Nov 3, 2014
611 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not bad at all.

However it would suck if Masai dumps Ibaka or JV along with an asset (pick or young player) to keep Fred VanVleet
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2709 posts
724 upvotes
Global Village
I'm surprised FVV signed with us so early, he could have waited a few more days to see if he can get more $ if LA and other teams strike out in free agency. Maybe the Nurse hire played a factor. Glad he's back.
All day I dream about sports
Nov 3, 2014
611 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
scoper wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 12:02 pm
I'm surprised FVV signed with us so early, he could have waited a few more days to see if he can get more $ if LA and other teams strike out in free agency. Maybe the Nurse hire played a factor. Glad he's back.
There's very few teams with cap space this summer, on top of needing a PG. Phoenix was the biggest threat but they stupidly gave all their cap space to a 1 year rental in Ariza.

The only teams left with cap space are the 76ers, Lakers, Chicago, Atlanta, Sacramento and potentially Utah. Lakers and 76ers have much bigger fish to fry and the other three teams are going to charge a premium for their cap space.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11713 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
LEBRON IS A LAKER! We're finally free.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11713 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
We're not going to win the NBA championship. WTF GSW
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2990 posts
660 upvotes
Miami
geokilla wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2018 9:03 pm
We're not going to win the NBA championship. WTF GSW
This year's NBA season was boring. Only the Raptors were exciting and that's because they're our home team. 76ers had a fun run last season if I really try to look at other teams.

The all-star weekend was boring. The one in Toronto was probably the best all-star weekend I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

The playoffs were boring for the most part. The finals were EXTREMELY boring I didn't even watch a majority of it.

The NBA is boring. This type of super-stacking ring-chasing bullshit needs to stop. Where is the competition?

I miss Kobe.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Apr 4, 2009
684 posts
88 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 8:52 pm
LEBRON IS A LAKER! We're finally free.
It's like the Raptors played dead while the bully was terrorizing the playground and the bully finally left.

At least the other kids in the playground stood up to the bully and wouldn't go down without a fight.
Aug 16, 2017
614 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
lets just consider the eastern conference finals to be our NBA finals then! lets go Raptors!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5298 posts
1080 upvotes
Markham
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2018 11:22 pm
This year's NBA season was boring. Only the Raptors were exciting and that's because they're our home team. 76ers had a fun run last season if I really try to look at other teams.

The all-star weekend was boring. The one in Toronto was probably the best all-star weekend I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

The playoffs were boring for the most part. The finals were EXTREMELY boring I didn't even watch a majority of it.

The NBA is boring. This type of super-stacking ring-chasing bullshit needs to stop. Where is the competition?

I miss Kobe.
+1

Last season, I think we were projected like 5 or 6 in the East and we ended up number one. I predict they will diss us again and say we're 4 or 5 this time.
I agree that the NBA needs to fix this free agency let's go get a ring mentality. They need to force teams to give up players/drafts if they sign one in free agency. It doesn't help when Ref's seem to pile on and stack odds for the super teams.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Apr 4, 2009
684 posts
88 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 11:44 am

I agree that the NBA needs to fix this free agency let's go get a ring mentality. They need to force teams to give up players/drafts if they sign one in free agency. It doesn't help when Ref's seem to pile on and stack odds for the super teams.
It's funny because the NBA predicted this would exactly happen if the NBAPA didn't go for a cap smoothing process.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/3/ ... salary-cap

This is all on Michele Roberts and Chris Paul for not agreeing with a cap smoothing process. Instead they went for the quick buck and we're seeing many players taking short term deals

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)

lfok23, ShoNuff2, Spiderpal93, kenchau, scoper