• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 12:13 am
Nov 29, 2018
2 posts
So far, Kawhi has had 2 opportunities to win the game at the buzzer. Versus Detroit and Golden State. The Detroit one was clearly an unforced fumble where he dribbled off his foot. Yesterday's game however, I still don't know why he passed it out. He faked out two defenders in the air and had a good shot at the basket. The arena would've went bonkers.
Apr 24, 2018
218 posts
16 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 3:46 pm

Even a novice like me can see that. Unfortunately, DD and even Casey somehow didn't get it done so say all you will about the GM, he made a move. KL just brings something special, an intangible quality not many players have. You either got the killer instinct *and* can execute, or you don't.
Kawhi does NOT have the killer instinct, that was evident last night and every other game where he’s had a chance to finish it
XFactor11 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 4:18 pm
The Raptors are much better defensively and better at shooting 3s with DeRozan gone.

The Spurs got much worse defensively and worse at shooting 3s since they acquired DeRozan.
The Spurs have pretty much the same roster as last year minus old Tony Parker and add in DeRozan
You forgot about Ginobili
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3153 posts
990 upvotes
Global Village
Fred goes scoreless, CJ gave us nothing, OG goes 1-6, Kyle 4-14 and we still win! Kawhi, Pascal, Serge totally carried us, Kawhi was simply magnificent. When they get Curry, Green back for the Dec 12th game you would think they are unbeatable but you can attack Curry on O and cheat off Green on D.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10664 posts
1322 upvotes
airpods wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 12:22 pm
Kawhi does NOT have the killer instinct, that was evident last night and every other game where he’s had a chance to finish it

You forgot about Ginobili
What's wrong with your quoting. I never wrote that.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1279 posts
87 upvotes
Markham
The win last night will boost up the confident to face GSW again in final. Some players may not have their best during regular season but totally different during playoff.
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9850 posts
1799 upvotes
Montréal
airpods wrote:

joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 1:24 pm
What's wrong with your quoting. I never wrote that.
Ya, what's wrong w/ you, airpods? LOL.

Anyway, KL makes things happen by himself or affecting others. The team didn't have any killer instinct at all during all those previous years. He's obviously the game changer.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7679 posts
2066 upvotes
Toronto
airpods wrote:
he's a 2X defensive player of the year, 2X all NBA, 4X all defensive. after missing most of last year, he's 9th in the league in pts/gm, and again one of the best defenders in the league. it's a long season and process to get to where it counts...the playoffs. you know, that time of the year where he was previously the finals mvp?

so he doesn't have the killer instinct huh?..unlike the guy who they traded him for and all the success he had in the playoffs? any other words of wisdom there airpods?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Apr 24, 2018
218 posts
16 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 11:32 pm
he's a 2X defensive player of the year, 2X all NBA, 4X all defensive. after missing most of last year, he's 9th in the league in pts/gm, and again one of the best defenders in the league. it's a long season and process to get to where it counts...the playoffs. you know, that time of the year where he was previously the finals mvp?

so he doesn't have the killer instinct huh?..unlike the guy who they traded him for and all the success he had in the playoffs? any other words of wisdom there airpods?
Why are you talking about his defensive accomplishments when discussing “killer instincts “?

Like I said, he’s had numerous chances to put away close games. He’s failed every time. Don’t get your hopes up on the playoffs
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3442 posts
585 upvotes
airpods wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:04 am
Why are you talking about his defensive accomplishments when discussing “killer instincts “?

Like I said, he’s had numerous chances to put away close games. He’s failed every time. Don’t get your hopes up on the playoffs
Lol if you say so
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6742 posts
1680 upvotes
If DeMar was still on the team, the Raptors would be down 20 points and with no chance of winning the game at the end of regulation.

The Spurs just lost on their homecourt by 31 points against the Houston Rockets.
How's that 10 and 12 record in the Western Conference exemplifying how good DeRozan is without Kyle Lowry?

Kawhi's is 7-5 in the playoffs against LeBron's teams. Should have been 8-3 if Ginobli did not temporarily defect to the Miami Heat and
if Popovic didn't pull Duncan out in the final minutes of game 6 in 2014.

DeMar is 2-12 in the playoffs against teams with LeBron. Many of those were noncompetitive blowout losses.
airpods wrote:

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 2nd, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9850 posts
1799 upvotes
Montréal
airpods wrote:

This sounds like a similar argument in the Leafs' thread: ridiculously always blaming the goalie lol. KL gets the job done, period, aren't they doing much better already vs past years?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Apr 24, 2018
218 posts
16 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 1:48 pm
This sounds like a similar argument in the Leafs' thread: ridiculously always blaming the goalie lol. KL gets the job done, period, aren't they doing much better already vs past years?
We’ve been very good in the regular season for a long time now. Didn’t we finish first in the east just a year or 2 ago?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9850 posts
1799 upvotes
Montréal
airpods wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 8:58 pm
We’ve been very good in the regular season for a long time now. Didn’t we finish first in the east just a year or 2 ago?
However, it's the difference of *how* they finish games that's crucial. Anyway, I guess we'll havta wait till the playoffs to really see what's up.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

kasm, geokilla