• Oct 21st, 2018 5:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5562 posts
1244 upvotes
Mississauga
AlAlonzo32 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:33 pm
Is this the longest we have been in 1st place?
It's the latest point in the season that we've been in first place in the conference.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5514 posts
1205 upvotes
Markham
Dreamrider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:52 pm
As expected... all the first take, undisputed etc etc.. analysts are carving Cavs name into a stone to be eastern conference champion.
Can new team beat Celtics or Raptors? isn't even a question needs discussing ... rollseyes
Funny thing....even before the Cav's played their first game, they said the Cav's were unbeatable. I think they had the Raptors ranked down around 6 or 7. Fact is you have to play the game not just submit the player lineups.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jun 22, 2015
36 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know where I can get good prices on raptors tickets other than those listed on BST on rfd? Or is this the best reliable choice?

Thank you in advanced.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5562 posts
1244 upvotes
Mississauga
maazss wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:41 pm
Does anyone know where I can get good prices on raptors tickets other than those listed on BST on rfd? Or is this the best reliable choice?

Thank you in advanced.
Depends what game you're looking for.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2984 posts
1023 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
WTF was with that 4th quarter? They came within a whisker of blowing the Miami game. Not impressed.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3162 posts
764 upvotes
Parry Sound
makaturing wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:12 am
WTF was with that 4th quarter? They came within a whisker of blowing the Miami game. Not impressed.
They almost had us? They never had us - they never had the lead.. Ball hogging not passing like they should. They're lucky that hundred shot of Gatorade didn't blow their bladder on the run. They almost had us!?

Ask any baller. Any real baller. It don't matter if you win by a point or a blowout. Winning's winning.

Last edited by MayorOfToronto on Feb 14th, 2018 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2984 posts
1023 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
scoper wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:18 pm
we should start tanking, rest Kyle and Demar more, drop to 7 or 8, wherever we need to be to face the Cavs 1st and give them everything we've got.
Come on, man, let's get serious here. I do understand your point, but elevating the Cavs back to exalted status based on one game against the Celts is ridiculous. The Raptors have worked hard to get home court for every round, and that counts for a lot. If you get into a game 7 situation, you sure as hell don't want to play it in the other team's building. Drop to 7 or 8 when you have home court for every round?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2984 posts
1023 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:22 am
Ask any baller. Any real baller. It don't matter if you win by a point or a blowout. Winning's winning.
They were saved by the clock. You step up to the free throw line with the game on the line, you gotta make them. I saw two different guys flip them up there casually and miss. I also saw some shitty defence that allowed quick three pointers by Miami. When you are seconds from winning a game, you just can't have those lapses. They were awful at the end of the game. I have no doubt if Miami had another 30 seconds, Dragic would have beaten them.
Apr 4, 2009
711 posts
96 upvotes
makaturing wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:12 am
It's been an ongoing issue all season. The offense is the obvious example many people see, but I think our defense and rebounding has been absolutely atrocious to end these close games. Even our 3pt defense is among the best in the league, but for whatever reason we forget how to close out and defend at the 3pt line in clutch situations too....

I hate to say it, but I think this team misses the steady presence of Cojo, Patterson, and even Carroll who knew what to do on the defensive end. They were normally on opposing team's best players. Patterson was no slouch on pick and roll defense until his ankles gave out, Cojo was usually pressuring the ball handler, and we all remembered Carroll for his bricks and dribbling the ball, but he at least was able to switch and defend multiple positions and secure a rebound or three.

Like this is our clutch overall net rating this year so far:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/clutch-adva ... r%20Season

And this is last year:

I don't know if it's a trust issue with Lowry/Derozan and the rest of the guys on the floor, but something is definitely off with this team in these situations this year.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3162 posts
764 upvotes
Parry Sound
makaturing wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:30 am
They were saved by the clock. You step up to the free throw line with the game on the line, you gotta make them. I saw two different guys flip them up there casually and miss. I also saw some shitty defence that allowed quick three pointers by Miami. When you are seconds from winning a game, you just can't have those lapses. They were awful at the end of the game. I have no doubt if Miami had another 30 seconds, Dragic would have beaten them.
A win is a win is a win.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11977 posts
1862 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
makaturing wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:30 am
Yeah Lowry said so himself during that post-game interview. They played pretty poorly and had poor shot selection. In almost the final 5 minutes of the game, I think they scored only 2 points. Scary.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5562 posts
1244 upvotes
Mississauga
kitchensink wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:41 am
It's been an ongoing issue all season. The offense is the obvious example many people see, but I think our defense and rebounding has been absolutely atrocious to end these close games. Even our 3pt defense is among the best in the league, but for whatever reason we forget how to close out and defend at the 3pt line in clutch situations too....

I hate to say it, but I think this team misses the steady presence of Cojo, Patterson, and even Carroll who knew what to do on the defensive end. They were normally on opposing team's best players. Patterson was no slouch on pick and roll defense until his ankles gave out, Cojo was usually pressuring the ball handler, and we all remembered Carroll for his bricks and dribbling the ball, but he at least was able to switch and defend multiple positions and secure a rebound or three.

And this is last year:

I don't know if it's a trust issue with Lowry/Derozan and the rest of the guys on the floor, but something is definitely off with this team in these situations this year.
The problem is the team needs more close games to be able to get better at close games. It is easy to make the right plays when you're blowing a team out, but when it's a tight game and you're not frequently in that situation, some players get anxiety, which lead to mental lapses and such. That's why playoff experience is a thing for a lot of players because playoffs is that same feeling majority of the time.

I'm hopeful they'll get there. But if they keep blowing every team out, then I'll be less hopeful haha.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5514 posts
1205 upvotes
Markham
kitchensink wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:41 am

And this is last year:

Are you serious about the "steady presence" of Cojo, Patterson, Carroll comment?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11082 posts
1577 upvotes
RFD
I was hoping this would be the year Raptors would get past the Cavs and it was looking good while the Cavs were in shambleland, but that trade the Cavs always seem to be able to do, by fleecing other teams, has really paid dividends and turned a struggling embarrassing team to one that looks like they would be tough to beat in a 7 game series. I really had hoped they wouldn't be able to make any moves at the trade deadline Crying Face