• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 9:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
Remember when Serge Ibaka could dunk from the free throw line.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6768 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
Lost his athleticism, eats too many questionable foods now ;)

kenchau wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 10:24 am
Remember when Serge Ibaka could dunk from the free throw line.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-awaiting-arr ... -1.1175472

This article made me think, what if Kyle Lowry asks to be traded right now? The org trust is surely gone after what happened with Demar and after this season we're headed for a re-build. If we are all in for this season we could pull another crazy move, trade Kyle for Jimmy Butler who has just asked to be traded from the Twolves, we hand over PG duties to Fred, Delon and a lineup of Fred-Kawhi-OG-Butler-JV could be lethal in the playoffs.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 1:51 am
https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-awaiting-arr ... -1.1175472

This article made me think, what if Kyle Lowry asks to be traded right now? The org trust is surely gone after what happened with Demar and after this season we're headed for a re-build. If we are all in for this season we could pull another crazy move, trade Kyle for Jimmy Butler who has just asked to be traded from the Twolves, we hand over PG duties to Fred, Delon and a lineup of Fred-Kawhi-OG-Butler-JV could be lethal in the playoffs.
Kyle is the heart of the line up and he makes the team go.

However, no telling how he'll be without his compadre this season. I do agree though, that even if Kyle doesn't ask to be traded right now, we're headed for a bit of a "soft" rebuild real soon - I only say soft because I think some of our kids have big upside, albeit not necessarily superstar level (like say a Jayson Tatum might have down the road, just as an example).

With all that said, if we could do a Kyle Lowry for Jimmy Butler straight trade, I would be all over that! Jimmy likes Toronto...because he always gets buckets against us. Face With Tears Of Joy
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4244 posts
712 upvotes
Abbottabad
Jimmy B to tdot for SI and KL.

Get er done Masai.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
iamskyhigh wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:32 am

Get er done Masai.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind throwing in Serge Ibaka as well...in fact, I would prefer it. Good call!

However, as much as Masai talks about keeping strictly business, and having to make tough decisions because of the personal side. I feel like he'll always treat Serge just a little bit better because of the whole Africa thing. So he's totally bias.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6768 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
More questionable attitude than Lowry and more injury prone, no thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
DimsumDeals wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:55 am
i don't like jimmy butler to be honest, I think he has an attitude problem and complains a lot. no denying his skill level is top 15 nba though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9 ... s_brother/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9 ... ram_story/

gotta love NBA drama :D
Butler would be especially hard for a rookie head coach like Nurse to coach, I think back to his criticism of Fred Hoiberg with the Bulls saying he doesn't work hard enough as a coach. He even admitted to being very confrontational in the locker room. Can't help but admire his old school hard-nosed attitude though and his talent is undeniable. Who gives us a better chance to beat Boston in the playoffs, Lowry or Butler? I think the answer is Butler if we can keep him healthy. Kyle has improved his 3-point shooting and as a playmaker but is showing signs of being ineffective at penetrating to create buckets in the playoffs, he's more likely to get his shot blocked going inside, he's more one-dimensional offensively, if his 3-point shot is off then he's much less valuable to us on offense. Butler is average at shooting 3's but much better at creating 2s. A better option on D too.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/jimm ... d-hoiberg/
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 12:05 pm
...A better option on D too.
That's the thing right there. Imagine Delon, Jimmy, and Kawhi at the 1,2, and 3. Defensive menaces.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6768 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:32 am

Get er done Masai.
kenchau wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:34 am
Yeah, I wouldn't mind throwing in Serge Ibaka as well...in fact, I would prefer it. Good call!

However, as much as Masai talks about keeping strictly business, and having to make tough decisions because of the personal side. I feel like he'll always treat Serge just a little bit better because of the whole Africa thing. So he's totally bias.
Come on, we send over 50 million out per year in contract and are only getting back 20 million? Even if it were possible, why would the T-Wolves do this..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
frogger wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:17 pm
Come on, we send over 50 million out per year in contract and are only getting back 20 million? Even if it were possible, why would the T-Wolves do this..
The biggest reason is because he's an unrestricted free agent next year. Other teams may not be willing to give anyone as substantial, as a Lowry.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
Looking forward to the Spurs game.

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 1:39 pm
That's the thing right there. Imagine Delon, Jimmy, and Kawhi at the 1,2, and 3. Defensive menaces.
Yup, add Pascal and Serge and thats probably the best defensive unit in the league.
Apr 24, 2018
252 posts
17 upvotes
already rumours that Kawhi will go to the Clipper next season.

what a disaster of a trade. Masai needs to go. when we get bounced in the first round this year, hopefully they'll realize this.