Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11328 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
When I first turned on the game, I thought there was a problem with the score. Lol wow.
Feb 13, 2015
912 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Im waiting for a party pooper to post and point out all the Raptors flaws and to tell us to take this game with a grain of salt lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2258 posts
630 upvotes
Global Village
Here's a question, say you're coaching the Raps, the team is down 1 with 15 secs to go and you have to draw up a final shot play for a Raptor other than Demar (he'll be double-teamed) or Kyle (will have their best defender on him). Who is the 3rd Raptor player you are drawing up a play to take the final shot and win you the game?

I am increasingly convinced that 3rd player should be Fred.
Jan 12, 2017
398 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver
so sick of hearing media saying how Cavs are just taking it easy and they don't care about reg seasons
It's not just this game, every damn game they lose.
Was LBJ screaming at his teammates, just before the half, to go more easy and relax?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1390 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Cavs look old out there against the Raps. No Lowry and no Ibaka either and they got beat the F down on national TV in the US as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11328 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Masai said he's getting a lot of phone calls from GMs asking about our shadow team. I can't see how trading away one of them would benefit our team. The chemistry is strong with the shadow team, everyone plays and compliments each other very well. I'd argue trading one or two players away may actually weaken us.
scoper wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:14 am
Here's a question, say you're coaching the Raps, the team is down 1 with 15 secs to go and you have to draw up a final shot play for a Raptor other than Demar (he'll be double-teamed) or Kyle (will have their best defender on him). Who is the 3rd Raptor player you are drawing up a play to take the final shot and win you the game?

I am increasingly convinced that 3rd player should be Fred.
I'd give it to Fred VanVleet as well. I didn't like him at first but he's really stepped it up and better than Norman Powell right now.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3958 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:21 am
Masai said he's getting a lot of phone calls from GMs asking about our shadow team. I can't see how trading away one of them would benefit our team. The chemistry is strong with the shadow team, everyone plays and compliments each other very well. I'd argue trading one or two players away may actually weaken us.

I'd give it to Fred VanVleet as well. I didn't like him at first but he's really stepped it up and better than Norman Powell right now.
i dont mind trading away Norm or even Delon...but it all depends what we get back
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4939 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
geokilla wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:21 am
What about for someone like Nikola Mirotic? Bulls are looking to trade him (Utah rumoured to be the likely destination). I would give Powell for Mirotic. 3-point shooting big man. He's only 26 (Powell is 24). Mirotic can also play the 3 (SF position). Chicago might be okay with a 1st-rounder for Mirotic as that is what they are primarily looking for.
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:33 am
i dont mind trading away Norm or even Delon...but it all depends what we get back
Not Delon. Are you crazy?!?! The dude is a 6'5" PG. You can't teach height. That's a great asset to have for a point guard, especially for when we are past our Lowry days. Wright is only 25 years old.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1937 posts
100 upvotes
danny3526 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:58 pm
This game vs Cavs is already very shady

How is Cleveland favourites by -3 vs Raptors without Lowry and Ibaka?

I looked at the refs and I don't see any notorious ones like Scott Foster or Ed Malloy
spot on Winking Face
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3958 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:00 am
What about for someone like Nikola Mirotic? Bulls are looking to trade him (Utah rumoured to be the likely destination). I would give Powell for Mirotic. 3-point shooting big man. He's only 26 (Powell is 24). Mirotic can also play the 3 (SF position). Chicago might be okay with a 1st-rounder for Mirotic as that is what they are primarily looking for.

Not Delon. Are you crazy?!?! The dude is a 6'5" PG. You can't teach height. That's a great asset to have for a point guard, especially for when we are past our Lowry days. Wright is only 25 years old.
do u expect to get top talent back by giving away junk?
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4939 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:24 am
do u expect to get top talent back by giving away junk?
Some teams are after draft picks.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1390 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
I would not trade any of the young guys on the bench. They have a nice chemistry between them going on right now.

Mirotic? Good lord no...as Bulls fan watching this guy play is infuriating. Chucker, low bball IQ, no defense. You guys will pull your hairs out if he's on your team. Stay far far away.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7483 posts
247 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:44 am
Cavs look old out there against the Raps. No Lowry and no Ibaka either and they got beat the F down on national TV in the US as well.
This is what happens when the NBA dont rig games. I was actually really surprised they let them play. I was waiting for some serious refball after halftime.

Maybe the ref got caught off guard. Who knows but I will enjoy this for a long long time because NBA will make sure this doesnt happen again.

Kenny looks pissed that the Raptors won. Face With Tears Of Joy. Priceless.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎