• Dec 11th, 2018 8:54 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3153 posts
990 upvotes
Global Village
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:03 am
^ That maybe so, but I will never underestimate Kevin Durant again after watching Monday night's game against the Orlando Magic. He killed it with 49 points and is truly a force to reckon with.

both KD and Klay went off that game, you can't underestimate them and Raps will be under must-win mode, xtra pressure, if you lose without Steph and Draymond playing, at home, how can you really expect to compete in the finals with them potentially at full force?

Was reading this Kawhi article claiming trade victory for us. It's early in the season but when you look at 3 pt shooting in 16 games Kawhi is shooting 22 for 66, 33%. And he claims he is taking tough shots not trying to pad his stats. Demar on the other hand is 6 for 33, 18% in 21 games. Tough to argue with that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2539 ... le-pay-off
All day I dream about sports
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10664 posts
1322 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 1:10 pm
both KD and Klay went off that game, you can't underestimate them and Raps will be under must-win mode, xtra pressure, if you lose without Steph and Draymond playing, at home, how can you really expect to compete in the finals with them potentially at full force?

Was reading this Kawhi article claiming trade victory for us. It's early in the season but when you look at 3 pt shooting in 16 games Kawhi is shooting 22 for 66, 33%. And he claims he is taking tough shots not trying to pad his stats. Demar on the other hand is 6 for 33, 18% in 21 games. Tough to argue with that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2539 ... le-pay-off
Compared to last season, Raptors improved from 15-7 to 18-4. Meanwhile Spurs went from 14-7 to 10-11.

The only conclusions that can be drawn from this: Raptors are better with Kawhi than DeRozen and Spurs are better with Kawhi not playing than DeRozen.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9850 posts
1799 upvotes
Montréal
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 3:46 pm
Compared to last season, Raptors improved from 15-7 to 18-4. Meanwhile Spurs went from 14-7 to 10-11.

The only conclusions that can be drawn from this: Raptors are better with Kawhi than DeRozen and Spurs are better with Kawhi not playing than DeRozen.
Even a novice like me can see that. Unfortunately, DD and even Casey somehow didn't get it done so say all you will about the GM, he made a move. KL just brings something special, an intangible quality not many players have. You either got the killer instinct *and* can execute, or you don't.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6742 posts
1680 upvotes
The Raptors are much better defensively and better at shooting 3s with DeRozan gone.

The Spurs got much worse defensively and worse at shooting 3s since they acquired DeRozan.
The Spurs have pretty much the same roster as last year minus old Tony Parker and add in DeRozan (Kawhi barely played last year for the Spurs).

As for greatest Raptors of all-time:
Vince Carter, Chris Bosh and regular season Kyle Lowry > lol regular season DeRozan >>>> playoff DeFrozen.
DeMar has had the most talent surrounding him. There was no way Chris Bosh was going to beat the Orlando Magic with that supporting cast and against Dwight Howard in his prime.
airpods wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 9:36 pm
Demar is a better player than Bosh ever was
DeRozan was benched the entire 4th quarter of a critical playoff game when he was playing so bad and because he is a defensive liability.

tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 4:04 pm
Even a novice like me can see that. Unfortunately, DD and even Casey somehow didn't get it done so say all you will about the GM, he made a move. KL just brings something special, an intangible quality not many players have. You either got the killer instinct *and* can execute, or you don't.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Nov 29th, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4780 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
i think we could do better w/o JV. trade him for a marc gasol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6757 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 4:34 pm
i think we could do better w/o JV. trade him for a marc gasol.
Why not trade him for KD instead. He looks like he is stoned in the 4th quarter so far, what a mess.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4780 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
frogger wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:16 pm
Why not trade him for KD instead. He looks like he is stoned in the 4th quarter so far, what a mess.
That would be great.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4780 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
Raps r just terrible with 3 pt shot and defensive rebounds. All this without curry and green nd playing at home
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20227 posts
9017 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
KD is such a beast it’s not even right
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20227 posts
9017 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
yessssssss

Sick offensive rebound.

Game over!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao