be fair, where are these numbers in the playoffs when it matters the last few years?
To be fair, when the ones who are supposed to be hitting their wide-open 3's keep missing continuously in the playoffs, it doesn't help his numbers, and it also allows the defense to focus more on him

No need for people to pull all their hair out; to think Championship possibilities when there is a Western Conference team with two superstars alongside two all-stars, is simply a waste of time. There shouldn't be talk of playing for a Championship or anything silly. #GetReal
Last edited by kenchau on Nov 15th, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1316 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:32 am
To be fair, when the ones who are supposed to be hitting their wide-open 3's keep missing continuously in the playoffs, it doesn't help his numbers, and it also allows the defense to focus more on him
Well if he's the cornerstone of this franchise and the so called "man"...as an "all star" you put your team on your back and will them to win, even if they're out there clanking their shots. I still don't see him doing that in the playoffs and its been 4 years straight choking when it counts.

Demar is the modern day incarnation of Jerry Stackhouse, both of their careers are pretty similar and both share the same style of play. And look how many championships did Stackhouse win.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:33 am
Demar is the modern day incarnation of Jerry Stackhouse, both of their careers are pretty similar and both share the same style of play. And look how many championships did Stackhouse win.
That is a little unfair. Teams had to go through Lebron's superteam and Golden State to win a championship.

It will take way more than one all star to win. A well oiled machine and a championship coach is needed. Casey is a regular season coach.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

bobbings