Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
The other thing is with all these key stars all going West there will be renewed calls to get rid of the East-West format and go to a best of 16 where you can have a GS - Houston or GS - Lakers finals. This may be our last best chance of going to the finals and we need to go all-in right now, even if it means giving up assets to get a 1-year Kawhi rental, even if it means going deep into the luxury tax to better compete with the Celtics.

Nobody wants to see another East team getting swept in the finals, I think the NBA is going to be under a lot of pressure to make the change for 2019-2020 and they will make this happen.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
kitchensink wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 12:53 pm
It's funny because the NBA predicted this would exactly happen if the NBAPA didn't go for a cap smoothing process.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/3/ ... salary-cap

This is all on Michele Roberts and Chris Paul for not agreeing with a cap smoothing process. Instead they went for the quick buck and we're seeing many players taking short term deals
Somewhere in Orlando Bizmack Biyombo is sipping a very expensive drink and smiling at all this...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
Even though we didn't have a draft pick this year I am curious to see this undrafted kid we signed, Rawle Alkins, shows flashes of a guy with a lot of potential.

Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2655 posts
1171 upvotes
Vancouver
Zach Lavine gets 4-years $80 million offer from SAC, matched by Bulls. Fared much better than Cousins even with the ACL injury!

edit: The contract also reportedly has an injury clause that protects the Bulls against LaVine’s surgically repaired knee. Make sense now
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:20 pm
Zach Lavine gets 4-years $80 million offer from SAC, matched by Bulls. Fared much better than Cousins even with the ACL injury!

edit: The contract also reportedly has an injury clause that protects the Bulls against LaVine’s surgically repaired knee. Make sense now
That's a big gamble of a deal imo and a huge overpay, didn't really show in Minnesota he can be a gamechanger worth that kind of $ or a good defender and his injury has hurt his athleticism a bit, I wouldn't be giving Lavine more than $10 mill per year at this point. Bulls have just saved the Kings from making a regrettable mistake with their cap room based on Lavine having really good games against them only.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6601 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 1:07 pm
The other thing is with all these key stars all going West there will be renewed calls to get rid of the East-West format and go to a best of 16 where you can have a GS - Houston or GS - Lakers finals. This may be our last best chance of going to the finals and we need to go all-in right now, even if it means giving up assets to get a 1-year Kawhi rental, even if it means going deep into the luxury tax to better compete with the Celtics.

Nobody wants to see another East team getting swept in the finals, I think the NBA is going to be under a lot of pressure to make the change for 2019-2020 and they will make this happen.
Maybe Siakam, Delon Wright, Poetl and a few second round picks would be enough. Problem is you would have to play Masai's big mistakes like Ibaka and Powell more when we lose those guys. IMO we don't have enough high ceiling young talent to make a trade.
Apr 4, 2009
680 posts
88 upvotes
Going all in on Kawhi is a no brainer.

Even when he leaves to the Lakers next year, it accelerates the full rebuild and teardown of this core. If there's a slim to nil chance of us making it to the finals, and he re-signs, the trade was completely justified. Even if it's one of the two. It's really a win win all around.

Masai acting scared and riding the same ship for the next two years is the absolute worst thing to do, and as Lowry puts it - "a wasted season"
Aug 16, 2017
590 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
i hope they dont trade demar, i just bought his Jersey last year :D
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18243 posts
6393 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol @ Pop trolling Kawhi

‘Oh you want to go to LaLa Land? How about we send you up to Canada to freeze your ass off instead. Pack your bag bud’

LOL
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
frogger wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 1:50 pm
Maybe Siakam, Delon Wright, Poetl and a few second round picks would be enough. Problem is you would have to play Masai's big mistakes like Ibaka and Powell more when we lose those guys. IMO we don't have enough high ceiling young talent to make a trade.
Nah, there would be little realistic expectation that we will re-sign Kawhi next summer so I don't think we can afford to gut our young core for him. Kyle Lowry and a pick should be our best offer if they won't take Ibaka, Powell. Fred moves to starting pg, Demar has shown he can carry some of the pg load along with Delon, I think we'll be better defensively and offensively in the playoffs with kawhi in (if he is healthy) and Kyle out. Spurs want to win now, they let Tony Parker walk and Kyle is a much better shooter than Murray, he will help them get in the playoffs next year and his contract allows them to get something in return for him next summer in a trade.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
With OG out Rawle Alkins goes for 25 and 11 today. We need to formally sign this kid before someone else does.