Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4459 posts
852 upvotes
Abbottabad
Toronto Raptors trade Jonas Valanciunas.

You heard it first here boys.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6879 posts
2142 upvotes
Mississauga
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 7:02 pm
Toronto Raptors trade Jonas Valanciunas.

You heard it first here boys.
No, it was already rumoured the Raptors are looking to trade JV and the 23rd pick.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3829 posts
1603 upvotes
Toronto
The Raptors picked OG Anunoby with the 23rd pick. Early draft boards apparently had given him a shot to crack the Top 10, so if he successfully recovers from the injury issues, we got a good pick.

He is known for his defence, and needed to develop his offence, so it looks like the Raptors intend to stick with their plan of being a defence-first team, while the rest of the NBA go crazy with the 3-point shot and an offence-first structure. Oh well...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4095 posts
1494 upvotes
Global Village
pintobean wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 10:24 pm
The Raptors picked OG Anunoby with the 23rd pick. Early draft boards apparently had given him a shot to crack the Top 10, so if he successfully recovers from the injury issues, we got a good pick.

He is known for his defence, and needed to develop his offence, so it looks like the Raptors intend to stick with their plan of being a defence-first team, while the rest of the NBA go crazy with the 3-point shot and an offence-first structure. Oh well...
I want to be the 1st to say it: OG in the TO!!
All day I dream about sports
Nov 3, 2014
813 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn, surprised OG fell into our lap. Having a player who can switch on defense is the new thing in this NBA meta game

Last year, OG alone literally shut down Kentucky guarding Jamal Murray and even checking Ulis at times

At worst this guy is a role player defender..... The Vertical was really loving this pick for us thinking he can be an all star if he works on his shot - which isn't broken
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9234 posts
527 upvotes
I like this pick but goddamn this team have no clue what they are doing. We need 3 pt shooters and scorers.

Pounding the rock doesnt work. Sometimes you have to go around the rock Ujiri.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Feb 13, 2015
941 posts
143 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Getting rid of Carroll should be priority. Free up some cap space to sign a player that is actually worth money spending on.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3829 posts
1603 upvotes
Toronto
th12mq wrote:
Jun 24th, 2017 2:15 pm
Getting rid of Carroll should be priority. Free up some cap space to sign a player that is actually worth money spending on.
Everywhere I look, I see people saying this :arrowu: as if there are teams lining up to take Carroll off Masai's hands. And the argument I always hear is that if there was a taker for Bargnani, then surely someone will take Carroll... But if you look at the numbers, that's just not the case.

Bargnani was 28 when Masai traded him away, and he had 2 years left on his contract paying him an average of $11.7M each year. He was coming off an injury-shortened season where he played in only 35 games and averaged 12.7 points and 3.7 rebounds, but the year prior to that he had averaged 19.5 and 5.5 in 31 games.

Compare that to Carroll who will be 31 next month and also has 2 years left on his contract, but is set to earn $14.8M and $15.4M. Like Bargnani, he is also coming off an injury-shortened season where he only played in 72 games, but he averaged 8.9 points and 3.8 rebounds.

So Carroll is older, significantly more expensive and produces much less offence than Bargnani did. If you think about it, the only point in Carroll's favour is that he plays better defence than Bargnani did, but even that defence looks weaker and weaker every game.

So yes, I'm sure that Masai is trying to dump Carroll, but I highly doubt there will be any takers unless he sweetens the pot by including some other young talent from our team, and I just don't see the point in that. I think our only hope is if he finds another team with an expensive under-achiever and they agree to swap players in the hope that a change of scenery will jump-start their careers. Does anyone fit the bill here?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13120 posts
2548 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Vince Carter not necessarily going to ring chase. He still wants to be a player and contribute to the team and be that role player. If he goes to GSW, I don't see him playing much, if any there.
Jan 4, 2017
175 posts
43 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 11:07 pm

Vince Carter not necessarily going to ring chase. He still wants to be a player and contribute to the team and be that role player. If he goes to GSW, I don't see him playing much, if any there.
If GSW loses role players like Livingston & West he'll most definitely get some pt.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7541 posts
2196 upvotes
That would be neat since Vince Carter played with Dell Curry, and might be teammates with his
son Steph Curry 17 years later. Steph Curry lived in Toronto when Dell was on the Raptors.

Steph Curry averaged 50 points per game in Grade 8.
geokilla wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 11:07 pm

Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5450 posts
1119 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Knicks trying to poach Ujiri from the Raps
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6879 posts
2142 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 10:11 am
Knicks trying to poach Ujiri from the Raps
Well that's because Phil Jackson has become a circus act! Don't blame them.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3762 posts
1560 upvotes
Vancouver
If you were Ujiri, why the heck would you want to join a franchise with Dolan running it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9234 posts
527 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 11:11 am
Well that's because Phil Jackson has become a circus act! Don't blame them.
I think its intentional. Dolan payed him to sabotage the players so they can be super garbage and knicks fans will have a "bad guy". They really wanted melo gone.

This is Phil Jackson we are talking about. He dealt with hall of famers and players with the biggest ego's. He is not stupid.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

jl001, QN5252