Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9668 posts
1875 upvotes
Toronto
The Raps can't do wrong today.. everything is going the Raps way.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3263 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
vchan81 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 3:16 pm
Apparently, he is not allowed to say where he is going yet. I agree that he is probably going to an American network.

if anyone saw the farewell video that thescore produced for cabbie, sid made a joke about him being the lead anchor for CTV news replacing Lloyd Robertson

i'm not saying thats true...but it's definitely a larger role than what Cabbie had recently at thescore

Correction: apparently theres already somebody replacing Lloyd Robertson. nvm
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13367 posts
2708 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Raptors are sizzling. Washington is tanking. Looks like neither team is playing much defense. Well we're playing more defense than the Wizards.

Rogers is considering to buy MLSE. How do you guys think about this?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
Ix2L wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 2:45 am
Moving on to better things, good for him. Raptors aren't even on the Score this year.

All their programming is wrestling, poker, horse racing and darts .. lol
wrestling is the highest rated shows on the sports channels... good for the score to have it... i love the score... renee paquette rules and i still like tim and sid over anyone on the other sports stations...

as for the game tonight, Psubs, u were pretty close with the ed davis predictions...11, 6 and 2 blocks vs ur guess of 9, 5 and 2... he had 9, 5 and 2... ur exact guess...until the last 3 min where he got another bucket and reb! :)
Nov 28, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Hey guys,

This is just an update with regards to the @RaptorAnthems twitter movement. Based on Bill Simmons' Celtic_Chants, we started a Raptor Chants twitter feed called @RaptorAnthems. 2 days into the movement, and we have over 70 followers, plus support from the Young_onez (Sonny Weems, Demar, and Amir Johnson).

The goal is to organize ACC crowd chants during games. We want enough followers by the Miami Heat game.

Thanks

www.twitter.com/raptoranthems
Deal Fanatic
Oct 20, 2009
5013 posts
711 upvotes
Great all-round effort by the Men in Red. Good to see another big game from Demar. Bargs his usual 18-20 pt avg. game. Amir not making much of a case for himself being a starter though. Dorsey beasts it out much like Reggie. Amir's either gotta start taking more jump shots and driving to the hoop or he's gotta grab those loose boards that fall to guys like Barbossa, Bayless, etc.

All I can say is the Raps bench seems infinitely deep this year for some reason. Nobody other than Bargs that can stand up and be a star every night (even that's debatable), but they all seem like guys who can score 15 pts a piece or grab 15 boards (Dorsey/Evans) a night. Weakest link is Wright and he's not even that bad in limited runs.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2005
1887 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Not sure if we should be happy or not, but we are only half game before for the last playoff spots(currently own by Cleveland)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1863 posts
307 upvotes
Burlington
Symcor wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 10:56 pm
Not sure if we should be happy or not, but we are only half game before for the last playoff spots(currently own by Cleveland)
Given that this is the east I now think we have a good chance to make the playoffs (6 spots already gone to Boston, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta and Milwaukee) we can battle for the last 2 spots with the others (Indiana and New York are looking really good).
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
geokilla wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 8:25 pm
Raptors are sizzling. Washington is tanking. Looks like neither team is playing much defense. Well we're playing more defense than the Wizards.

Rogers is considering to buy MLSE. How do you guys think about this?

I would rather it be owned by someONE who loves sports...but Rogers is better than the teachers pension or wever....
We are known as the worst managed sports organization across the board yet make huge amounts of money cause of the fans...
I doubt they will sell....I wouldn't.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23361 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 9:46 pm
wrestling is the highest rated shows on the sports channels... good for the score to have it... i love the score... renee paquette rules and i still like tim and sid over anyone on the other sports stations...

as for the game tonight, Psubs, u were pretty close with the ed davis predictions...11, 6 and 2 blocks vs ur guess of 9, 5 and 2... he had 9, 5 and 2... ur exact guess...until the last 3 min where he got another bucket and reb! :)

:twisted:

He's such a great defensive presence. I personally gave him credit for 4 blocks! :lol: I swear he tipped some balls (not like Reggie) and changed some shots that could've been blocks. His timing is insane and he extends really well. There was one layup in the first half that he almost blocked but I didn't think he'd even get close to. Also on one layup, he was quick and extensive. Oh, so excited for Ed Davis.

START ED DAVIS!!! :razz:

Bayless outplayed John Wall!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! http://www.nba.com/games/20101201/WASTOR/gameinfo.html

Oh ya, and the Lakers have lost 4 in a row, losing tonight against Houston with no Yao or Brooks! LOVE IT!!!
Mar 22, 2009
992 posts
12 upvotes
Psubs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2010 10:59 am
OMG, even I don't think he'll do that! Maybe 9 points, 5 rebs, 1 assist and 2 blocks.
Whoa... Ed Davis' actual statline for first game: 11 points, 6 rebs, 0 assists, and 2 blocks. You were far, far off. Get off this forum. ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23361 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
tail_duck wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 9:50 am
Whoa... Ed Davis' actual statline for first game: 11 points, 6 rebs, 0 assists, and 2 blocks. You were far, far off. Get off this forum. ;)

Most people tell me that for my trade proposals. :( Yet, they never have the cahones to suggest any ideas themselves. :facepalm:

I suppose the stats were off, because I thought he'd play at most 18 minutes. The blowout allowed for 24 minutes of action. :razz:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
168 upvotes
Was at the game last night, and the first thing that jumped out at me about Ed Davis... dude is huge*! (*well.. huge compared to college and summer league). I'm thinking maybe the time off did him some good - I'm sure the training staff had him working out in the weight room to gain more mass, which was something people were worried he wouldn't be able to do. He seems to be about Amir's size right now but can probably bulk up a bit more next summer.

Good game overall, and I think there were times when Sonny seemed like the weakest link out there where he tried to force the issue and turn it over... however, he made up for it with some good plays as well. I really thought that the SF position would be our weakest this year, but Sonny's stepped up and taken the role, Kleiza's doing a decent job, and when Wright gets on the floor, he produces the intangibles that this team needs sometimes.

Someone mentioned that the Wiz look like they're tanking the season, and I wouldn't be surprised. Before the game, their layup line was pretty much just them throwing lobs at each other or one-upping each other's dunks. The only guy who looked like he was taking it seriously was Hinrich... I know it's only a layup line (Practice?! We talkin bout Practice?) but I think it still says a lot about how serious a team is about contending, and the Wiz just seem content to goof off.

Oh yeah, and Drake was in the house... and he was getting more applause than our players were! I was sitting near where he and his posse exited, and everyone rushed over to take pictures and videos. One dude was going overboard shouting "I LOVE YOU DRIZZY!!! I LOVE YOUNG MONEY!!"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)