Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11599 posts
1661 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Allen84 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:01 pm
At this rate, I think Popeye's is going to increase promo to 15 3pts. I know the Raptors pay for this promo, but every time I walk in there to redeem, i get a little snarky attitude from the cashier or supervisor.
I've had nothing but positive experiences. In fact, I got extra chicken tenders once.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3761 posts
1544 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 11:31 am
As of today, your Toronto Raptors are first place in the Eastern conference.

In Masai we trust.
^ Biggest bandwagon fan I've ever seen. Almost every post you make in this thread is trashing the players that Masai has assembled here, but as soon as they get to first place, you suddenly switch to "in Masai we trust". I can just picture you at Jurassic Park in April acting like the Raptors' biggest supporter. Hate "fans" like you.
iamskyhigh wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 8:33 am
Trade Serge Ibaka. Cancer in the clubhouse.
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 7:05 am
DeFraud DeFrozen is on fyre.

Resign to 10 year max deal. Get er done Masai.
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 3:15 pm
CJ Miles is horrendous. Get this scrub off the team.
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 8:53 pm

Best time to trade him. Get er done Masai!
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 10:49 pm
The Dero and Blowry from the playoffs showed up tonight.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
pintobean wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:21 pm
^ Biggest bandwagon fan I've ever seen. Almost every post you make in this thread is trashing the players that Masai has assembled here, but as soon as they get to first place, you suddenly switch to "in Masai we trust". I can just picture you at Jurassic Park in April acting like the Raptors' biggest supporter. Hate "fans" like you.
To be fair, I read his "positive" tweets with sarcasm. So I don't necessarily believe he's a bandwagon fan. Just a fan that in so far, hates the circumstances the Raptors have been in thus far (great regular season, awful playoffs), like a lot of fans.

(Disclaimer: I am not one of those said fans. I still believe.)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2973 posts
1019 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
iamskyhigh wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:11 pm
78 Million a year for Dero/Lowry and Ibaka. How does Masai still even have a job?
Don't forget this one. Nov 13th.
Jan 12, 2017
517 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver
As expected... all the first take, undisputed etc etc.. analysts are carving Cavs name into a stone to be eastern conference champion.
Can new team beat Celtics or Raptors? isn't even a question needs discussing ... rollseyes
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4192 posts
673 upvotes
Abbottabad
Don’t hate the player y’all, hate the game.
Aug 16, 2017
449 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
news outlets completely ignoring the fact raptors is in first place now, all they talk about is how the cavs are the clear favourite / team to beat in the east after they made the trade...
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2048 posts
474 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DimsumDeals wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:16 pm
news outlets completely ignoring the fact raptors is in first place now, all they talk about is how the cavs are the clear favourite / team to beat in the east after they made the trade...
Realistically, they are. They got better and will make it tough to clear the east.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
djdestroyer wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:26 pm
Realistically, they are. They got better and will make it tough to clear the east.
I think they have become more like us, overly relying on the outside shot, there will be nights when their outside shots aren't dropping and they'll be beatable.
In retrospect I am glad we didn't give up any assets to get better this season, when Love comes back if they stay healthy they'll have too many points of attack for us to handle. Our best bet against them is in the 1st round imo, the longer they play together in the playoffs the tougher they will be to beat, get them early with Love not quite 100% when they still have coverage gaps and you have more of a window. Their new young guys don't have much if any playoff experience, take advantage of that early. Sounds crazy but we should start tanking, rest Kyle and Demar more, drop to 7 or 8, wherever we need to be to face the Cavs 1st and give them everything we've got. What's the point of getting to the 2nd and 3rd round and losing to them again? Fight for the 1 seed and hope Lebron gets hurt? He has proven year after year he can stay healthy and playoff wear and tear has little effect on him. If we're sure we can't beat them now I guess the argument would be continue to avoid them so your young guys get more playoff experience and get better next season with Lebron possibly gone but that's too defeatist. It's all about beating them or nothing this season, go big or go home.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3761 posts
1544 upvotes
Toronto
DimsumDeals wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:16 pm
American media will never talk about the Raptors unless they get to the Finals. But this morning all the major analysts moved the Raptors up in their weekly NBA Power Rankings.

ESPN has them ranked #3 behind Houston and GSW, while CBS, NBA.com, and Sports Illustrated all have them at #2 behind Houston. I don't think they've ever been ranked so highly.

One of the rankings also pointed out that the Raptors are the only team in the NBA to be in the Top 5 for both offensive (4th) and defensive (3rd) ratings. I was surprised to see that.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10569 posts
1247 upvotes
RFD
Mayoo wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 5:28 pm
Damn.. look at that reborn Cavs.. this is not good :(
These pieces look like they fit well and there are more offensive weapons. Not sure about the defense, but they should be able to outscore most teams most nights. Cavs definitely have got better and I would say significantly. This is very bad news for Raptors, I wish Cavs didn't do anything so the Raptors could roll into the finals.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
At least the Raptors are getting some love across the board in the latest Power Rankings at the 3rd spot behind Houston and Golden State. The only exception being from David Aldridge, he actually has the Raptors ranked 2nd ahead of Golden State at 3rd - his reasoning:
I get that Andre Iguodala may be saving himself for the playoffs. But since Dec. 1, he’s made just eight 3-pointers since Dec. 1 and is shooting 17.8 percent (8 of 45) from there.
Interesting tid-bit on the Raptors recent five-game win streak:
DeMar DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas have shot a combined 19-for-42 (45 percent) from beyond the arc during the streak, but Toronto’s five-man bench unit is a ridiculous plus-83 in 56 minutes over last four games (C.J. Miles missed the first game of the winning streak).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5972 posts
140 upvotes
let's see how long can LBJ stays motivated.
when he's motivated, he's unstoppable, but once he stops, the wheels will fall apart.
images are not permitted in sigs