Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5978 posts
144 upvotes
Migger wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 12:17 pm
Plus, I think people overrate Reggie's defensive ability. Sure he grabs loose balls (just ask Kaman), but he's undersized and not as athletic as some of our other guys. He is a crowd pleaser though, in a JYD/Pops Mensah Bonsu type of way.
rems wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 12:22 pm
I was thinking the same thing...Good rebounding =/= good defense

i agree.. he's not athletic or good at defense, but he brings grit and heart to the team.. and he does do all the dirty work under the basket and free/hide banana's weakness.

u'll notice often, they need to put more than 1 body to box out reggie and if u play ball, it takes a lot of energy boxing out a rugged rebounder.

but ur right, he's not good at blocking shots, but at least he makes barganani better and often give u some hard fouls
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5978 posts
144 upvotes
Psubs wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 1:48 pm
McGee ~ Ibaka

I say that he's within 2 points, 1 rebound and 1 block of his performance yesterday, as long as he gets 16 minutes and will not have more than 3 fouls.

People shoot easily over Reggie and post him up easily. He's a hustler and rebounds like Rodman. He's too one-dimensional and hurts the offensive flow. I'd rather run the pick-n-roll with Amir or Davis. I was hoping that they would give Davis some post-up ops; hopefully some tomorrow.

i dunno about amir, i was never a big fan of his, but he regressed a lot this year and he still couldn't solve the foul machine problem :(

i like ed davis tho :D
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
168 upvotes
Psubs wrote:
I'd rather run the pick-n-roll with Amir or Davis. I was hoping that they would give Davis some post-up ops; hopefully some tomorrow.

What I did notice about Davis last night was that he needs to learn to set better picks. A couple times, he'd come to set a pick, but would barely touch the defender. If the coaches can get him to set harder picks and then roll or pop, he and Jose can be very effective. He seems to have good hands, and I don't foresee him having trouble catching or finishing.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3516 posts
199 upvotes
oranr wrote:
Dec 1st, 2010 2:46 pm
Cabbie is the only good thing about the score (besides the ticker)! Sad to see him go, hopefully he'll land at TSN!!

I prefer the Score over TSN. The Score has better online content, and their highlight shows cover sports that aren't played on ice.
The only reason I watch TSN is for the live events, otherwise the channel is filled with Poker and Sportscentre, which shows 99% hockey and CFL, and 1% everything else.
GTA's Votto named NL MVP yet its a footnote to sportcentre. Raptors, Jays and TFC highlights are always near the middle or end of the show whereas every hockey game is at the front (I really would prefer to see highlights of the Raptors game before highlights of the predators and thrashers game....). Sportscentre has time for 10-minute segments on CFL players, yet they never have an ounce of time to talk about the Raptors or Jays outside of highlights...
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20575 posts
1996 upvotes
Toronto
Migger wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 1:59 pm
He seems to have good hands, and I don't foresee him having trouble catching or finishing.
Sounds like the anti-Bosh!

Bosh = butter-fingers and always fumbles the ball and bobbles it........hahahha

WTB: Iphone 7 Plus
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
216 upvotes
Shimso wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 3:14 pm
I prefer the Score over TSN. The Score has better online content, and their highlight shows cover sports that aren't played on ice.
The only reason I watch TSN is for the live events, otherwise the channel is filled with Poker and Sportscentre, which shows 99% hockey and CFL, and 1% everything else.
GTA's Votto named NL MVP yet its a footnote to sportcentre. Raptors, Jays and TFC highlights are always near the middle or end of the show whereas every hockey game is at the front (I really would prefer to see highlights of the Raptors game before highlights of the predators and thrashers game....). Sportscentre has time for 10-minute segments on CFL players, yet they never have an ounce of time to talk about the Raptors or Jays outside of highlights...

Have to agree. TSN is garbage.

Hockey is not the centre of the sports world. For a channel that calls themselves The Sports Network, their coverage of anything outside of hockey is terrible. Might as well change their name to The Hockey Network.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
The only reason I watch TSN is for the honor roll and top 10.
The score site is okay....they started posting youtube content? wtf is that...not even sports
I always found cabbie so disrespectful (physically)....I'd hate to be interviewed by that guy. I do like Gerry Dee though...he plays a character at least.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
168 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 3:19 pm
Sounds like the anti-Bosh!

Bosh = butter-fingers and always fumbles the ball and bobbles it........hahahha

haha, admittedly, it's a very small sample size that includes yesterday's game and summer league... let's see how he fares against OKC tomorrow and NYC on Sunday
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9424 posts
450 upvotes
kennyhohoho wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 3:20 pm
Have to agree. TSN is garbage.

Hockey is not the centre of the sports world. For a channel that calls themselves The Sports Network, their coverage of anything outside of hockey is terrible. Might as well change their name to The Hockey Network.

Yea I hate how 2/3rds of the show is dedicated to hockey and 1/3 for everything else...Even when the NHL season is over and the NBA playoffs are still going on, it gets very minimal time on the recaps...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
168 upvotes
rems wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 3:24 pm
Yea I hate how 2/3rds of the show is dedicated to hockey and 1/3 for everything else...Even when the NHL season is over and the NBA playoffs are still going on, it gets very minimal time on the recaps...

Yeah, as much as possible, I try to stay away from The Slapshot Network
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10103 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Psubs wrote:
McGee ~ Ibaka

I say that he's within 2 points, 1 rebound and 1 block of his performance yesterday, as long as he gets 16 minutes and will not have more than 3 fouls.

People shoot easily over Reggie and post him up easily. He's a hustler and rebounds like Rodman. He's too one-dimensional and hurts the offensive flow. I'd rather run the pick-n-roll with Amir or Davis. I was hoping that they would give Davis some post-up ops; hopefully some tomorrow.

McGee doesn't really play Defense just goes up for flashy blocks... and his partner Drey doesn't play D at all.. playing last night's washington team and a gritty team like OKC is completely different...

I'm guessing he doesn't do well at all on friday...but we'll see
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1609 posts
4 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 4:26 pm
McGee doesn't really play Defense just goes up for flashy blocks... and his partner Drey doesn't play D at all.. playing last night's washington team and a gritty team like OKC is completely different...

I'm guessing he doesn't do well at all on friday...but we'll see

McGee actually does play decent defense. It's just that the rest of the Wizards all except Wall/Hinrich don't... which forces him to play A LOT of help defense. For a guy that's still learning his help D is already pretty good.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
With Lebron and Wade destroying the Cavs, the Raptors move into a tie with the Cavs for the 8th seed in the East! :lol:

The 8th seeded Suns are also under .500.

With Chicago only being 9-7 and Indiana and NY shaky at best, can the Raptors get the 5th seed in the East?!?!?!? :-0
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
Hopefully, the raps continue to make a push for a playoff spot.