Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2632 posts
704 upvotes
Global Village
Casey has given all of Norm's minutes to Delon and I can't blame him. Delon is the best player on the floor tonight.
All day I dream about sports
Feb 13, 2015
938 posts
141 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I agree said to see Norms minutes get eaten up by Delon and OG. Hes a great player imo, but after his injury OG stepped up and showed what he was capable of.
Before it seemed like we paid a great amount for him but now he seems overpaid cause we do not utilize him.
Norm seems to be forcing his game because hes trying to make something happen and try to regain his minutes:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5309 posts
1103 upvotes
Mississauga
Tonight the Celtics played their 41st game, while the Raptors only played their 36th.

I can understand a difference of 2-3 games, but five?!?! Seems like a drastic gap in games played.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11642 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Our starters need to play better, as does Norman Powell. Tonight we got bailed by our Shadow Team. We're so ridiculously deep that even if half our team plays bad, the other half can step up and get the work done. Our PGs are just ridiculously good.
kenchau wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:24 pm
Tonight the Celtics played their 41st game, while the Raptors only played their 36th.

I can understand a difference of 2-3 games, but five?!?! Seems like a drastic gap in games played.
Boston is playing a game in London, UK later. They get tons of rest before and after the game.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4192 posts
673 upvotes
Abbottabad
DeFraud DeFrozen is on fyre.

Resign to 10 year max deal. Get er done Masai.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5309 posts
1103 upvotes
Mississauga
JV came to play today. Prior to the previous game, he was busy tweeting. Today, he's all business - no pre-game tweets.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6479 posts
1532 upvotes
An argument could be made for DeRozan only due to time served and longevity on the team.
Carter and even Bosh are ahead of DeRozan.

Without McGrady, Carter never played on a Raptors team that had as much overall skill and depth as the DeRozan era Raptors.
While on the Raptors, Carter never played with a good starting Point Guard.

Alvin Williams was Carter's starting PG. Alvin could never create and beat defenders off the dribble due to bad knees.
Williams would only swing the ball around the perimeter and take mid to long range jump shots.
Then Carter had the likes of washed up Jalen Rose, Rafer Alston, Dion Glover, and Milt Palacio when Alvin Williams was injured.
The rest of Carter's supporting cast was below average usually.
scoper wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:35 pm
Demar, the greatest ever to wear the uniform?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/ ... -ever.html
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8319 posts
288 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:50 am
An argument could be made for DeRozan only due to time served and longevity on the team.
Carter and even Bosh are ahead of DeRozan.

Without McGrady, Carter never played on a Raptors team that had as much overall skill and depth as the DeRozan era Raptors.
While on the Raptors, Carter never played with a good starting Point Guard.

Alvin Williams was Carter's starting PG. Alvin could never create and beat defenders off the dribble due to bad knees.
Williams would only swing the ball around the perimeter and take mid to long range jump shots.
Then Carter had the likes of washed up Jalen Rose, Rafer Alston, Dion Glover, and Milt Palacio when Alvin Williams was injured.
The rest of Carter's supporting cast was below average usually.
Carter is still better than Demar but if DD can be a better defender and hit more clutch shots, he can be the best Raptor.

Demar just need a couple of crazy playoff game where he just takes over.

DD definitely got the scoring down. He is a better scorer than Vince now. Amazing to see.

Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6479 posts
1532 upvotes
Not downplaying DD's accomplishment but:
DeRozan scored 52 points but he needed overtime to score that many and the final score was 131-127 in extra time.

Carter has scored 51 points in a game 2 times (once in New Jersey) in his career with the final score being less than 100 points scored for either team at the end of regulation time.
That means he scored over 50% of his team's points those two games.

As for other Raptors, Terrance Ross also scored 51 once but he did not face double team coverage, therefore it was easier for him.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
2073 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:35 pm
Demar, the greatest ever to wear the uniform?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/ ... -ever.html
Not yet but close. I would put him ahead of Bosh but still slightly behind Carter. Demar needs to step up his playoff play and have some memorable playoff performances to get past Carter, IMO. Hopefully we see that this year...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6592 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Tough schedule coming up this week, Cleveland and GS at home. Winning one of them would be enough for me. Lose both and I'm comfortable predicting another second round exit to the Cavs.
Nov 3, 2014
604 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
3 PG's and Derozan playing the PF spot to close the game vs Brooklyn
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2632 posts
704 upvotes
Global Village
Man that fall by Kyle looked really bad. The guy is such a tenacious rebounder he commits his entire body going up for it. Hope nothing is broken.

Quincy Acy pushed him from behind as he was landing causing the bad fall, dirty play imo.
All day I dream about sports
Nov 3, 2014
604 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
scoper wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:16 pm
Man that fall by Kyle looked really bad. The guy is such a tenacious rebounder he commits his entire body going up for it. Hope nothing is broken.

Quincy Acy pushed him from behind as he was landing causing the bad fall, dirty play imo.
Yep that was more on Acy undercutting him than Harris trying to grab the rebound

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

notenoughsleep