Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3071 posts
318 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the key mistake was not adding someone via trade or free agency at the trade deadline, 82 games leads to a lot of injuries and it seems these are pilling up for the Raptors at all the wrong times.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11199 posts
2058 upvotes
You never want to rush back of a ankle/knee injury. Also 15M is nothing, when the cap is going up next year.
kitchensink wrote:
Mar 30th, 2016 6:44 am
What a disaster and I can already see the DeMarre Carroll excuses come in if the Raptors get bounced early. $15 million down the drain for one season and I wasn't even a fan of this signing
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1854 posts
476 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
50!!!! First time in franchise history!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6314 posts
2285 upvotes
Derozan 37mins
Lowry 40mins

Atlanta starting lineup didn't play more than 30mins each.

Wtf is Casey doing?
Sep 24, 2015
230 posts
101 upvotes
We got to 50 wins but that fourth quarter was horrible. Nearly blowing a 22 point lead after having three really good quarters is not what I want to see from this team.
Sep 24, 2015
230 posts
101 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2016 11:14 pm
Derozan 37mins
Lowry 40mins

Wtf is Casey doing?
Obviously he wants more injuries so that he can have an excuse for getting eliminated in the first round :|
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9344 posts
543 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Derozan 37mins
Lowry 40mins

Wtf is Casey doing?
He needed them in there. They were sucking. ATL went on a run. Casey wanted that 50 wins.

IMO he should have just sat them the whole game.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
427 upvotes
Concord, ON
domo325 wrote:
Derozan 37mins
Lowry 40mins

Wtf is Casey doing?
We were getting destroyed in begin of 4th from a 22 pt lead down to single digits...if they didn't go in, we would've lost
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1198 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hitting the big 5-0 is pretty good, and I'm one of the biggest Raptor pessimists out there. I think it puts them in a good spot mentally going into the playoffs, health-wise it's hard to say with DC out and Lowry's elbow banged up. Regardless, season is a failure if they don't make it past the 1st Round. I think you need to take baby steps, eg 13-14 get a taste of the playoffs, 14-15 make it past the 1st Round, 15-16 make it past the 2nd round. It would be pretty bad if after 3 straight trips to the playoffs they dot make it past the 1st round, given how weak the East has been past 3-4 years.
Nov 3, 2014
827 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Raptors almost lost to Atlanta's B team. ATL didn't even play their starters in the 4th

On another note, a Boston loss or a Raptors win would give the Raptors the Atlantic Division.

Also with Miami and Atlanta losing yesterday, We're just about locked into the 2nd seed. Can finally rest our players without any seeding implications
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7088 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Funny how Demarre decides to be visible when his buds from Atlanta are in town.. Time for him to disappear again for a few weeks?
There is a big drop off when Lowry is not on the court, more so than Derozan, thus the big blown leads when he sits.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13379 posts
2711 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
frogger wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 10:27 am
Funny how Demarre decides to be visible when his buds from Atlanta are in town.. Time for him to disappear again for a few weeks?
There is a big drop off when Lowry is not on the court, more so than Derozan, thus the big blown leads when he sits.
I think the problem was more with the Raptors not feeding JV as much after the first quarter when the Raptors were tearing it up for the first 3 quarters. And as Jack put it, the team as a whole just relaxed for like the first half of the 4th quarter. No sustained excellence.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9344 posts
543 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 10:27 am
I dont understand why people want to keep this competition between raptor players.

Remember this team doesnt have a true superstar. They are all part of a system that casey created. Lowry is the guy that makes this team go and DD is the guy that threatens the the opponents defense. JV is the guy that provides that length. Biyombo is that monster inside the paint. TRoss opens up the floor. Corey Joseph is the first line of defense off the bench.

It all works together as a machine. Without one of these guys, this team wont be able to achieve this 50 wins.

Just enjoy the ride. Shoot, Lowry and DD seems to be like brothers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9344 posts
543 upvotes
danny3526 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 8:54 am
Raptors almost lost to Atlanta's B team. ATL didn't even play their starters in the 4th

On another note, a Boston loss or a Raptors win would give the Raptors the Atlantic Division.

Also with Miami and Atlanta losing yesterday, We're just about locked into the 2nd seed. Can finally rest our players without any seeding implications
Actually Atl's B team was playing way better than their starters. Thats why they got benched. Millsap was getting is behind torn up by JV.