• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2018 2:26 pm
Aug 16, 2017
704 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
there's obviously some rust with Green and Kawhi as evident on the first game but they were really good regardless..

the bench mob tho! Seems like they haven't lost a beat and smacked the crap out of the opposing team's bench lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2969 posts
854 upvotes
Global Village
lamboman wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 7:27 am

IMO, these guys will definitely fair well in playoff time especially if they don't loose their rhythm. Kawhi, JV, Siakim, Lowry, VanVleet, Wright, Green, and Miles (if he continues his 3's), will definitely take us to finals, and maybe beyond.
And you're leaving out OG whose development playing alongside Kawhi could be key for us, Serge who is our defensive anchor, Norm who looked really good in that 1st game and showed he could play some point for us at times. Heck even Lorenzo looked like he can really contribute this season. We are really deep and a force to be reckoned with.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2012
1100 posts
37 upvotes
Kawhi Leonard Reacts To His Laugh Going Viral on Social Media: "I Don't Follow Social Media"
"It’s not surprising when you’re at this high of a caliber player,”
Flex on 'em, Kawhi Robot Face
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5551 posts
1237 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone watch the Serge Ibaka How Hungry Are You? mini episodes. In Episode 4 he had DeMar, but in the most recent Episode 5, he had the mob squad. They are jokes, but I love the comaraderie, and their confidence shines through. I get the impression Freddy V is dialed in, for this season as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2969 posts
854 upvotes
Global Village
Anyone else watching this preseason game vs Utah? Surprisingly intense, Kawhi is playing well, it's just the 1st half but we're showing that our D is going to keep us in games this season even when our shots are not going in.
Aug 16, 2017
704 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
loving what im seeing so far in the preseason, defense coordination need some work though
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2983 posts
1023 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
If you get invited for dinner at Serge's place, DON'T GO!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3922 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn Lowry gets thrown out of a preseason game!! LOLOL Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Seriously can we move this bum already? He can leave just like his buddy DD can and we will be better off for it. Can't believe we signed this guy for 33 MILLION A YEAR and we still have two more seasons of him. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2969 posts
854 upvotes
Global Village
If Danny shoots like he shot tonight good luck beating us this season.

Is there a more interesting team to watch this season than the Raptors? I think we'll be must-watch now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
2080 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Man I haven't been here in a while. Glad to see this thread still going......gotta be one of the largest threads on RFD?? I just updated first post with pic of Kawhi....crazy.....had a young Derozan there for so long.

IMO, this was a great trade for the organization, even though it absolutely sucked to lose such a loyal player and fan favourite in Demar. Best Raptor ever, IMO. That being said, we needed to take a risk and this was a good calculated risk. Winning changes the mentality of a lot of players....hopeful to re-sign Kawhi but not upset if he leaves. With the young core we currently have and I believe only Norm under contract through 2020, we can start the re-build early if Kawhi leaves and will have a ton of cap space to hopeful to attract some young, fresh talent. Demar and Casey got us this far, but they weren't going to get us a championship. On paper, this is the best Raptors team I've ever seen assembled. Hope we stay injury free and live up to the hype. Should be a great season!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5551 posts
1237 upvotes
Mississauga
babysham wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:02 am
Man I haven't been here in a while. Glad to see this thread still going......gotta be one of the largest threads on RFD?? I just updated first post with pic of Kawhi....crazy.....had a young Derozan there for so long.

IMO, this was a great trade for the organization, even though it absolutely sucked to lose such a loyal player and fan favourite in Demar. Best Raptor ever, IMO. That being said, we needed to take a risk and this was a good calculated risk. Winning changes the mentality of a lot of players....hopeful to re-sign Kawhi but not upset if he leaves. With the young core we currently have and I believe only Norm under contract through 2020, we can start the re-build early if Kawhi leaves and will have a ton of cap space to hopeful to attract some young, fresh talent. Demar and Casey got us this far, but they weren't going to get us a championship. On paper, this is the best Raptors team I've ever seen assembled. Hope we stay injury free and live up to the hype. Should be a great season!!
Whoa buddy! Welcome back!

Long time no see...on RFD. You still selling Raptors tickets? You had great value seats.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5508 posts
1198 upvotes
Markham
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:19 pm
Montreal gunning for an NBA team.......goooo frenchiess!!!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2495 ... m-montreal
Waste of money and effort IMO....other than Toronto, I don't see any city in the country which can/will support a major sport franchise. Toronto can be very fickle as well at times.

Just look at Vanc Grizzlies, the Montreal Expos, Winnipeg Jets V1, Quebec Nordiques etc.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
2080 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:22 pm
Whoa buddy! Welcome back!

Long time no see...on RFD. You still selling Raptors tickets? You had great value seats.
Thanks!

Yes - selling tickets but only the lower bowl this year. I have sold or donated all the upper bowl tickets already.

Check out the games I have here: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/raptors ... 8-2228719/

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

lilguy