Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4936 posts
999 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:03 am
I would not trade any of the young guys on the bench. They have a nice chemistry between them going on right now.

Mirotic? Good lord no...as Bulls fan watching this guy play is infuriating. Chucker, low bball IQ, no defense. You guys will pull your hairs out if he's on your team. Stay far far away.
Fair points. I don't disagree.

But it's a 3-point game now. He's hitting the 3's at 46% this season and taking more attempts per game. Come playoff time, it's going to come down to whether or not our supporting cast can hit those open shots. They couldn't last year and we got annihilated.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1389 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:51 am
Fair points. I don't disagree.

But it's a 3-point game now. He's hitting the 3's at 46% this season and taking more attempts per game. Come playoff time, it's going to come down to whether or not our supporting cast can hit those open shots. They couldn't last year and we got annihilated.
He's just on a hot streak. When his percentages comes back down to earth you're going to want to punch him in the face for constantly trying to shot 45 ft 3pt shots like he's Curry.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2256 posts
630 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:00 am
What about for someone like Nikola Mirotic? Bulls are looking to trade him (Utah rumoured to be the likely destination). I would give Powell for Mirotic. 3-point shooting big man. He's only 26 (Powell is 24). Mirotic can also play the 3 (SF position). Chicago might be okay with a 1st-rounder for Mirotic as that is what they are primarily looking for.

Not Delon. Are you crazy?!?! The dude is a 6'5" PG. You can't teach height. That's a great asset to have for a point guard, especially for when we are past our Lowry days. Wright is only 25 years old.
I am with you on Delon, his recurring shoulder issues worry me but his defensive length and instincts and his offensive improvement make him close to untouchable for me right now.

I am not with you on Mirotic, his 12 mill contract puts us in the luxury tax and he can't guard wings or bigs. What we need for the playoffs is another rim-protecting big who can stay on the floor when Serge is out. I really like that rookie Bam Adebayo, I'd be all over Miami to try to get him.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4734 posts
864 upvotes
Markham
Refs tried hard to turn the Cavs fortunes around by calling a lot more fouls on the Raptors.

After 3 qtrs, they had 27 free throws and we only had 10... At that time we were leadng by 28 points and we were outrebounding them 51 to 28.

We were far more aggressive in our play ...you would think we would have been fouled much more often.

Thoughts?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4936 posts
999 upvotes
Mississauga
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:58 pm
Refs tried hard to turn the Cavs fortunes around by calling a lot more fouls on the Raptors.

After 3 qtrs, they had 27 free throws and we only had 10... At that time we were leadng by 28 points and we were outrebounding them 51 to 28.

We were far more aggressive in our play ...you would think we would have been fouled much more often.

Thoughts?
That is every single time we play the Cavs...including in the playoffs.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4734 posts
864 upvotes
Markham
kenchau wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:03 pm
That is every single time we play the Cavs...including in the playoffs.
Tried searching for full game stats and couldn't find anything. It would be interesting to see... You need to break it down by quarter as well.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2256 posts
630 upvotes
Global Village
Nobody other than Demar can make a bucket tonight and we're getting destroyed inside. They played last night, hopefully they'll get tired in the 2nd half?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11328 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
scoper wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:22 pm
Nobody other than Demar can make a bucket tonight and we're getting destroyed inside. They played last night, hopefully they'll get tired in the 2nd half?
Yeah we're missing shots we normally make. Too much partying last night?
Penalty Box
Oct 20, 2007
3766 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
This is why I don't follow the NBA much. Refs were biased as hell against the Raps like they always are. I don't know if there's any team in the league that gets more questionable calls against them than the Raps do. Seriously EFF the NBA and if the Raps weren't apart of it I'd stop watching it altogether.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Nov 3, 2014
521 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mark Cuban pointing out the Raptors can protest the last couple of seconds of the game. KD was out of bounds when he was fighting with Poeltl on that play....

Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, Ed Malloy, Ken Mauer. Adam Silver's four horsemen to protect the superstar teams
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11328 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
danny3526 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:35 pm
Mark Cuban pointing out the Raptors can protest the last couple of seconds of the game. KD was out of bounds when he was fighting with Poeltl on that play....

It didn't look like Durant was out of bounds. If anything, the phantom call on Poetl was a bigger issue. Changed the pace of the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3644 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
I was saying the exact same thing as Mark Cuban. They didn't whistle the play when the ball hit Derozan's leg while he was out of bounds so how are they allowed to review that? They only whistled the play 2 seconds later, when Curry knocked it out, so that should have been the only play under review. It's BS that they reversed it back even further than the whistle to see if Derozan was out of bounds. Complete bias against the Raptors.

I'm looking forward to the official Last Two Minutes review (if they even do it anymore) to see how they try to explain away the bias. Poetl's foul call was crap and the out of bounds play was too. But I guarantee they'll find some off-setting Raptors misdeeds to make themselves feel better. They'll say something like Powell fouled Draymond on the play that caused the jump ball so it should have been GS ball with Draymond shooting 2 free throws anyways.
Last edited by pintobean on Jan 13th, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 3, 2014
521 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
geokilla wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:59 pm
It didn't look like Durant was out of bounds. If anything, the phantom call on Poetl was a bigger issue. Changed the pace of the game.
https://imgur.com/wQeqvlu

On top of that, they were reviewing if Curry touched it last and that was the ruling on the floor. Instead the refs reviewed something that happened seconds before Curry touching it last.... a different action from the play
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3481 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
danny3526 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:35 pm

Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, Ed Malloy, Ken Mauer. Adam Silver's four horsemen to protect the superstar teams
they whistled Curry for knocking the ball out of bounce. they can't go back a few seconds and rule something they missed. why don't they just sit there and review the whole game.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig