Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:58 pm
Well done. Did we get enough for the free fries from McD's? LOL
yes, 15 3's
Nov 3, 2014
649 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raptors of old would have completely crumbled after that Durant 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds remaining.

Instead of a Cleveland game 1 2018 playoff textbook Raptor mental breakdown, these guys managed to prevail
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9841 posts
1794 upvotes
Montréal
danny3526 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:25 pm
Raptors of old would have completely crumbled after that Durant 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds remaining.

Instead of a Cleveland game 1 2018 playoff textbook Raptor mental breakdown, these guys managed to prevail
Yup, why you think I finally jumped on the bandwagon? Lol. It's clear change occurred.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1419 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa
Great game, wish it didn't go into OT as Kawhi had the ball in the final seconds of regulation and Raps had an 18 point lead but again, these are the Warriors and Durant was a damn monster and lethal as always.

I wonder if the the Raptors would be able to hang with a healthy Warriors team in a 7 game series.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1384 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sg2386 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:34 pm
Great game, wish it didn't go into OT as Kawhi had the ball in the final seconds of regulation and Raps had an 18 point lead but again, these are the Warriors and Durant was a damn monster and lethal as always.

I wonder if the the Raptors would be able to hang with a healthy Warriors team in a 7 game series.
True, but if you noticed Kawhi should have had many calls which the reps missed, and with those calls definitely it would have gave us the W before OT. And also remember one thing, GAME 1 of playoffs between GSW and Spurs, they had all players and everyone was healthy (they even had McGee). But I believe they lost by 23, to Kawhi and Green with the rest of the spurs team last playoff season. This Toronto team is lit, and if they remain healthy going beyond All-Star break, you won't know what damage they'll be doing!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9312 posts
316 upvotes
rems wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 2:43 pm
Yea Raps schedule has been pretty favourable so far. Also, blowing large leads and poor late game execution in some of the games is a concern.
I'm just gonna quote this...they were up 7 with 4 left to play in regulation
Aug 16, 2017
777 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
i am really loving the character we have shown to close out games this season. It wouldn't have been possible without the championship experience of Kawhi and Danny Green.
Really love the addition of Danny Green, these folks know how to get things done and not crumble when faced with adversity. Although the Raps have been very good for the last few years, we clearly did not have that mentality and would always crumble.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1419 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa
DimsumDeals wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 9:17 am
i am really loving the character we have shown to close out games this season. It wouldn't have been possible without the championship experience of Kawhi and Danny Green.
Really love the addition of Danny Green, these folks know how to get things done and not crumble when faced with adversity. Although the Raps have been very good for the last few years, we clearly did not have that mentality and would always crumble.
Last year in the playoffs with the Cavs the Raps looked mentally shaken after the heartbreaking 1 point loss in game 1 when they led throughout the whole game and just didn't recover from that and the buzzer beater by Lebron to put the Cavs up 3-0 was the nail in the coffin.

With Danny and Kawhi in the mix they seem to have a much stronger attitude and presence compared to when they had DeRozan because no doubt yesterday after KD hit those two big 3s leading to OT the Raps would have crumbled and blown out in OT with DeRozan.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5691 posts
1296 upvotes
Markham
lamboman wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 7:06 am
True, but if you noticed Kawhi should have had many calls which the reps missed, and with those calls definitely it would have gave us the W before OT. And also remember one thing, GAME 1 of playoffs between GSW and Spurs, they had all players and everyone was healthy (they even had McGee). But I believe they lost by 23, to Kawhi and Green with the rest of the spurs team last playoff season. This Toronto team is lit, and if they remain healthy going beyond All-Star break, you won't know what damage they'll be doing!
NBA did everything they can to swing that game to the NBA darlings aka "Warriors" but Raps showed incredible resilience and refusal to bend.

The calls we did get were impossible for the NBA refs to ignore....on the other side, anything that could've been called (even no calls and no fouls) was called for the Warriors. Prime example...Kawhi drives the basket against two defenders (he didn't get a call multiple times in the game as well), is hit in the body and arm and mugged and no call....Durant drives under the basket, not bodied, and got a "was he? touched " foul. Similarly, Siakam takes a clear charge and they call him for a blocking foul.

Great character win by the Raptors....NBA may eventually reward your Number 1 in the East ranking if you're still number 1 come Christmas 2030?!?!? LOL
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3441 posts
584 upvotes
Kawhi had many fouls against called... like everyone else said...
Last edited by Engi-Nir on Nov 30th, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 14, 2017
483 posts
371 upvotes
Great game and awesome that the Raps got the Win but I wouldn't want to know what the outcome would be if Curry, Green and Cousins was starting.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2434 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
it was so obvious when the refs called three or four fouls against the Raps within one minute during OT