Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
23 upvotes
Only one person remains from the pre-Colangelo era...Calderon.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes
rems wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 5:53 pm
Id rather the RAps get nothing than to take on bad contracts/players...
Well if we had dealt with Miami, Beasley was only 4M per yr (for 2 more yrs, last year we can opt out). Chalmers costs 2M per yr (for another yr or 2 as well). So why not take those guys and see how good they get?

But in any case, Bosh is literally the "b1tch" dog to Wade and LBJ. The kid's been following Wade around like he is his master. Wherever he goes, he'll go. It's sad to see how OUR all-star player was groomed to be some other players dog.

Seriously, have some self-respect man! Command ppl, not follow people -___-
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10594 posts
1274 upvotes
Vancouver
7jai wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 6:35 pm
Well if we had dealt with Miami, Beasley was only 4M per yr (for 2 more yrs, last year we can opt out). Chalmers costs 2M per yr (for another yr or 2 as well). So why not take those guys and see how good they get?

But in any case, Bosh is literally the "b1tch" dog to Wade and LBJ. The kid's been following Wade around like he is his master. Wherever he goes, he'll go. It's sad to see how OUR all-star player was groomed to be some other players dog.

Thus the mentioning of "RuPaul" :) he's da *****. :) the whipping boy.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2008
2005 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
7jai wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 6:35 pm

Wade did not go anywhere. Bosh went to Miami and Wade stayed put. You think Wade would have stayed in Miami if no one was willing to come? He would have left and followed the other high profile FA's.
Jan 13, 2009
776 posts
12 upvotes
I pity those who criticize Bosh for signing with Miami. He joins a team with an all-star and automatically he's a dog? What kind of pathetic logic is that? Everyone wants to play with good players. Most teams have 1 or 2 all-stars, so any free agent that signs to "follow" them are dogs now?

What's the point of free agency in the world of sports if all those non-all-stars are labelled as "dogs" for choosing a place to play?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3275 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Flash3 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 6:54 pm
I pity those who criticize Bosh for signing with Miami. He joins a team with an all-star and automatically he's a dog? What kind of pathetic logic is that? Everyone wants to play with good players. Most teams have 1 or 2 all-stars, so any free agent that signs to "follow" them are dogs now?

What's the point of free agency in the world of sports if all those non-all-stars are labelled as "dogs" for choosing a place to play?
it's the fact that he said that he should be a #1 option and yet now he's going joining a team with Dwyane Wade who is arguable a top5 player. Why would he do that if he was a #1 option like Wade?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
Flash3 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 6:54 pm

most teams? lol.. considering there r only 24 all star spots, most teams cant have 2 lol.. 1 obviously for a bunch of teams.. and bosh was our one.. i just hope some sort of sign and trade happens...but it doesnt look like it...oh well.. lets see what kind of scrubs they can put beside bosh and wade and see what happens...

im liking bulls with rose, boozer, noah
Jan 13, 2009
776 posts
12 upvotes
SoGood wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 7:09 pm
it's the fact that he said that he should be a #1 option and yet now he's going joining a team with Dwyane Wade who is arguable a top5 player. Why would he do that if he was a #1 option like Wade?
I know he said he wants to be a #1, but how many times in anyone's life goes EXACTLY the way they want? Sure, he WANTS to be the number 1 option, but that's obviously one of the MANY factors that goes into any decision, let alone a decision that affects your life for the next half decade. Life isn't perfect, everyone has to compromise in every situation, and Bosh has sacrificed his one desire to fulfill his many other desires.

Also, the Raptors are the only choice for him if he wants to be a number 1, and it didn't work out for him for 7 seasons. It's not surprising he chose to play with another all-star on a potentially good team, rather than join a questionable roster to become a #1.
grappos13 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 7:31 pm
most teams? lol.. considering there r only 24 all star spots, most teams cant have 2 lol.. 1 obviously for a bunch of teams.. and bosh was our one.. i just hope some sort of sign and trade happens...but it doesnt look like it...oh well.. lets see what kind of scrubs they can put beside bosh and wade and see what happens...

im liking bulls with rose, boozer, noah
I said 1 OR 2. What does "or" mean to you? :confused:
Apr 26, 2010
710 posts
73 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Calling bosh a dog may be too much but than again he was the one who said he wanted to be "than man" on a team lol
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7461 posts
886 upvotes
Toronto
RedLego wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 8:30 pm
Calling bosh a dog may be too much but than again he was the one who said he wanted to be "than man" on a team lol
+1

Bosh played his heart out late in the season to hopefully get a playoff spot. he didnt give up on his team.

As for calling him a dog, LOL. Its normal for star players to choose a better place to win a championship. Is shaq a dog for going to miami to win a championship? or going to the last year Cavs considered being Lebron's lapdog as well?

He gave us 7 wonderful years of heart and dedication. unfortunately, management couldnt give him better players to make this a better team to goto the next level. How many more years does he want to wait? He got the chance to jump to another team with another superstar and rightfully done so.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5978 posts
144 upvotes
got_it_4_cheap wrote:
Jul 7th, 2010 10:04 pm
Feschuk: With Bosh’s exit, Toronto sports scene becomes a wasteland

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketbal ... -wasteland

@KBerg_CBS Source: Progress on Bosh sign-and-trade. #NBA #Raptors #Heat http://bit.ly/cdTK9I
greatly written

MLSE just spends enough to get the seats filled and always put a strangle hold on our GM... it's clearly seen especially with the raps when they can't simply buy a 2nd round pick and had to trade our future one + cash, meanwhile other teams outright buy others' 1st round picks

if MLSE or the pension run company is in charge, their main goal is to make the team profit, we will go no where...which is doing a hell of a good job considerings forbes rank the our team way higher than what is expected.

we need an owner like mark cuban or jerry buss and less owners like rob sarver, sterling, MLSE..
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
23 upvotes
Good video explaining how Miami can acqurie LBJ (at the max contract) to have LBJ/Wade/Bosh together...all comes down to Beasley being shipped out...to guess where...Toronto? Or, Beas can be shipped elsewhere perhaps. But if Beas goes to Toronto, the TPE Toronto gets will be smaller than the TPE they'd get without Beas...and you can basically say Colangelo orchestrated the deal :lol:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=536062 ... id=2459788

1. Marion for O'Neal trade...if JO was never traded to MIA, MIA would have MARION's massive expiring last summer, not this summer.
1. b) Banks, Miami would have lost significant cap-space had they still have held on to Banks' disgusting contract...would've screwed them over ALOT.
2. Playing hardball with Chris. I think Colangelo was too firm with Bosh, telling him that you will not get $130M/6y unless you collaborate with TOR, in other words...BC though the upper-hand because $130/6 could only come through a deal where TOR and Bosh's future team could agree upon for a S&T. I think Bosh either doesn't mind and will take the $100/5y or assumes his agent will somehow still get the $130/6y..not sure, still Colangelo kind of mis-handled it by not trading earlier and playing his cards wrong.

I think the only reason Raptors don't want Beas is because then it leaves the door wide open for LBJ to get there, which is basically addding insult to injury at this point. Or, his talent is not good...but he comes cheap though...so it's not too much of a loss, plus I guess there is too much personell at the 4 with Amir, Davis and our Franchise Bargs...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes
I think LBJ signing with the Heat can work - as now the CAP has been bumped up to 58M~

Man, things are just working out for the Heat now eh? damn....
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

fiiw2008, BlueEL