RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23361 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
pintobean wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 7:05 pm
I'd be scared to bet on the Raptors game against the Cavaliers. They've won 4-straight since their loss to the Raptors, including a 26-point victory over 2nd-place Washington. The NBA also has too much invested in Lebron to see the Raptors snuff out his hot streak and beat him again without their All-Star in the lineup this time.

I'd watch for the refs to call some quick early fouls on Lowry to get his butt on the bench, and then allow the Cavs to try and pull away early...
They've won 5 straight but didn't look good vs the Knicks. On the back-to-back, we got this game at home!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2422 posts
219 upvotes
Brampton
Wilmega wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2014 9:17 pm
Amir love the hustle, but stop taking 3's
I always cringe when he takes a 3. He needs to realize that there's a reason the other team leaves him wide open out there.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13385 posts
2713 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
stevelam wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2014 2:48 pm
Sportsinteraction.com

If you're new, just be wary of sign up bonuses. Some people don't realize there's a rollover requirement before you can actually withdraw any winnings.
Is there a minimum bet that you have to make? I don't want to blow $100 in one night.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3829 posts
1603 upvotes
Toronto
Psubs wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 10:46 pm
They've won 5 straight but didn't look good vs the Knicks. On the back-to-back, we got this game at home!!!
You're right. The Cavs looked terrible against the Knicks, and yet my point was proved perfectly by the completely lopsided officiating. The Cavs shot 26 free throws, compared to just 6 for the Knicks. Six free throws in the entire game! Come on.

Either way, I think our Raptors should be able to pull it out against the Cavs. Their Big Three played 38, 39 and 44 minutes tonight, so they will be tired tomorrow. Let's hope our guys stay true to Casey's mantra of playing tough defense and letting the offense come naturally.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23361 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
pintobean wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 11:42 pm
You're right. The Cavs looked terrible against the Knicks, and yet my point was proved perfectly by the completely lopsided officiating. The Cavs shot 26 free throws, compared to just 6 for the Knicks. Six free throws in the entire game! Come on.

Either way, I think our Raptors should be able to pull it out against the Cavs. Their Big Three played 38, 39 and 44 minutes tonight, so they will be tired tomorrow. Let's hope our guys stay true to Casey's mantra of playing tough defense and letting the offense come naturally.
The Knicks are terrible though. lol Should be a win. :)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
toeknee89 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 10:50 pm
I always cringe when he takes a 3. He needs to realize that there's a reason the other team leaves him wide open out there.
why you cringe? before last game, he was 47% from 3.. after last game, he is still 40%... yes he doesnt shoot them that often, but still.. Lowry is only 32% from 3pt this season, taking 5 a game... yet he has a 45% FG%...he Lowry cut down the 3s, he can easily be at 50% FG..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
cavs barely winning games ...we got this :)

we have the Lebron killer Lou Williams :)
Sep 30, 2008
934 posts
604 upvotes
Pickering
Lets make this happen people.

NBA All Star voting starts next week, Dec. 11th, 2014 and concludes end of day on Jan. 19th, 2015. We have just over a month to make this happen and need the support of every fan and even non fans. We need to start drumming up support now.

This year the structure is a bit different and that may make things more difficult. The ballot on NBA.com will for the first time feature every player in the league. It formerly included only 60 players per conference who had been selected by a media panel.

Fans will continue to vote for three frontcourt players and two guards to start for each conference.

If our fan base is truly as rabid as we appear, then we should be able to make this happen.

Vote early, vote often and spread the word!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3930 posts
740 upvotes
ugh patiently waiting for open gym to be uploaded on youtube today
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2623 posts
165 upvotes
Ok Odds are out...

Bet $100 on Cavs and Collect $255 if they win.
Bet $100 on Raps and Collect $155 if they win.

Over/Under is set at 208.5 pts, and payout is $191 for a $100 wager.

My wager...I can't justify that Toronto is heavily favored to win, when considering the potential ability of the Cavs and their 5 game win streak.
So put $50 on Cavs to win, and bet $100 on Over 208.5 pts.

Keeping fingers crossed!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9344 posts
543 upvotes
Hopefully we do not see a motivated Lebron.

LOL That hairline though. There is no saving it.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Phat$ wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 10:36 am
Lets make this happen people.

NBA All Star voting starts next week, Dec. 11th, 2014 and concludes end of day on Jan. 19th, 2015. We have just over a month to make this happen and need the support of every fan and even non fans. We need to start drumming up support now.

This year the structure is a bit different and that may make things more difficult. The ballot on NBA.com will for the first time feature every player in the league. It formerly included only 60 players per conference who had been selected by a media panel.

Fans will continue to vote for three frontcourt players and two guards to start for each conference.

If our fan base is truly as rabid as we appear, then we should be able to make this happen.

Vote early, vote often and spread the word!
I have no faith in this voting system BS ever since the dunk contest catastrophe. They'll just end up starting whoever they want. We should organize a mass Canada wide Fields vote. More importantly, does Bruno automatically get to play in the rookie sophmore game? or how does that work? I never cared enough about a rookie to know.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23361 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
victory01 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2014 2:11 pm
I have no faith in this voting system BS ever since the dunk contest catastrophe. They'll just end up starting whoever they want. We should organize a mass Canada wide Fields vote. More importantly, does Bruno automatically get to play in the rookie sophmore game? or how does that work? I never cared enough about a rookie to know.
Don't worry. For the 2016 Allstar game, Bruno will be on the rookie team, dunk contest AND 3pt shootout! :razz: